ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 6 TD' favorite over Manatee

twc2499

Oct 28, 2006
Sports writer Dennis Maffezzoli of the Herald Tribune has predicted Venice to beat Manatee Friday night 56-14. Go to Htpreps.com to read article. It is the Heralds game of the week prediction. He must know something everybody else doesn't know?

Maybe he doesn't know anything.

http://preps.heraldtribune.com/2014/11/06/game-week-10/
This post was edited on 11/6 10:05 PM by MustangMom

I know Dennis is not very knowledgeable in the sport of football, but that is just ridiculous. He needs to stick with swimming and golf.

Either Dennis does not like Venice so he provided Manatee with bulletin board material or he is a total a$$ wipe.

Unless he had a typo and the Herald has no social media presence this has got to be the funniest thing ever.

If I was coach Booth I would tape a sheet of paper on the back of every seat on the buses with the 56-14 score on it and tell them this is what they think of us down there.

If a prediction like that won't get you up for a game I don't know what will.
Also, I will go with Pinko's prediction of Manatee by 7 as his knowledge of Florida football shows with his 81% correct record. Doesn't assure a win, but is certainly more reasonable.

This post was edited on 11/7 1:28 PM by FLHSFootballFan

Originally posted by Keepingitrealinsrq:
Either Dennis does not like Venice so he provided Manatee with bulletin board material or he is a total a$$ wipe.
You know, I actually wondered if that was what was going on. He may be tired of hearing the talk or something.

Maybe it was an attempt to boost attendance to help pay for the rented bleachers.

Well it is definitely not going to be a 6 score game on either side. I wish both teams good luck and hope everyone stays injury free. I will be at the Sarasota Riverview game. Winner will have a little better feeling headed in to the off-season

Originally posted by Keepingitrealinsrq:
Well it is definitely not going to be a 6 score game on either side. I wish both teams good luck and hope everyone stays injury free. I will be at the Sarasota Riverview game. Winner will have a little better feeling headed in to the off-season
You just confirmed what I told my brother. The attendance might not be as high as Venice would like because of the Sarasota/Riverview rivalry is going to siphon off some of the audience. I'm not sure how much, but it will affect the attendance. I hope there aren't any injuries as well for both sides. Enjoy the Sailor/Ram game tonight.

Dennis is a great writer - I used to write for the H-T and they have some editors that make the Village idiot look intelligent at times. Probably some mutton headed editor banging out the typo.

Originally posted by Silver King :
Dennis is a great writer - I used to write for the H-T and they have some editors that make the Village idiot look intelligent at times. Probably some mutton headed editor banging out the ty

Wasn't even a Typo

From this twitter account

"User Actions

FollowingDennis Maffezzoli[/B]‏@maffsports
10-2 on the picks Friday. Failed miserably on @htpreps"

Then it had to be for shock value...Then again maybe he was at Happy Hour...

This post was edited on 11/8 12:08 PM by Silver King

Quite. a few Venice fans seem to think it was done to fire up Manatee players. If so, well done.

Peacock should have written an article in the ole Oarsman to get his players fired up!! Thats just poor coaching to not have a reporter get your kids fired up for a big game. God knows Manatee needed the huge advantage that prediction gave them.

Haha, I didn't say I thought that. But I was hearing talk last that last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT