ADVERTISEMENT

Steely Dan's Donald Fagan arrested - damn...

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Shoved his wife - charged with assault. The best remark under the story echoes SKs sentiments:

"FINALLY we have a news item about a celebrity musician whom all the over-40 Jezzies can make/recognize lyrics puns for. “And when you smile for the camera [in your mug shot], I know they’re gonna love it” etc.

Also, goddamnit. :( I adore Steely Dan. Wtf, Fagen?"

Thanks Choc, but laying hands on a wife/GF isn't the trait of an enlightened singer / song writer. Fagan's at the end of his career, but remember when Jackson Brown allegedly slapped around Darrell Hannah in the 90s? He nose dived for quite a while.

This is unfortunate. Steely Dan is part of an overall style of songs that I call Grocery Store Music, but that's actually the kind of stuff I like.

If that's grocery store music, I want to start shopping at your grocery store. How about Kid Charlamagne? That's a song about a guy named Owsley Stanley a legendary producer of LSD

Just by chance you crossed the diamond with the pearl
You turned it on the world. That's when you turned the world around
Did you feel like Jesus - Did you realize that you were a champion in their eyes...

I wonder if we will learn in the future that all the "head banging" has caused CTE in rockers also. It could explain all the suicides. Of course, the drug use is a major factor.

Mostly, I think this instance is an example of someone who was once famous and still trying to recapture that. It makes their life so miserable that they lash out at others.

Sometimes it pays not to ever be famous!

I don't think I've heard Kid Charlamagne at a grocery store or fast food place before. But otherwise, I often recall hearing a lot of these kind of songs at Kash 'n' Karry, Sweetbay, and the Burger King I worked part time at in West Bradenton during high school.

Then Bradenton is a lot cooler town than I thought, but it's West Bradenton - beach town. 103.5 FM up that way used to play a ton of Steely Dan in the 80s and 90s before it became country. That's when Tom Stimus ruled the Tampa used car business.

SK,
I read somewhere that they reconciled and the charges are being dropped.

Then Bradenton is a lot cooler town than I thought, but it's West Bradenton - beach town. 103.5 FM up that way used to play a ton of Steely Dan in the 80s and 90s before it became country. That's when Tom Stimus ruled the Tampa used car business.

Retail marketers tend to gear their instore music to the tastes of their target demographic, that group with money, still young enough to spend it. Therefor, Ft Myers grocery stores are still playing Gerry and the Pacemakers, no pun intended. Local 3a schools had no comment concerning the situation other than to inquire if the 6'8", 320 bag boy at Bravo had any eligibility left.

NOW, its POY worthy, by God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
Tom Stimus #1 In the World out of Bradenton Fla. His big thing was Conversion Vans. At least he wasn't Huuuugge!!!!!!!

Doing well,you? Great flash from the past with Stimus and Dusty. Great season for the Tarps last year. Looks like a bit of a rebuild this year instead of a reload. What's your read?

Think we'll be pretty competitive, North Fort Myers will be tough. Hicks will be a very athletic QB, and he can throw. Hopefully they change the offense a little for him. Maleek will be even more exciting to watch than Mack was; not as physical a runner (haven't seen many who were) as Mack, but better moves, explosion and speed. This should have been a better year but just like Ft Myers didn't show up, up here and we pasted them, and then they played Naples tough, we just didn't show up, down there and got pasted. We also need to start finding some linemen for a change, we haven't had an issue finding skills...I believe Offensive linemen are the hardest positions to fill on a team.

Last edited:
OL for sure the hardest thing to find, usually seems to be an abundance of skill players available for Charlotte.In general I would say line play on both sides, while they have had some good ones, have impeded real deep runs into the playoffs. Have a hard time matching up with the powerhouses in that area of play. They have had skill players good enough to win state championships,in my opinion.
Don't know if I have ever seen a Tarpon team with the overall speed that the 2015 team had.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT