ADVERTISEMENT

UHS Titans 34 Deland 20

UHSTitan

Apr 25, 2015
Orange City
Not as close as the final score shows. We committed a bunch of dumb penalties to keep 2 scoring drives alive. Just gonna throw this out there but we had the worst officiating crew I've seen in years! Regardless, we need to fix those things before we get rolling. Got Deltona week 1, final dress rehearsal is over now we start for real!!

UHSTitan, what was going on with the officiating that you had problems with?

Let's see....called pass interference with no contact and ball thrown 10 yards out of bounds, Lo gets tackled then rolls and a player spears him with no call, called false start when our OL went from 2point stance and snapped to 3point, similar to Apopka, NT hits our C and then said false snap, constant jumping by WR but was told "that's allowed cause he's off the ball" however our guy did it once and we got flagged, opposing team had a kid whose helmet came off and was not told to leave for a play......oh and the best one was their last TD, kid catches ball spins with ball in left arm our DB pushes him out at the 1 and he drops the ball while kicking the pylon with his right foot and they gave them the TD.....I could go on but you get the point. They also missed a ton of stuff off the ball on both sides. Overall not the best crew and I hope we don't see them again!

UHSTitan, remember that Deland does not use the A-1 Officials Association for their home games. I look forward to the day that University gets to play home games at it's school, and thank you for the information.

Yeah Jambun, we discussed that at our meeting this morning. I get it's pre season and mistakes will be made, however this was just overall bad. We also welcome the day we can actually play home games!! We only have 2 "home" games this year, both at Pine Ridge High.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT