ADVERTISEMENT

Vero 42, Venice 20

Trelle

Dec 9, 2002
Pinkos has Venice by 17, Vero was slow in the first but made good second half adjustments. Sloppy though a lot of penalties some warranted by Vero some iffy by the officials but a good test and nice to start off 1-0 against a team like Venice for the season on the road.

Pinkos has Venice by 17, Vero was slow in the first but made good second half adjustments. Sloppy though a lot of penalties some warranted by Vero some iffy by the officials but a good test and nice to start off 1-0 against a team like Venice for the season on the road.

I watched some of the game and this Venice team is no where as good as last years Venice team. Where was Gregory the Venice TB, he's a difference maker for Venice and I don't recall seeing him at all in the game. Also didn't see anywhere close to the type of physicality on the Venice OL and DL like Venice had last year. Good win for Vero regardless, to come across the state...playing a team like Venice for an opener and get a win!

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: Trelle
Well, Pecock is suspended.

Venice has one of the top staffs in the state - but if you played the game, you know great head coaches are usually best at identifying and motivating their teams excatly at the point when they need it. The staff takes its cue and feeds off the HC. They had more than 400 yds of offense, but some turnovers.

Say what you want it's different - like an infantry platoon in battle and the Lt. gets killed.

Watch OSU - everybody's saying UMs suspension happened at an easy part of their schedule - but they may have a little stretch where the acting HC, busy with everything else it takes to be a HC, may need to tune up the team, you hope he isn't too busy to notice when that is.

Venice has a few transfers playing in that system the first time, including their Q (HT says he threw the ball very well). Vero is probably one of the better teams they play; (44- game regular season win streak). Don;t write Venice off just yet, they will be a force in the Sun Coast, like usual.

Silver, I recall a similar explanation giving by infamous poster after Manatee defeated STA in the state semi-finals. That was after all.............. a STA loaded with at least 2-3 players that eventually made it to the NFL and several more that moved on to play D-1 ball. Their star TB couldn't play, but was replaced by a player that went on to play at Wisconsin next year and rush for 1000 yards and of course they were missing a coach that had everything to do with STA not playing well offensively........... according to our infamous poster anyways.

I didnt say Venice sucked, I just gave opinion about what I saw on the field of play. I was actually very surprised by Vero Beach, giving the results of the game they played and lost the week before.

Go Canes Go!

Trelle, what fouls did you disagree with that the officials called in the game?

I don't know anything about Vero, other than that regular season win streak that was pretty impressive unless they play schools for the deaf and blind.

Like a holding call here and there little things like that I’ll have to go thru the film again when I get a chance and mark down the plays exactly, I’m at work on night shift (oilfield) so I was in and out of watching the game.

During the streak we’ve played some decent teams some more than once Pahokee, Palm Bay, Palm Beach Gardens, Treasure Coast, Ridge Community, Lincoln, Dr Krop, Sebastian River, Ft Pierce Central, Oscar Smith (VA) and now Venice.

A win over Venice is always a great win.

I just noticed that Braden River, whose coach is also out on a suspension for the first 3 games, also happened to lose yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trelle
Braden River lost to Trinity Christian in a very competitive game at Trinity's place in Jacksonville 27-22. Vero Beach thumped Venice 42-20 after traveling across the state to play at Venice home field Vero Beach lost their pre-season kickoff classic at home while Trinity traveled to play Booker T Washington and tied. Are you saying since you keep pushing the lack of regular coaches at the game directly contributed to both teams losses, that you agree with Canes0177, that STA lost because it didn't have a complete coaching staff for the semi-final game against Manatee, directly contributed to their loss that night?

Go Canes Go!

Nice try gatorman, putting words in my mouth. No, just pointing out the irony.

You offend me that you'd suggest I agree with anything Canes0177.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT