ADVERTISEMENT

Venice

Broward nut job. Your wrong on several things. It’s not a half hour. Part of Lemon Bay is actually Sarasota County. I think he transferred because he saw all the STA transfers. Are you still doing stats?

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Broward nut job. Your wrong on several things. It’s not a half hour. Part of Lemon Bay is actually Sarasota County. I think he transferred because he saw all the STA transfers. Are you still doing stats?

images
Sorry if my questions presented me as a nut job..Just a simple question of curiosity.. I understand that you would never ask such questions related in nature about (ahumm) other schools. The minute I ask such a question I guess I'm the big bad wolf... No need to get so defensive. I apologize for the confusion.
I simply thought Lemon Bay High School (Englewood, FL) was in Charlotte County unlike Venice which is in Sarasota County. I just thought it was interesting that a Senior QB from a neighboring High School transferred to Venice High School which is in a neighboring county coming off the first season his team had one Disticts in a while. I wonder what randomly persuaded him to leave for his Senior year.

As to STA...I am not aware of very many STA transfers at the moment. Feel free to advise.

I am still doing stats. Stats on how simple it is to put individuals in psychological defense mode.

Last edited:
One foot could be in Venice one foot could be in Lemonbay. Not sure ask him on Twitter what made him decide to make the move.

Venice is a city in Sarasota County. Can you do a stat on the number of senior players that played varsity football at sta last year that were at STA as freshmen.

One foot could be in Venice one foot could be in Lemonbay. Not sure ask him on Twitter what made him decide to make the move.
You sure you are "Not sure"?

I'll leave the Twitter talk for Venice to deal with....They seem to prefer and have mastered that form of communication. Seems to be clockwork this time of year if you know what I mean ;)

Venice is a city in Sarasota County. Can you do a stat on the number of senior players that played varsity football at sta last year that were at STA as freshmen.

The STA Varsity and JV roster is so huge and it would hard to get a credible source beyond Maxpreps and Hudl. Believe it or not I have no more information on STA then you or anyone else on here. If I present something, I generally intend on being able to back it up. If I ever have the ability to get and present that information, I will provide it.

Venice was going to compete either way for the district title with BR. This now gives them a better chance with Palmetto being the dark horse lock solid third team that has "potential" to upset one of the two. However VHS/BR will go 1-2 again and PHS will make another 2nd round maybe 3rd run as last year's seeding shows that 3rd spot isnt a bad place to be in that district/region and once again BR/VHS will be in the state semi's

How can you be a reliable stat boy and not have basic stats on the roster and what kids were recruited and what kids came in their own?

A LB, probably the "best" at his position, but it wasn't like we were the 85 Bears there.

So not a "game changer" type kid? I know you guys struggled last year but didnt get to see you play so I dont know how big/talented you were at that position. Also, any reason he left other than the typical transfer bandwagon reason.

All you need to know about last year was we weren't big, fast or talented across the board. And it was the first year in a decade we didn't have a D-1 running back (From Bellamy to Maleek Williams). PC had way, way more talent than we did - they somehow even played Venice pretty tough in that pre-season scrimmage. I think they thought this was one of their best ever teams - they had the 19 year old DT (USF) who got the FHSAA waiver to play.

We had three or four pretty good kids, all coming back. My favorite LB was a soph, not even a starter, but the best nose for the ball. Played enough to be All Area and I'm looking forward to watching him this coming year.

I guess the kid who left is exercising his statutory (grass is greener) right to play wherever, and hoping the Indians repeat as state champs. We don't lose many kids, and its best for everybody if a kid doesn't want to be there.

Macho, if that were the case we'd be pumping him up over on Eye in the Sky!

Dont think Venice repeats but I'll say it again someone out of that district will be in the semi-finals again. All 3 will make the Playoffs VHS/River/PHS. I think this year has a better chance for a 2nd and 3rd round rematch of district opponents as I think Palmetto being the 3rd team in the district will make the 3rd round of the playoffs playing the round 2 winner of Venice/River. At the end of the day St Thomas was young and I would expect them to come out of the south after a down year. You guys at CHARLOTTE have a heck of a LT im told by some local coaches

Yeah he's a beast. Not the biggest we've had, or longest reach, but one of the top 3 or 4 I've seen at Charlotte and I played on an O-line that had one of the FHAA's 100 Best of the First 100 years who was an All-American at UF and 3 Superbowls, and our LT who was a small college All-American.

He approaches O-line play with the attitude of a really good D-lineman; spit on the carpet, type.

Probably play OG in College. What I love is he'll get way downfield too. Didn't have as many opportunities last year, but when we had those two great backs he sprung a couple TDs 15-20 yards deep in the secondary by getting across the field.

I heard Venice just picked up Charlottes best defensive player??? Silver is this true?

You're funny....You "heard" with "???"
Yes. Another Senior from another County. I guess 45 minute to 1 hour drive back and forth every day is justified when you are playing for a State Championship team, right?

I know you guys enjoy the verbal sparring, but someone told me the kid's mom has a place in Sarasota Co. Trust me, this is not a transfer of the caliber of making or breaking either team.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Hearing upwards of 12 kids from the surrounding HS's have transferred into Venice. Is this true? If so, that state title is shining bright attracting talent

I think the count is at 17 bunch of out of state kids from what I’m hearing. 6’6 DL from West Virginia. Receiver with multiple offers from Ohio. Then of coarse the stud QB and brother along with Charlotte LB and North Port RB and school choice is coming up too. They also got a monster DT from Mater Dei in California.

I think the count is at 17 bunch of out of state kids from what I’m hearing. 6’6 DL from West Virginia. Receiver with multiple offers from Ohio. Then of coarse the stud QB and brother along with Charlotte LB and North Port RB and school choice is coming up too. They also got a monster DT from Mater Dei in California.[/QUO

those are all comical jokes

I heard BRHS was having illegal practices (23) filmed. Wonder what the punishment will be? I also heard Sarasota has been filmed cheating as well, but those films will be turned in later. Isn’t the sarasota coach from BRHS?

What do you mean illegal practices? And who is filming these practices their coaches? Like real practice and film sessions... Also, can this be verified for state intervention? Lot's of rumors get started but if this is the case and as you say its been "video" captured why isn't HT Preps or that Bradenton paper running this? Lots of questions hopefully answers to come

Well that is interesting. Hard to deny it if its on tape. What are the next steps? Is River aware of this? Any implications?

Think they are aware. I guess they are reporting the infractions. Not sure what the state has handed down as a punishment yet. If it’s a fine other schools should practice and just be ready to pay the fine

will this be in the local mullet wrapper HT or the Bradenton one? This seems like a big deal and a story they are misssing out on.

Does anybody have an issue with the idea that minors were being filmed without consent by an adult, while at their own highschool? Wonder if Venice had any involvement in it? Hopefully the FHSAA asks how this tape was aquired.

Really suspect if you ask me

Flarda 18- welcome to the board. I think you are missing the point of this. The issue is that coach Bradley and his coaches knowingly broke the rules. It truly is not the kids fault, I’m sure most kids would do whatever their coaches asked of them. I’m sure coach Bradley is a good person, but let’s not sway from the issue. Braden River was caught. Coach Bradley should be reprimanded for this and he should be a man about it and stop trying to blame others or point the finger. Accept what you did was wrong, learn from it and move on. The worst part of the whole thing is the message he has sent to his team is it’s ok to cheat to get ahead. He needs to take responsibility for it and move on.

How do you know an adult filmed them? Just curious, since I haven’t seen any information released on it.

I believe in my post I said "the idea". It was meant to imply I was speculating. I do think if it was an adult unaffiliated with the school going on campus and filming kids, that in itself needs to be addressed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT