ADVERTISEMENT

Wave You guys looked pretty good against Oxbridge

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
David Doorsey wrote that article about what a power house Oxbridge Academy was in the News-Press yesterday and then the Green Wave Defense holds them to three first downs?

What kind of team are they, not familiar.

Very nice team. Their coach is from our area. We were glad to have them agree to a two game series. Another weather disaster though. Hard rain for the first half. They are loaded on both sides of the ball but their kicking game didn't look like a state champion. Again, it could have been the wet conditions. Our defense finally came through but the offense could not get to the corners because of their speed. We managed some yards between the tackles, but not much. They are better than us, at this point. Since Fort Myers is in a re-building year, not a bad loss. Next year they come back and I would expect the outcome to be different. I will say that they are a first class operation as they denied all of our offers for traveling ( food, drinks etc. ) . We will try them next year. Wave Out!

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Glad to see Fort Myers made somewhat a game of this one. I expect a few more points in this one between both teams (perhaps the rain?) but Fort Myers did well for themselves keeping it somewhat close.

Just curious has Hardee ever played Ft Myers? I don’t ever recalll these two ever playing each other even though we are only an hour drive away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT