ADVERTISEMENT

Herald Article on Aquinas

15' STA 492 PF 159 PA
16' STA 571 PF 116 PA (5 running clocks)

15' STA play-offs 185 PF 34 PA
16' STA play-offs 213 PF 14 PA (2 running clock)

Just something to think about:

2015 - 13W - 1L
2016 - 12W - 2L

2015 STA - Played much stronger local competition lthan in 2016:
Broward County Public school speaking you can't match 2016's Flanagan, Hallandale Plantation, and probably even Deerfield Beach and Miramar compared to the 2015 teams.

In the playoffs, 2015 Braden River may have matched up better than any 2016 playoff team that played STA. For starters, that Braden River team was better then this year's Venice on the OL and DL. Not sure compared to Plant though.

If the schedule was any harder this year it is 110% only because of Bishop Gorman and BTW early season. Entire season speaking BTW was better this year but achieved more last year.

For me, to be honest last year STA better slightly better overall Defense - more depth. Offense - slightly better this year - more depth.

Overall, not sure..... Either way, it was very slight probably less than 7 pts IMO.

Do you want me to list the 21 new players they had this year that was not on the team last year.

Yes, please do.

In fact, if you can name the 21 new STA players that transferred in this year (2016) and show where they played last season (2015), I will put on my dunce hat, eat crow, go to the corner and resign my account from this site.

If you can't, you will do the same.

Fair enough?
Now go ahead and back up your words please or get lost. I wan't to end this string even if I have to go packing and walk myself!

Check.

Last edited:
Thank you. You are proving my point that it is not the same team. They play in Texas vs a top 25 team. Let's see how they do.
So you guys think they should be competing against public schools?

I do...Most Broward and Dade public schools want to and will continue to play STA knowing what they are up against.

How about Venice trades schedules with STA next year? Venice has no business commenting on who STA plays until they start playing real public schools - like going beyond 3 teams above a .500 winning percentage :

x6gHnvn8.jpg

Venice Regular season:

Camden County (GA) 2-7
Manatee 7-4
North Port 1-9
Coral Reef 3-7
Sarasota 5-5
Braden River 9-2
Lakewood Ranch 2-7
Palmetto 6-4
Booker 4-6

COMBINED REGULAR SEASON 37-51 ???

Last edited:
Reactions: MustangMom
Were there more FBS players this year or last year in the Senior?
About the same maybe a bit less seniors this year i'd have to count em, but more talent in the underclassmen IMO this year. Wouldnt really matter if they played neither offense would get in a rythm vs the D. winner would be who won the TO margins.

I will put on my dunce hat, eat crow, go to the corner and resign my account from this site.

No single topic has elicited this type response in all the years I've been on this board like a conversation about STA or the "Ground Hog Day" Private / Public debate. But its also a little like Barbra Streisand saying she's leaving the country if her candidate losses an election; never happens.

We all just need to agree its not a fair playing field, yet these are the rules the FHSAA in its infinite wisdom supports, and let the State champs enjoy their accomplishment.

Or we can institute a people's choice "Cross classification" game for better match ups - this year it could have been Venice vs Charlotte and STA vs CC. Imagine the gate for both of those games?

SK... no offense but it would be more likr STA vs CC and Plant vs LG

I didn't mean it that way, I meant program capabilities wise. No matter hypothetical.

Well see now your getting into the whole lets do classifications by player weights or how many transfers they get or how many blades of grass they have on their field like we have seen people complain about on here.

LIke I am sure these same people are crying about everyone gets a trophy society yet they want to change the high school football landscape to give their team a better shot at getting one. (not you SK)

No, you're misreading it. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark since this is mostly Venice/STA fans arguing (and Venice and Charlotte have been playing for most of 90 years).

Also an attempt to bring this epic post to a reasonable end. Florida's high schools have to play in the system that the governing body has set up. We go through this all the time, nobody's mind is going to be changed. Hell, Neutral isn't hardly commenting on it anymore, its getting so old.

My coaches taught me to respect all, fear none, get after it, and when its over, exhibit a respect for the game with appropriate sportsmanship; Congratulate the winner. I played on the best teams in the schools I went to from Junior High through College. Every one of those "best" seasons (except JH with no playoff system) ended in a better team beating mine and me having to exhibit the sportsmanship to the guy I played over, no matter how hard we went at it, or yacked at each other, as I was coached.

Like the election, its time to let it go.

Reactions: peezy28
Not the same team jack leg. They had 21 transfers, I mean 21 BCS transfers this off-season. Do act like this is the same team as last year. I think what you guys are missing is that STA has taken it to a new level this year. Let me explain to you about these all-star teams like STA and IMG. They struggle the beginning of the year until they get things going. I'll post facts here shortly. But, stop talking STA last year they took it to a new level this year, so focus on this year and the future. Can you understand this? STA this year. IMG has basically been at this level for 3 years or 2. I'll post facts here shortly

Do you want me to list the 21 new players they had this year that was not on the team last year.

No single topic has elicited this type response in all the years I've been on this board like a conversation about STA or the "Ground Hog Day" Private / Public debate. But its also a little like Barbra Streisand saying she's leaving the country if her candidate losses an election; never happens.

We all just need to agree its not a fair playing field, yet these are the rules the FHSAA in its infinite wisdom supports, and let the State champs enjoy their accomplishment.

Or we can institute a people's choice "Cross classification" game for better match ups - this year it could have been Venice vs Charlotte and STA vs CC. Imagine the gate for both of those games?

I simply want the poster to back up his words of 21 BCS players that transferred to STA. This clown just throws $#!^ and hope it sticks....If you are going to make detailed statements like such - at least be able to back your statement up. Isn't that fair?

I can generally back mine up ,and if I can't I will at least admit to it.

If I state something like STA practices against several RBs of the Venice RB caliber- I can back up my case. If I state Venice has a undersized OL - I can back up my case.

This clown is giving out specific numbers and claiming there are 21 BCS transfers to STA this year - I simply want it backed up. I happen to think the poster is full of $#!^. As far as I'm concerned he has about as much credibility of the Venice fan/mom that appeared to be under the influence of some sort of drug.

I think a lot of people on here feel the same about the poster. I just want the poster to back up their own words and not to mention the poster OFFERED to list the 21 BCS players.

Last edited:
Neither have I.

I simply want the poster to back up his words of 21 BCS posters. This clown just throw $#!^ and hope it sticks....If you are going to make detailed statements like such - at least be able to back your statement up. Isn't that fair?

I can generally back mine up ,and if I can't I will at least admit to it.

If I state something like STA practices against several RBs of the Venice RB caliber- I can back up my case. If I state Venice has a undersized OL - I can back up my case.

This clown is giving out as specific numbers and claiming there are 21 BCS transfers to STA this year - I simply want it backed up. I happend to think he is full of $#!^.

I think a lot of people on here feel the same about the poster. I just want the poster to back up their own words and not to mention the poster OFFERED to list the 21 BCS players.[/QUOTE]

I need him to provide receipts.... That's all and I guarantee he can't do it... He still can't tell me why a 4a team can beat STA or last year how STA lost to Deerfield and should of lost to Miramar and Hallandale...

Not the same team jack leg. They had 21 transfers, I mean 21 BCS transfers this off-season. Do act like this is the same team as last year. I think what you guys are missing is that STA has taken it to a new level this year. Let me explain to you about these all-star teams like STA and IMG. They struggle the beginning of the year until they get things going. I'll post facts here shortly. But, stop talking STA last year they took it to a new level this year, so focus on this year and the future. Can you understand this? STA this year. IMG has basically been at this level for 3 years or 2. I'll post facts here shortly

Please do.

Here is the scenario STA haters, it really is not that sophisticated.....

Fact - Almost all privates in the United States have stacked rosters relative to their area.

Fact - STA is located in a highly populated and concentrated geographical radius that is the hands down - the football hotbed of America.

Why is it such an anomaly that STA has a loaded roster or perhaps the most loaded roster in the nation - given those facts? Do the math. Look at the population, level of D1 and NFL talent per capita, and factor in a private established football program. Is it really such a shocker???

Fact - The FHSAA sets the rules and regulations regarding districts, classifications, and private and public transfer regulations.

Channel your concerns of privates competing with publics, energy, and hate to the FHSAA. Bashing STA on a forum will be as productive as bashing your head against a wall. But keep at it and see where it gets you...

Last edited:
Once 'Keepingitrealinsrq' starts 'keeping it real' and backs up his claims that he offered to provide, I think this string will end. Hopefully he can back up his claims and screen name. Hopefully the poster is not hiding under a rock...

7A has indeed been down in my opinion as well. Would be interesting to see STA in 6a in one of the Miami Districts.
7A has been down statewide the last few years....It is not STA's fault. Do you think STA is raiding players from Cooper City or Hollywoood Hills or something?
Including this season, 7A has been around for 6 seasons. How is 7A down again? With that being said, when was it up?

It's not the rest of the state, just certain places.

Well, that is part of what I was saying...most parts of the states go through down cycles ( even SFL)...my point was instead of whining, pointing fingers and crying how about - GETTING BETTER?

Cocoa demonstrates the cycle thing and returning to greatness pretty well without whining and crying as they have had to deal with BTW for years and many times they have been a nationally elite team - Like STA.

. Other areas just point fingers and in some posters cases (like keepingitrealinsrq) it is always the other guys fault. It is never - We got beat by the better team and let's reach out to some teams on that level to make ourselves better - win or lose.

Once 'Keepingitrealinsrq' starts 'keeping it real' and backs up his claims that he offered to provide, I think this string will end. Hopefully he can back up his claims and screen name. Hopefully the poster is not hiding under a rock...

Are you still there, Keepingitrealinsrq?

Cat got your tongue or something?

Is your nose growing again?

Please keep entertaining us with your STA fairy tales that you claim are true and were willing to back up ;-)

Mother-Goose-Day.png

Fair enough...Perhaps it would have been better said as simple as " When will Lakeland return to greatness?"
LOL, I can't answer that question but if I had to guess I would say Lakeland's return to greatness will be after Coach Castle retires, if ever. That would be a highly sought after position but I could easily see the balance of power in the city shifting more towards Kathleen. Polk County as a whole is down with 1 title and only 5 title appearances since 2007. By Polk standards, that's bad and with 4 years left before a new decade, Polk has little time to surpass the substandard performance of the 80's.

Last edited:
Here are your top 50 players in Broward for 2015 ranked by the Miami Herald and David Furones.....Who is the true All-Star team?

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/prep-recruiting/article57147168.html

Don't you just love how STA is stacking ALL of the talent in Broward ;-) @ Keepingitrealinsrq ?

Come out from under that rock...come out of your hole!

Man....you left 181pl hanging alone ...

This is how Keepingitrealinsrq was last seen in this forum just after he told us STA had 21 BCS transfers this year and claimed he would name them...we asked him to name them..poor guy has not been seen since:

hiding_under_rock.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe Boy
Here is the scenario STA haters, it really is not that sophisticated.....

Fact - Almost all privates in the United States have stacked rosters relative to their area.

Truth - MOST all privates in the US have tiny populations and do not dominate in football or most other large team sports. The exception is the select few in certain geographic areas. Even in South Florida the number of small private schools greatly outweighs those that compete regularly with big time public programs.

AND most of the institutions that do dominate sacrifice their academics by having multiple paths to graduation. You are either in the Academic Path where the full paying students go or the Special Path where the scholarship kids go. It's a wonderful way to pretend these kids are getting a great education at XYZ School while really giving them watered down courses that differ greatly from the rest of the student body.

I have no problem with the current situation and no problem with STA and others like them but both sides in this argument over simplify and generalize. It is just a microcosm of big corporate football in the NFL and College Ball. Trickle down football degradation.

It's not 21 but without this current recruiting class( and the 12 on the 2015 team) there would be nothing close to a state title the last two years. But of course the Sta boot lickers and other apologists will continue to say it aint true.

New cars and previously used condos= New recruits

1. Lashawn Paulino-Bell--- 6'3 230 DE Coconut Creek
2. Elijah Moore--- 6' WR/SB Western HS
3. Joshua Palmer--6'3 WR out of Canada
4. Sebastian Sainterling---- 6'3 320 OL Hallandale
5. Al Blades Jr-- 6' ATH Univer School
6. Jordan Merrell-- 5'10 WR Dillard
7. Jalen Mackie-- 6'1 225 OLB/DE Univer School
8. Dejmi Dumervil--6'5 325 OL Boyd Anderson
9. Kyshaun Bryan-- 5'11 185 RB Plantation Amer Heritage
10. Adrian Moskowitz-- 6'1 270 Univer School
11. BJ Etienne--6'3 285 OL(Park Vista HS Lake Worth)
12. Grant Mller--6'3 280 OL IMG
13. Trenell Troutman--5'11 DB NW Miami/Pace
14. Kaleb McCarty---6'1 220 LB Oxbridge Academy

Note: This group would include 4-star Daniel Wright and 3-star Brian Edwards but the duo high tailed out the back door as fast as they were ransomed in.

All one has to do is read the comments Wright and his mother made regarding the lies told by Aquinas to know that program has sold what soul it had to the devil.

It's not 21 but without this current recruiting class( and the 12 on the 2015 team) there would be nothing close to a state title the last two years. But of course the Sta boot lickers and other apologists will continue to say it aint true.

New cars and previously used condos= New recruits

1. Lashawn Paulino-Bell--- 6'3 230 DE Coconut Creek
2. Elijah Moore--- 6' WR/SB Western HS
3. Joshua Palmer--6'3 WR out of Canada
4. Sebastian Sainterling---- 6'3 320 OL Hallandale
5. Al Blades Jr-- 6' ATH Univer School
6. Jordan Merrell-- 5'10 WR Dillard
7. Jalen Mackie-- 6'1 225 OLB/DE Univer School
8. Dejmi Dumervil--6'5 325 OL Boyd Anderson
9. Kyshaun Bryan-- 5'11 185 RB Plantation Amer Heritage
10. Adrian Moskowitz-- 6'1 270 Univer School
11. BJ Etienne--6'3 285 OL(Park Vista HS Lake Worth)
12. Grant Mller--6'3 280 OL IMG
13. Trenell Troutman--5'11 DB NW Miami/Pace
14. Kaleb McCarty---6'1 220 LB Oxbridge Academy

Note: This group would include 4-star Daniel Wright and 3-star Brian Edwards but the duo high tailed out the back door as fast as they were ransomed in.

All one has to do is read the comments Wright and his mother made regarding the lies told by Aquinas to know that program has sold what soul it had to the devil.
Ok so first he lies and says 21 transfers this year.. Second if their unstoppable how come they haven't finished undefeated and while playing other top teams down here it's a struggle... Like I've been saying before... S fla public or private schools down here ain't scared of playing STA and are capable of beating them.. Call it boot licking but ain't nobody crabbing about their so call all star team... We all know (down here) why most of the kids go to STA if they have a chance to attend STA... My son is 3 and if he excelle in football and had a chance to attend STA guess what he's going to STA and I live in between Carol City, Norland, Krop, Hallendale,Miramar, shoot you can add American High to it too...

They don't finish undefeated because they are extremely poor coached. I mean these kids could be so much better. Worst coached team I have ever seen. I saw their last 3 games and my 10 year old could put together a better offense than theirs.

They don't finish undefeated because they are extremely poor coached. I mean these kids could be so much better. Worst coached team I have ever seen. I saw their last 3 games and my 10 year old could put together a better offense than theirs.

What does that tell you about Venice's Defense then? Fraud or Garbage?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT