ADVERTISEMENT

Venice at Phs

SotaCoach2

Oct 23, 2017
Sarasota county reigns supreme again as Venice beats Phs has already beat River (with the ineligible guy plus curts recruits from southeast and others from Sota) and then will finish with a clean sweep in beating manatee next week... any doubters that V-town doesnt leave Manatee Co. district champs?

Too bad CM Q got hurt otherwise we would have champs in 8A 7A and 4A (and booker is closing the gap!)

If any team can mess the season up it will be Palmetto. Venice has had huge success in Sarasota county and in the past few years have done the same in Manatee county (besides IMG).
Palmetto from what I have heard played BR very close until the end and gave it away.
Venice should come away with both wins but in this day and age of teenagers and whatever else this game at Palmetto could be closer than one might think.
As for Manatee they are so up and down I would give the edge to Venice. This game at Venice also helps.

So as it sits since 2007 Venice has not lost to a Sarasota county team. Booker was the last to do it.
6 straight wins for Venice vs Palmetto.
Back to back wins for Venice vs Manatee.

Sarasota county reigns supreme again as Venice beats Phs has already beat River (with the ineligible guy plus curts recruits from southeast and others from Sota) and then will finish with a clean sweep in beating manatee next week... any doubters that V-town doesnt leave Manatee Co. district champs?

Too bad CM Q got hurt otherwise we would have champs in 8A 7A and 4A (and booker is closing the gap!)

No transfers at Venice, huh? Funny.

Should be a good game vs Palmetto. I think they could give Venice some problems. They are pretty dang good in the trenches, usually where Venice dominates.

I think Venice beats Venice and Manatee in close games. I give the edge to Venice due to coaching. Both games should be good.

This game will be closer than expected by most. Some things that you cant control are going to be the difference tonight.

Palmetto was up 14-0 first quarter. The first few plays had 3 turnovers. I think Venice turned the ball over 3 times total.
Palmetto had penalties and some missed opportunities during the night.

Difference was Palmetto couldn't stop the run.

Hard to tally from the Herald-Tribune, especially since they make you try and pay for reading on line, but which county; Manatee, or Sarasota, leads (Choosing words carefully here); in fudging FHSAA rules?

Hard to tally from the Herald-Tribune, especially since they make you try and pay for reading on line, but which county; Manatee, or Sarasota, leads (Choosing words carefully here); in fudging FHSAA rules?

You know it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask permission, right?;)

Does Manatee get in with a win vs Venice?

Does Palmetto get in with a win -vs- Charlotte?

Booker with a win Friday?

The top 2 would be 53 pt wins for those clubs

SotaCoach, That seems like a lot of points, how does that work?

Charlotte's a 6A school, Palmetto 7A, does playing up or down in classification count? Is it because Charlotte's a District Champ? I havent read how it works, just people's interpretations, and that's been right about 50%.

I see references to Level 1 schools - is that a classification thing; win/loss thing; or based on previous or current district champions?

Also rumor Binks isnt going to play Q or stud OL - a sota guy i know that coaches at PHS said they heard that

Not sure, but I'd rather have those two in the playoffs. It would also be great big-game experience for the backup who just missed a post pattern against PC or we would have been right there in the first half.

So back to the points what does Charlotte pull if they beat Palmetto?

I crunched some numbers this weekend. Booker pretty solid at the #5 spot, even with a loss to Cardinal Mooney. Should face St. Pete Lakewood in the first round.

Not sure, but I'd rather have those two in the playoffs. It would also be great big-game experience for the backup who just missed a post pattern against PC or we would have been right there in the first half.

So back to the points what does Charlotte pull if they beat Palmetto?

A Charlotte win should net 53 points.
50 for the win and 3 bonus points for playing a team that made the playoffs last year. You would get the 3 points regardless of a win or loss. A loss would net 38 points I believe.

I don't think they passed the playing up classification to add points.

Venice wins at Home
Palmetto will be fighting to get in so extra motivation to pull out a win at Charlotte. If Charlotte can run the ball they will win.

Regardless of the outcome of Manatee's game with Venice Friday night, Manatee is in the playoffs as a 7th seed, as Riverview and Dr Phillips as District Champs would move ahead of Manatee moving them from the 5th seed to 7th seed. My calculations have them going to Kissimmee Osceola...............having watched Kissimmee against Jesuit, I don't believe Manatee chances of moving past the 1st round are real good as a 7th seed.

If Manatee were to pull off the huge upset of beating Venice Friday night, my calculations have them moving past both Centennial and Treasure Coast and then into the 5th seed position which would then improve Manatee chances of moving into the 2nd round of the playoffs......that's not likely in the cards because beating Venice just doesn't seem possible. I see the Manatee HBC keeping some of his not 100% kids out of the Venice game, because he's probably figured like I did, he's in the playoffs regardless

Go Canes Go!

Regardless of the outcome of Manatee's game with Venice Friday night, Manatee is in the playoffs as a 7th seed, as Riverview and Dr Phillips as District Champs would move ahead of Manatee moving them from the 5th seed to 7th seed. My calculations have them going to Kissimmee Osceola...............having watched Kissimmee against Jesuit, I don't believe Manatee chances of moving past the 1st round are real good as a 7th seed.

If Manatee were to pull off the huge upset of beating Venice Friday night, my calculations have them moving past both Centennial and Treasure Coast and then into the 5th seed position which would then improve Manatee chances of moving into the 2nd round of the playoffs......that's not likely in the cards because beating Venice just doesn't seem possible. I see the Manatee HBC keeping some of his not 100% kids out of the Venice game, because he's probably figured like I did, he's in the playoffs regardless

Go Canes Go!

If he sits some of the kids you figure he is conceding the win? I cant imagine Manatee being able to upset Venice without all of the players. Stranger things have happened.
I also cant remember a time when Venice was a favorite to beat Manatee as much as recent years. Times have changed. I also cant see Manatee faithful being able to support the HBC if they don't get out of the first round. They are used to more than just making the playoffs.

Latest standings show Palmetto on the outside looking in. Win at Charlotte and they could sneak in.

In 6A-10 its

Charlotte 41.67
Baron Collier 40.89 (lost to Naples)
Naples 40.67
Ft Myers 39.44
Largo 39.22
North Ft Myers 38.89
Lehigh 37.88
Clearwater 37.78

Peezy - Clearwater is sitting on the hinge, hope they win so you can visit.

If he sits some of the kids you figure he is conceding the win? I cant imagine Manatee being able to upset Venice without all of the players. Stranger things have happened.
I also cant remember a time when Venice was a favorite to beat Manatee as much as recent years. Times have changed. I also cant see Manatee faithful being able to support the HBC if they don't get out of the first round. They are used to more than just making the playoffs.
The Loss to Sarasota Riverview or at least being there in person and seeing everything the camera cant catch, said everything I needed to know about Manatee's chances postseason wise moving forward this year and next. The HBC has the JV and freshman teams playing better ball at least from the standpoint of where Booth had things, but the varsity product is a huge disappointment for the kind of talent Manatee has this season. I think the HBC gets next season and if he cant produce something better than a 1st round exit next year, he'll be gone.......is my guess.

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT