ADVERTISEMENT

Where are we headed? What's going to become of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what did I miss?

I've read a lot of your comments. And I will give a few.
1) I voted for McCain, not Obama
2) I have hated Trump for so many years I've lost count. He is the cruelest man in the world. I remember ever detail of how he treated his wives through their divorces. That says a lot about how a man will treat other countries and he has been true to form
3) I didn't want to vote in 2016 (but I did) because there was no good choice, not one!
4) Every day I pray for a third political party. I don't like the choices available right now. I believe in capitalism but business owners have to care about more than just making money. They have to have a conscience. I still remember how many lives were ruined by those criminals at Enron. I also don't want to save the earth at the expense of jobs. I want my children to have clean air and water and not have to live on top of a landfill. But, over-regulation is ridiculous. All government regulations need to be analyzed, updated, and rewritten to today's standards, not blatantly abolished. I should know as I had to read and follow them for 26 years!
5) I have to register as a Republican to have a say in what happens in my county. No Democrats ever run. And I will do my best to get that idiot, Matt Gaetz, out of office as soon as possible. What an a$$ kisser!

6) In my 34 years around military personnel, I have met people from all around the world. They had different color skin, different religions, and spoke different languages. But, they were just like me. They want to raise their family in a safe and friendly environment, have a job to provide for that family, and be happy. That's all anyone wants. So why are so many people afraid of those that speak other languages or have different color skin? AS I ALWAYS TELL MY FAMILY, HEAVEN ISN'T "WHITES ONLY', SO YOU BETTER LEARN TO LOVE EVERYONE ON EARTH!

You sound like Barack Hussein! WHY does EVERYTHING hafta be about RACE with your folk? I worked around many black folk in the military, after hours in college, working for the school's inventory control division! And in a state agency that started out 90% white, and ten years later, was 90% BLACK! And I found out that there is PLENTY of racism in America! And a vast majority of it is BLACKS towards WHITES! Whites are petrified to look cross ways at blacks in today's environment, for feat of being called RACIST, or worst, having a lawsuit filed against them! NOTHING is EVER enough for you folks! REPARATIONS you say? You got reparations in 1975, when I landed my first job! It was called AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and it is still in existence today! I had the SAME education as my first boss! I got a job with a bachelor's degree, that required an associates degree! And was LUCKY to get get, because of veteran's preference! Because EVERYBODY was over qualified! While SHE, being female with a black face, got the job as DIRECTOR of an agency with thirty five employees! And having NEVER been to school with whites in grammar school, high school, college, and her first J O B in D C! She soon began the process of running all of the whites off the reservation. And it went downhill from THERE! She reminded me a female Barack Hussein! In the right place at the right time, with not a CLUE how to govern!

And I was in the FIRST integrated classes at Moultrie High School, in 1966! FIVE YEARS before it was mandatory! And BUSSING, THAT was a God Send! Because, prior to integration, there was NO bus service in the city of Moultrie! I lived three miles from school, and had to either ride with my mother to within seven blocks of the school at 7:30 in the morning, and wait til 8:15 when the doors opened! Or walk the three miles from home! And contrary to popular belief, the blacks didn't want anything to do with going to school with whitey! The government gave these folk $300.00 to do the deed! My father was an accountant, and made $75.00 a week by contrast! And that was a CRAP LOAD of money in 1966! And on a voluntary basis, we had SEVENTEEN takers! Fast forward to 2019, where blacks voluntarily segregate in upscale Atlanta neighborhoods of Westlake and Langston Hughes areas! And the whole integration hoops BS we had to jump through, just makes my blood boil! Blacks don't realize how good they have it TODAY! Athletes can play sports, by barely getting by in the classroom! In 1966, in order to play sports, a player had to maintain a 'C' average in every subject, in order to play! THESE are the GOOD OLE DAYS!

Orabidone... I am going to need you to explain yourself real quick on what brought you to the assumption that Choctaw fan is black (news flash she is not) and you need to follow that up with dropping the racial rhetoric...

I am pretty lenient with political talk but I see your willing to take it somewhere else. Thank you for your service but clean it up and lay off the shine or you can discuss your flawda issues over on the other board (which I could wipe ya from that one too if it got ugly).

1. Oh and BTW I really need that explanation of foot in mouth syndrome your currently suffering from.
2. I won't say tone it down again...

I respect your GA football knowledge and it is welcome here... but for some reason you decided to go a lil further on this political talk and bring race in conversation when no one else has, and even going on the "you folk" crap when Choctaw is not even one of "you folk" your referring to. I am however and while I am not offended by your opinions (your opinions are based on life experiences as are mine and we grew up in different time periods and probably different cultures so we should have a difference of opinions and that is okay) I won't allow racial overtones to take control of this board... Also "Blacks dont realize how good they have it today" Yeah your definitely on the border at this moment.

Last edited:
That's right, I am white of German decent and daughter of one of the most racist men in the world. He said the "N" word almost every day of his life. He worked for a federal agency and had a discrimination suit filed against him. If the person filing the suit hadn't been so poor at his job, my dad would have been fired and lost all his retirement benefits. Basically, what my father had said was true but the way he said it was appalling.

I never met a black person until I went to the local junior college and could not figure out what my father's problem was. He was a brilliant person who never stepped foot in college but had this major flaw. I had to keep my boys away from him most of the time so they didn't pick up his hateful language. My sons went to elementary school on base and met children adopted by military from all over the world. One son told me that he never felt racism until he got to high school and saw how different the coaches treated the outstanding black athletes like DJ Hall.

And, no, I do not believe reparations should be paid to people that are so many generations past the ones who were treated poorly. Did we do this for the Native Americans? How about all the Europeans who left every thing behind and were lucky to survive the boat ride over only to live in filthy conditions in the US? They tried to do it after the Civil War but the racists hateful southerners did the same thing they are trying to do now. Funny how history tries to repeat itself and we learn from it.

I agree there is racism from all races and nationalities. I worked in an office at Eglin Hospital that was 25% white, 25% black, 25% hispanic, and 25% asian. It just happened to work out that way. Yet when we had a staff meeting, the different sections didn't sit together with their coworkers. The different ethnic groups did. Why?

And, no, I was not active duty. I am in that category that never gets any discounts or the praise. I am a former military spouse, a retired DoD civilian, and now the mother of an Academy graduate and AF pilot. BTW, he made the rank of Major while deployed to Kuwait this spring. He's safely back home. Who knows when and where he will go the next time. Depends on who Trump pisses off next!

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
Choctaw said: "Who knows when and where he will go the next time. Depends on who Trump pisses off next!"
Question: Exactly what country is it that Trump has pissed of in his almost 3 years of being president, that's subsequently caused for military deployment, that there wasn't already a significant US military presence there? Your statement above would seem to indicate that Trump has on multiple occasions, either via presidential action or through communication established a pattern whereby it subsequently results in deployment of the US military around the world.........

PS, I enjoyed everything else about your post, beyond the obvious confusion about the US military conflicts you say Trump initiated?

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
...but the racists hateful southerners did the same thing they are trying to do now. Funny how history tries to repeat itself and we learn from it.

Choc good post but I cringe about the stereotypes about Southerners.

Come on now, The Civil War, Jim Crow and Great Society, are long behind us in the south. Just like people no longer identify the democratic party as the party of the white supremecy like it was after the Civil War and into the last century. Hey, Alabama now let's blacks play football!

Do you honestly think if the south were still that racists Atlanta (Former national HQ of the KKK) would have earned the nickname the "Black Urban Professional Capitol"? Or the Dem's beloved Bill Clinton of 'Deep South' Arkansas would be jokingly called "The first black president." That, by the way sets up an an odd political twist; Clinton's 1994 crime bill incarcerated blacks at incredible numbers - Trump is from the liberal melting pot of NYC, has the most blacks employed in history, yet is labled a racist.

Also, consider how many white supremisct groups are in the north, and operate in Northern prisons.

I'm a 2nd generation Italian-American who grew up in the south. Yes there was racism. In HS I also experienced it. A Desoto farmer wouldn't let me pick up his daughter for a date; and I couldn't lift during the summer with some of my teammates because the older man who had the weights wouldn't let. Why? Because I was Italian and Catholic. The weights didn't matter; me and another teammate worked on a sod crew with 15 black guys, we got plenty of work in doing that. The girl, she was beautiful, that definitely mattered...

But what frosts me as an Independent is Democrats who constantly set the narrative, label and dismiss. Particularly references about the racists south. I've been all over the country and found there is no more or less racism in the south.

In Western Kansas the only black guys I saw out there were my college teammates and a few basketball players going to the Juco. The guys from Glades Central hadn't been around many whites, they had a tough adjustment.

In my Windjammer business in Maine, I was up there for 28 summers and can count the blacks I saw in Rockland on two hands over that time. Most were guests on my schooner including Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin.

I have a lot of friends. Not a single one would I consider a racist. I grew up in Florida with blacks, worked with them in miserable jobs and love some of them still as teammates and friends. In other parts of the country the races haven't (or weren't allowed) to mix as well.

Dems love race baiting- but refuse to acknowledge their politician's unintended policies that keep minorities down in this country. Racism will always exist, because if benifits the political parties - the south no longer holds the monopoly on it.

The election of 1876 did an awful lot to to set Reconstruction back several decades in the south, most don't realize that Florida was central to the controversy with that election and the negotiations that took place between the 2 major politically parties, which lead to the eventual agreement to have Republicans and its nominee Rutherford B Hayes withdraw federal troops from the South which the Democrats desperately wanted and in exchange they basically ended their protest to the re-counting of votes in Florida.

I thought I hand a pretty good handle on diversity and racism while living in Florida, it only took 2 weeks in Athens, GA for me to realize just how wrong I was. There were times I wondered if either side of the isle realized the civil rights act of 1964 had been signed into law. Things like the differences between why my African-American friends taught their kids to always keep their receipts versus why as a white American I taught my kids to keep receipts from purchases.....it was eye opening to have my African-American friends talk to me openly about what present day racism meant to them versus my own perception of present day racism!

I don't believe its as bad as it once was, but living in the deep South has allowed me to have my eyes really opened to how much of it still exist.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
I had a different experience in the 8-years I spent summers in Detroit when I was running the Domino's Pizza/ Detroit Tigers owner's yacht. I docked at the Rooster Tail Marina on the Detroit River, the water front was built up, the block in was abandoned homes from the 50s.

I was a minority - 90% of the boaters in that Marina were black - in Marinas in Florida the only blacks I saw were Bahamian captains ( I was friends with one who hooked me up when I went to Nassau one winter with the yacht - his brother was the dock master at Hurricane Hole).

In Detroit, I immediately threw a BBQ to introduce ourselves to the group, and we had a great relationship. One young kid who was about seven who I used to let give tours on the yacht, kept in touch with me for years until college. His family took me home for dinner a few times - upscale middle class black neighborhoods in Detroit. Now it didn't hurt that the Tigers that year led wire to wire for the first time since the 1927 NY Yankees, and people loved my boss winning it all in 1984, the first year he owned them. But, Detroit also had a black Mayor, Chief of Police and they didn't talk much about racism - don't think I heard it mentioned in the eight years I spent in that marina. And this was a city where on Jefferson Blvd, right out in front of the Marina, it went from abject poverty to million dollar homes in Grosse Point in a mere city block.

I think if you look for anything you can find it. I also believe if you gravitate towards decent people, act like one, it is usually reciprocated. That's the lesson I learned first hand being in foreign countries in my line of work.

Last edited:
I would like to state once again how much I am enjoying this discussion. Choctaw Fan and Silver King, I love to read about your backstories, and how they shape your worldviews. Gatorman001, your history lessons and views are also very insightful.

Reactions: Silver King
I grew up in St Louis but I learned a lot about the history of the South from watching "Who Do You Think You Are". There is some amazing information uncovered on that show. My Ancestry DNA said I had British blood but everyone in my family came from the French/German border that moved often due to many wars. I learned through that show that many Catholics left the British Isles and went to mainland Europe to escape religious persecution.

gatorman001 is absolutely correct and by the turn of the century blacks were almost more persecuted in the South than when they were slaves. That's what sent a lot of them north to jobs in factories. Even though they were guaranteed land that they could farm, their lives were in danger. When the weather cools, I want to drive up to the Lynching Memorial in Montgomery AL. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/25/us/lynching-memorial-alabama.html. It looks amazing and I expect to learn even more. They didn't teach most of this stuff in midwestern schools.

And yes, racism is alive and well in the South. I get most of my TV from Mobile stations. I see and hear about it every day. Very little has changed in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama as far as educational and employment opportunities for minorities. As a "right to work" state, salaries are extremely low and poverty continues from one generation to the next. This is true for poor whites also. Only the few wealthy in these states are enjoying life.

And that war that Trump is trying to start is with Iran. That nuclear deal was not perfect but good enough. The rest of the world was happy with it. But Trump is out to destroy everything the black president before him accomplished. That's all it is about. My son was in Kuwait from February to June and I sat at home listening to your president taunt them, knowing my son was right in harm's way. Oh, and his mission was to fly troops in and out of Syria so no worries there! There are risks with every military deployment but the President of the United States should NEVER make it worse for our troops. Maybe he would understand if he weren't too afraid to serve! Get off Twitter, you idiot!

Choctaw: Brief civics lesson, The treaty with Iran was never presented to Congress to be ratified by the Obama administration. So in principle like so many of the actions Obama took while President, it amounted to nothing more than an executive action. Presidential executive actions staying power, simply put means nothing once that President leaves office, as its at the new President's discretion whether to leave it intact or discontinue it.....................keep in mind, key to getting the Iranians to sign off, was the willingness of the Obama administration to unfreeze 150 billion in Iranian assets and payment in another 1.8 billion in cash.......much of that money has subsequently been used by the Iranians to support terrorism world wide as well as support military involvement in Syria.

The agreement didn't prevent Iran from enriching or storing uranium, but again simply limit those amounts for 15 years. There have been any number of reports since then and even before Trump pulled the US out of the agreement, since there was never any process put in place to verify Iran was holding up their end of that part of the deal, that Iran was/has been violating this part of the agreement from the very beginning.

There's even been some speculation that the whole Russian collusion narrative, was created in part because the Obama administration knew Trump's intent was once elected and sworn into office was to pull the US out of the Iran deal.........That the narrative's hope was to at worst stymie the Trump Presidency, and at best get him removed from office's........

Bottom line Obama thought so little of the actual integrity of the Iran deal, he didn't even attempt to present to Congress for ratification.....think about that for a moment before you go off making accusations about Trump being a war-monger.

I salute you and your husband for raising such fine children, and pray for you son's continued safety!

Go Canes Go!

You sound like Barack Hussein! WHY does EVERYTHING hafta be about RACE with your folk? I worked around many black folk in the military, after hours in college, working for the school's inventory control division! And in a state agency that started out 90% white, and ten years later, was 90% BLACK! And I found out that there is PLENTY of racism in America! And a vast majority of it is BLACKS towards WHITES! Whites are petrified to look cross ways at blacks in today's environment, for feat of being called RACIST

I’m a white, mid thirties male, Republican. While there’s racism issues on all sides I never have felt scared to look at another race. My parents divorced when I was 2 and grew up in Vero Beach, but my mom who I spent half the year with lived in Fellsmere where “whites” are a minority. I grew up in a Southern Baptist church where we would frequent a lot of other churches around the state including ones in the Okeechobee lake area, Belle Glade, Clewiston, Pahokee. Sometimes my brother and I would be the only white kids there. Never once at the services or around the towns where we were the minority’s was I afraid to look at someone of a different color skin. There is racism I know this but a lot of the time it’s in the eye of the beholder and people scared of the stereotypes. To say 90% is blacks calling whites racist is ignorant and a big cause of the problems we have today, no matter what ethnic background, political party, or skin color your from caused by people with other agendas that usually don’t giving a flying crap about main issues but use that excuse to push other things along.

Reactions: Silver King
Orabidone... I'm still waiting on a response.... gonna need an explanation of your horrible assumptions and probably an apology would be nice... or you can just head back on up that Jawja road.

Choctaw Fan, it is interesting that you grew up in St. Louis, which has a sordid history of race problems.

Where is Coop now?

His last name was Cooper. His first initials were not D.B. Nu'Trelle worked with him in '71-'72. The firm we worked for was a subsidiary of Boise-Cascade, a company that started in cardboard and diversified from there. We worked at one of their 37 mobile home/RV plants.

Coop was hired as a part of the "Affirmative Action" initiative that was first signed into law by JFK by Executive Order in '61. He was the only person Nu'Trelle ever knew who was hired as a direct result of the initiative.

Coop didn't replace anyone. The company created a brand new position for him. Our factory manufactured mobile homes and sold them to dealerships in six states. Coop stayed in-office 40 hours a week working the telephone, primarily making cold calls to dealerships in areas that needed more saturation, plus also did follow-ups with active dealers to make sure service/warranty problems had been put to rest.

We only had 6 or 7 people in the front office, but all of us liked Coop. He was an easy going guy with a good sense of humor.

Very early on, Nu'Trelle - who was pretty familiar with the mobile home industry before hiring on with Boise-Cascade - knew Coop would be facing an uphill challenge. If there were any Black dealership owners, Nu'Trelle didn't know any of them. If there were any Black salesmen at dealerships, Nu'Trelle had never met one. Very few Blacks lived in mobile home parks. He knew Coop might make 10,000 calls and never speak to a Black person.

Nu'Trelle was one of 2 sales people at the plant. He spent 2 weeks a month on the road calling on dealers, but never got one lead that Coop had generated. The other salesman said the same, yet business was booming. Both of us were making money hand over fist. The sales coordinator - who was in charge of coordinating plant production - was raking in twice the money that most recent college graduates were earning.

We all wondered if Coop would make it. Certainly we were all rooting for him. Finally one night after work, the sales coordinator, the other salesman and I met for a drink to talk things over.

Coop was Black, but he didn't have to shake hands with anyone. He just needed to talk to people over the phone. Trouble was, by the time Coop said, "Hello my name is ...", the person on the other end of the line was asking himself/herself, "Why is this Black guy calling me today?"

In our estimation, all he had to do to turn things around was learn a little more about our product line and not "sound" Black. For instance Lester Holt, NBC Evening News anchor, doesn't sound Black. Redd Foxx, does ... or did. Coop didn't just talk Black, he talked "Gangsta rap" black.

If he made 10,000 cold calls, 9,999 of those who answered the phone would guess he was Black. It was a no-brainer. The one person who guessed differently would best be advised to shop for a hearing aid. Yet Coop was still there when Nu'Trelle moved on to open up his first business ... a retail mobile home dealership.

Coop eventually quit Boise-Cascade and no one blamed him. The company put him behind the 8 ball in the first place. The guy simply needed a "voice coach". Wouldn't have been the first time it ever happened, yet my immediate superior told me I'd be fired if I ever said one word to Coop about "sounding" black.

Wonder what ever happened to Coop? Maybe he's still alive and is one of the world's oldest hip-hop artists. Maybe I'll run into him at a retirement center someday?

That story Neutral reminded me of how I always teased the guys on the B-ball courts at Jessie P Miller Elementary. I was always if not the last to be picked, the next to last to be picked, I was in my early 30's at that point, had lost a step and was no longer jumping as high as I did when in my 20's. Anyway's I always had great fun hanging out playing B-ball, a few of us guys even put a team together to play in a "Hoop it Up" tournament in the downtown streets of Tampa one year! I had no talent compared to these guys, to be honest most guys my age were no where to be seen in as far as getting on the court at that point, probably the one thing that kept me out there and tolerated by the guys I was playing with was my super competitive nature, and the other thing I always teased the guys about in as far as they seeming to tolerating me on the court with them....................that being as I teased them was I was the token white guy they needed on the court, that kept the West Bradenton White folks from being upset, that their courts seemed to be trending African- American.......we all got a laugh out of it when ever I teased them about it, but the reality was we all knew there actually some truth to it...............

Go Canes Go!

I love finding new talent, and the internet makes it particularly easy to do that......this young man " Josh Turner" is gifted with music composition, but I believe life experiences at this point of his young life haven't given him enough to write quality lyrics just yet......my opinion anyways.....here's a Buffalo Springfield cover he did I thought was appropriate for the topic thread title "For What its worth"

Yes, St Louis has had it's racial issues for many years. Like most cities, they have the Veiled Prophet parade and ball. The person who garnered the most donations for a charity won. Of course, the winner was always from the riches family and only the elite were included. My family took us to the parade one year. As the queen's float was going by, the Black Panthers jumped out and lay on the ground in front of it. The police came and my mom and dad hurried us to the car. We never went to anything downtown again!

gatorman, you listen to way too much Fox News. Anyone who does not believe that Russia interfered with our election is a fool. It will happen again and Moscow Mitch is banking on it. Because that 24% on Medicaid in Kentucky is surely not going to vote for him! He already sold out the US to get that aluminum plant in his state. Do you really want a Russian Olegard owning more in the US? I'd rather work to get them out of our country.

I have not researched the issues with Iran but I know that usually one administration tries to help a country then the next goes to war against them. And usually Russia is in the middle of it all. I know that Russia is supplying weapons to Turkey now. I worked in a test squadron at Eglin AFB when Turkey was doing weapon testing on their F-15s sold to them by the US.

It will take generations to correct the damage done to this country by this administration. I only hope your children and grandchildren are up to the task. This is a beautiful country and I have traveled a large portion of it. We cannot let capitalism destroy it for the sake of making a buck or selling more oil.

This is a beautiful country ... We cannot let capitalism destroy it for the sake of making a buck or selling more oil.
Interesting. Just one question, Choctaw_fan. If, as you suggest, capitalism is destroying the U.S., what system are you advancing as "the answer"?

Interesting. Just one question, Choctaw_fan. If, as you suggest, capitalism is destroying the U.S., what system are you advancing as "the answer"?

Capitalism isn't destroying the country

The rich not giving a crap about anyone but themselves as well as people determined to push hate to anyone who "looks different" is what is screwing this country up

Yes, St Louis has had it's racial issues for many years. Like most cities, they have the Veiled Prophet parade and ball. The person who garnered the most donations for a charity won. Of course, the winner was always from the riches family and only the elite were included. My family took us to the parade one year. As the queen's float was going by, the Black Panthers jumped out and lay on the ground in front of it. The police came and my mom and dad hurried us to the car. We never went to anything downtown again!

gatorman, you listen to way too much Fox News. Anyone who does not believe that Russia interfered with our election is a fool. It will happen again and Moscow Mitch is banking on it. Because that 24% on Medicaid in Kentucky is surely not going to vote for him! He already sold out the US to get that aluminum plant in his state. Do you really want a Russian Olegard owning more in the US? I'd rather work to get them out of our country.

I have not researched the issues with Iran but I know that usually one administration tries to help a country then the next goes to war against them. And usually Russia is in the middle of it all. I know that Russia is supplying weapons to Turkey now. I worked in a test squadron at Eglin AFB when Turkey was doing weapon testing on their F-15s sold to them by the US.

It will take generations to correct the damage done to this country by this administration. I only hope your children and grandchildren are up to the task. This is a beautiful country and I have traveled a large portion of it. We cannot let capitalism destroy it for the sake of making a buck or selling more oil.

Tell you what Choctaw, rather than make assumptions about where I get my information from, why don't you come up with something showing the information I provided in my reply was not only wrong but was also based on a FOX News report.......think you'll surprised that FOX News isnt my source for information. Did you know with the latest FOIA dump it was discovered that the IT guy for Hillary that setup that private Network server, had all of Hillary's emails while she was serving the US as the Secretary of State sent to a email address that belong to a Chinese company? What's really eye opening about all of this, is that the James Comey Led FBI decided not find out why this was being done and the Loretta Lynch led DOJ decided to not bring indictments. The reason I mention that is that foreign country's interested in disrupting our elections isn't limited to just Russia, there are in fact many that do so every election cycle.......the convenient narrative from the main stream media however was to spread this lie that its only Russia that seeks to disrupt our elections, as well as the false RUSSIAN COLLUSION narrative with the Trump campaign. What you should be asking questions about was why the Obama administration despite being notified in 2014 by its National Security officials as well as officials in the State Department about the efforts of foreign governments (Russia....etc..) intended efforts to meddle in our elections.....it did basically nothing to stop it? Maybe that's what Obama meant when he told Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, he'd have more flexibility after his re-election?

You know the US has suspended supplying Turkey with the weapon systems ( I believe that was mainly the F-35's), not yet delivered, because of the missile systems contract its entered into with Russia. Had you been keeping up with the Turkey Government, you know its been questioned for a number of years now regarding the reliability of Turkey as a NATO partner.......had nothing to do with Trump as this was all going on long before Trump became President....... You need to do some research beyond what ever it is you do now.....because its obvious your insight on Turkey is limited at best.

Love to also hear your thesis on how Capitalism is destroying America?

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Tell you what Choctaw, rather than make assumptions about where I get my information from, why don't you come up with something showing the information I provided in my reply was not only wrong but was also based on a FOX News report.......think you'll surprised that FOX News isnt my source for information. Did you know with the latest FOIA dump it was discovered that the IT guy for Hillary that setup that private Network server, had all of Hillary's emails while she was serving the US as the Secretary of State sent to a email address that belong to a Chinese company? What's really eye opening about all of this, is that the James Comey Led FBI decided not find out why this was being done and the Loretta Lynch led DOJ decided to not bring indictments. The reason I mention that is that foreign country's interested in disrupting our elections isn't limited to just Russia, there are in fact many that do so every election cycle.......the convenient narrative from the main stream media however was to spread this lie that its only Russia that seeks to disrupt our elections, as well as the false RUSSIAN COLLUSION narrative with the Trump campaign. What you should be asking questions about was why the Obama administration despite being notified in 2014 by its National Security officials as well as officials in the State Department about the efforts of foreign governments (Russia....etc..) intended efforts to meddle in our elections.....it did basically nothing to stop it? Maybe that's what Obama meant when he told Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, he'd have more flexibility after his re-election?

You know the US has suspended supplying Turkey with the weapon systems ( I believe that was mainly the F-35's), not yet delivered, because of the missile systems contract its entered into with Russia. Had you been keeping up with the Turkey Government, you know its been questioned for a number of years now regarding the reliability of Turkey as a NATO partner.......had nothing to do with Trump as this was all going on long before Trump became President....... You need to do some research beyond what ever it is you do now.....because its obvious your insight on Turkey is limited at best.

Love to also hear your thesis on how Capitalism is destroying America?

Go Canes Go!

Well since you didn't use fox would you kindly post the link to where you did find all this out so we can read a unbiased report on this?

FloridaSlayer said: "Well since you didn't use fox would you kindly post the link to where you did find all this out so we can read a unbiased report on this?" I spoke on a number of things in the post above, and none of it comes from a single source.

The key to understanding history and/or politics is to know 1st who your reading. Its not impossible but I'll admit difficult now days to find those that don't write or report with pure unadulterated bias. Beyond Sports, and documentary's, I watch very little TV.....Working the midnight shift for a number of years, probably did more to help me achieve that discipline than anything else. I just read and read alot.......I love blog sites....you'd be surprised the number of people out there that possess incredible insight and knowledge, from actual involvement or like me just make it their business to take in as much information as they can....

So anyways what I posted came from what I knew already, what specifically do you want information on and I'll send you some links......

Go Canes Go!

FloridaSlayer said: "Well since you didn't use fox would you kindly post the link to where you did find all this out so we can read a unbiased report on this?" I spoke on a number of things in the post above, and none of it comes from a single source.

The key to understanding history and/or politics is to know 1st who your reading. Its not impossible but I'll admit difficult now days to find those that don't write or report with pure unadulterated bias. Beyond Sports, and documentary's, I watch very little TV.....Working the midnight shift for a number of years, probably did more to help me achieve that discipline than anything else. I just read and read alot.......I love blog sites....you'd be surprised the number of people out there that possess incredible insight and knowledge, from actual involvement or like me just make it their business to take in as much information as they can....

So anyways what I posted came from what I knew already, what specifically do you want information on and I'll send you some links......

Go Canes Go!

Yeah I agree, I can't stand listening to news stations of any kind anymore, only news I listen to are ones that are centered around sports (like local channels who show highlights)

As for question there wasn't anything specific but I just wanted to see a few links to investigate a few of the sources and perhaps see which sources tend to have a limited amount of bias

We know sources like CNN and fox are extremely biased for their demographic so really any citing of those sources are completely useless but I'm sure there has to be some out there with a limited amount of bias that may be able to present a neutral argument and I want to see a few of those potential sources for research purposes

I read Smart News because they advertise that they post information from both sides and they do. The Hill is very conservative and I have found a few sights that are very liberal. I rarely agree with either one.

Greedy Capitalists are destroying America! As I always say Capitalism will only work if those at the top have a conscience. You don't make money without thinking about the consequences. You don't pull natural resources out of the earth if it will destroy the environment for the rest of time. You don't grow sugar and pollute all the water downstream. You don't make a few people rich and everyone else poor. Remember how Vanderbilt, Goodyear, and Firestone fought to be the richest of all while people where dying in their factories? Trump said everyone got rich off his tax cuts. Did you? I didn't. Taxing little a bit less still gives you little. But, to him, we don't count. We are non-entities. Just ask him. You see how much he cares about the farmers. When all those farmers go out of business, where will we get our food? I'm sure the rich can get it anywhere. What about you and me? If big conglomerates take over the farming business, we will pay double for food products and the government will continue to give them all the subsidies. We need our small farmers to succeed!

I know what has been going on in Turkey. I actually talked to a guy who was working in Istanbul during the failed takeover in was it 2015 or 2016? He was scared to death. I was still working for the Air Force when they ordered all family members home from Incirlik AB because they decided both Turkey and Syria were getting too dangerous. I have not spoken to anyone lately to know if even military are still at that base. There were US military in several locations in Turkey.

And, no, I never read any story about the person handling Hillary's server. Conspiracy theorists have spread a whole lot of lies around. If it can't be proven by hard facts, I don't believe. Everyone says mainstream news is putting fake news out but I have heard many of them say that others have reported a story but they have not yet confirmed it. There are still news outlets who care about what they report. And, I saw a story a few days ago showing how opinionated the great Walter Cronkite was. Nixon didn't like it either. Look what happened to him.

I read a lot now, also. Early retirement allows for that. I go out almost every day and ride a bike and I want to start listening to audio books. It's a recumbent tricycle so I won't fall off. Nothing better than getting healthy and enlightened all at the same time!

Folks, Nu'Trelle will be unable to fashion a sensible response to Choctaw_fan's post because, frankly, he wouldn't know where to start.

Greedy Capitalists are destroying America! As I always say Capitalism will only work if those at the top have a conscience.

Do you ever go to a beauty salon to get a cut or perm? If the answer is yes, unless you go to a "government" salon, you're doing business with a capitalist.

Buy groceries? Same deal. Unless you buy from a PX, you're dealing with another "dreaded" capitalist. The people who are, by your assessment, destroying the United States.

But that's not the most pathetic part of your argument. The most pathetic aspect is that you spent the better part of your life working for the U.S. Government, an entity that creates not one penny of wealth. Not one red cent.

Where did the government get the money they paid to you? They taxed people. They taxed the person who cut your hair. They taxed the salon owner. They taxed the grocery store cashier, the stock boys, and the company who owned the supermarket.

If there were stockholders involved, the government reached into their pockets too. If you are in any way confused, the government does not create wealth. They spend it.

And that's HOW you existed. Capitalists ... millions of us ... supported you and your family with our tax dollars.

If there is any person in the U.S. that should immediately fall to their hands and knees and praise the combined efforts of those in the private sector (read "Capitalists"), it's a government employee.

Great point Neutral Observer. Choctaw Fan seems like a nice lady, but I know a few Government employees, whether Federal, State, or County, who think the way that she does. I do collect a paycheck from the taxpayer-funded public schools so I really can't say much about that. However, most of my income comes from the private sector, and I just have to wonder if people who work at a taxpayer-funded job understand what Capitalism has done to enrich and benefit the U.S.A. for hundreds of years.

Choctaw_fan is a lady who has come here for years and I've read the vast majority of her 6,442 posts.

One thing is very clear about her view of society. She finds anyone who has acquired wealth to be abhorrent. Perhaps she could stomach an indigent person who hit the Lottery, but if you are someone who started your own business, worked hard enough to survive and wound up being lucky enough to prosper, she would likely consider you to be vile, contemptible and greedy.

Are there any people who agree with her? You bet there are. They're called liberals by some, leftists by others. Politically. they endorse candidates with socialistic ideas who have no workable plan to fund the entitlements they promise to one and all ... even to undocumented aliens.

As one of the current Democratic presidential hopefuls openly stated during the second round of the debates, "We're going to tax rich people into the ground."

Is Nu'Trelle rich enough to feel threatened by such rhetoric? No, they won't disenfranchise people like him at the outset. But he's smart enough to realize how socialism always works. Choctaw_fan could be just as smart if only she'd crack open a few history books and bone up on her math.

Last edited:
Neutral Observer, we have had some differences in the past, mostly on the issue of school choice. However, I have found many of your recent posts to be very insightful, enlightening, and full of common sense, real-world observations. I enjoy reading your point-of-view, and it is obvious that you have lived a very full and enriching life. The one aspect that I really enjoy about these massage boards is meeting interesting people with something interesting to say. There are still several posters who fit that criteria on this message board.

First of all, I worked in the private sector for quite a while before I worked in government. Then I went unemployed for 2 1/2 years after marrying military. The only reason I went to work for the government was that it almost guaranteed a job at the next duty location for military spouses. Don't ever think I worked for them to get a free ride. I worked my ass off for 26 years. As I secretary, I edited classified test reports when other secretaries were never asked to because their bosses didn't think they had the skill to understand the words. I was also building databases for them in my spare time while taking classes in computer programming.

In another job, I was often being tasked to go visit other bases to help HQ personnel with inspections because I actually had more knowledge than any of them. I did a lot of the training for all 74 AF medical facilities. I earned the promotion to DC and when I got there, they were sure to work me to death. Early retirement saved my life.

I have absolutely no problem with most rich people. I have one in my family. Yes, my sister and brother-in-law live in a $1.22M home in Naples. Is that rich? Probably not by Naples standards. He was developer. He started with nothing and worked very hard to earn all he did. But look at people like Trump and Jeffrey Epstein. For every honorable rich person there are several who are pure scum. And many of them support Trump because he will take away all the regulations that protect the public and allow the wealthy to make even more money. Because to them the only important thing in life is making money.

True Christians know that the bible tells you not to fixate on money or worldly possessions. You only need enough to take care of your family and all the rest should be given to those who need it more. But I have been reading that the Evangelical religion is now saying that God rewards those with the most money. Yeah right!

There are some serious issues in the world today. It has to change real soon!

A few random thoughts for Choctaw_fan.

You didn't need to explain your job duties with the U.S. Government. You no doubt did a fine job. I wasn't suggesting anything less. But the point I was trying to make apparently went straight over your head. THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE WEALTH. Taxpayers shoulder 100% of the burden for every single dime the government spends or, as is often the case, just plain gives away.

I was glad to read that you are a True Christian, yet for some reason you seem very comfortable about sitting in judgment of your fellow man (e.g., referring to many of them as "scum").

You also seem very comfortable about deciding what other Americans might choose to do with their AFTER-TAX disposable income. Many of us differ greatly from you in that respect. What my neighbors might decide to do with their life savings has NOTHING to do with me and my particular needs. If they earned their income legally and paid their tax debts to all governmental agencies, then what they decide to do with what's left over is NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

I would also suggest that you might be a lot happier in life if you concentrate your concerns on what YOU HAVE and stop worrying about what OTHERS MAY HAVE. If you don't own a $1.22 million dollar home, file it in your "That fact doesn't mean a shit" file.

The measuring stick for success is definitely not your sister and brother-in-law. By world standards, YOU are a wealthy person. Most respected economists estimate that the U.S. poverty level is 30 TIMES HIGHER than most countries in the rest of the world. Why is this possible? The answer in one word, Capitalism! It allowed you to live a life that the vast majority of people in other parts of the world dare not dream about.

Doubt the veracity of that paragraph? Step One: Pick out a foreign country where the masses are impoverished. Let's say "Somalia". Step Two: Determine the average net worth of a Somalian. Step Three: Go to your bank and withdraw all of your funds over and above that amount. NOW YOU WILL BE TRULY POOR. Final Step: Obtain a cashier's check and send it to Somalia with a note saying "Distribute equally to every man, woman and child."

Sadly, you'll eventually become a burden to society (or to the rest of your family) because you will have exhausted 99% your savings, but at least you'll be able to put your feet up and proudly proclaim that you are a "True Christian".

For Choctaw:

Matthew 19:16-30
A Rich Man Refuses to Follow Jesus and ‘love your neighbor the same as you love yourself.’”
16 A man came to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to have eternal life?”

17 Jesus answered, “Why do you ask me about what is good? Only God is good. But if you want to have eternal life, obey the law’s commands.”

18 The man asked, “Which ones?”
Jesus answered, “‘You must not murder anyone, you must not commit adultery, you must not steal, you must not tell lies about others,

19 you must respect your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor the same as you love yourself.

20 The young man said, “I have obeyed all these commands. What else do I need?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, then go and sell all that you own. Give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven. Then come and follow me!”

22 But when the young man heard Jesus tell him to give away his money, he was sad. He didn’t want to do this, because he was very rich. So he left.

23 Then Jesus said to his followers, “The truth is, it will be very hard for a rich person to enter God’s kingdom. 24 Yes, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter God’s kingdom.”

25 The followers were amazed to hear this. They asked, “Then who can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “This is something that people cannot do. But God can do anything.”

27 Peter said to him, “We left everything we had and followed you. So what will we have?”

28 Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 Everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children, or farms to follow me will get much more than they left. And they will have eternal life. 30 Many people who are first now will be last in the future. And many who are last now will be first in the future.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
I don't care what my other family members have. I lived in Naples for two years and hated it. I hated the invasion of the snowbirds. I heard my nieces and nephews complain about them but didn't understand when I was only visiting. Living there is a different story. Most of my family lives to excess and is in very poor health. I expect my next visit down there will be for the funeral of my YOUNGER sister. Really sad!

And I don't hate rich people. But when there are super rich and poor and nothing in between, we have a problem. Everyone knows that. The economy will not work with that mix. And there is not a single one of you who will be included in the super rich, ever! First your president banned the Muslims, next it was Hispanics, then will it be the poor? When will it be us? Putin does the same thing every single day. It's like Trump calls him up and asks how to solve a problem.

And there are parts of the government that do make money. I ran a contract that billed private medical insurance for care provided in military medical facilities and to civilians treated in overseas facilities. We brought in millions every year. That's the other reason I worked so hard. So what did Congress do? Force me out in the name of budget cuts then 2 years later blew up the deficit!

Looked up that comment about Clinton's email server and the Chinese. I see Sheryl Atkinson is still making an issue of it but here's a story that says the Senate could find no wrong doing. Yes, it's CNN but I'll continue to look for verification on other sites. https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/politics/hillary-clinton-china-emails-probe/index.html

Hope you all heard the comments today from "THE CHOSEN ONE!" Hope all your children and grandchildren stay safe from harm as they innocently walk into their school. I'm done here. Peezy, please mark my account so that you do NOT automatically bill me next summer. I don't need this abuse from people I thought were my friends. This is what I hate about so many Republicans. They think their way is the only way. The smart Republicans have left the party!

I'll save you the skewed reporting from cable news lowest rated network "CNN" here the actual senate report:
link: https://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2019-08-14 Staff memo to CEG RHJ - ICIG Interview Summary RE Clinton Server.pdf

The memo tells of the State Department’s desperate efforts to downgrade the classification of information Hillary had handled on her unsecured server. More crucially, it reveals worries the Intelligence Community Inspector General’s office had that Hillary’s emails were dropping real time into Chinese hands … while the FBI could care less. Even when it looked like Hillary’s people were in on it.

You mean Never Trumper's guys like Bill Kyrstal......the guy that ran the now defunct "Weekly Standard" into the ground...........I get it and the way it is for you and so many others "Orangemanbad"

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Gatorman001 and Neutral Observer, I don't even know what to say anymore. Now the Federal Government billing and taking money from private companies is creating wealth and growing our Economy in this woman's eyes. The Republicans, who this woman make no effort to hide the fact that she "hates" even though many of us paid her salary though our taxes for many years, are the only ones who say "my way of the highway." Go tell Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, or even AOC and the "squad" that there is a another way, and let's see what they say. Also, President Trump is not banning "Muslims" or "Hispanics", he wanted a travel ban from certain majority Muslim countries, and Hispanics who follow immigration laws and emigrate legally are more than welcome. We just don't want people sneaking into this country illegally. But then again, this is the same woman who wanted to ban all private gun-ownership except if a person joined the Military, and just blasted game officials from games that she attended. It is nice to know that we are "hated" by this woman. How very "Christian" of her.

For Choctaw_fan and any other American who is convinced that stealing assets from the mega-rich will solve all of the problems in the United States:

The following image was posted on Facebook by "Proud Veteran and American Patriot 2" on August 16, 2019. The numbers (i.e., 550, 2.5 trillion and less than 8 months) are close enough that Nu'Trelle would not argue their authenticity.

68710074_1298499153647342_8591077053300736000_n.jpg

Now comes the question, after our lawmakers would enact legislation to legally "redistribute" the wealth of all billionaires, who would they target next? Stupid question, really. They'd simply ask their electorate, "Who has the right to privately control $750 million in liquid assets?" Then after they blew that money, the question would become $500 million. Then 250 million, etc, etc, etc.

It's called "Socialism" friends, otherwise known as "Utopia for the mathematically challenged". The people who parrot the system always rely on the support of the seriously misinformed. People who are so gullible they can be convinced that something of value will be given to them for free and somebody else will agree to foot the bill.

It's essentially the Ponzi scheme that tops all other Ponzi schemes.

If you think you've seen government corruption and uncontrolled spending in a Democracy, wait until you see what happens after "Progressives" legislate free medical care for every man, woman and child who lives here OR manages to cross our border.

What to do if the Democrats take control: Go to the bank and remove all your cash. Find a place to hide it. Go to Walmart and buy a tent. Take a few pictures of your home, someone "affiliated with the Party" will be the next occupant.

Having trouble believing? The truth is only 90 miles away from the Florida border. Have a conversation with any Cuban immigrant who fled his/her homeland after the Castro regime decided it had the "right" to seize their land.

Serious tip: If you consider yourself a conservative, but may not embrace all that Trump stands for, Google the name Ben Shapiro and see what comes up.

Gatorman001 and Neutral Observer, I don't even know what to say anymore ...
Honestly, I feel sorry for Choctaw_fan. She's not a very happy person. Like many, if not most of us, she's carrying around a lot of baggage, but, truthfully, I had no idea as to the actual extent.

If you don't know what to say to her, it's probably best to say nothing at all.

BTW I'll try to follow my own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT