ADVERTISEMENT

LAKELAND 44 CLEARWATER ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL 6

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
Beautiful night at Bryant Stadium in Lakeland last Friday night for the CAI Knights @ Lakeland Dreadnaughts. It was obviously a dreadful night(see what I did there?) for CAI. They constantly shot themselves in the foot. Costly penalities, turnovers almost on the next play after causing a turnover, giving up a big play after putting Lakeland behind the sticks, etc. The worst mistake was multiple penalties called against a young CAI assistant who got so incensed at a Lakeland player who had committed a personal foul. The Dreadnaught hit a CAI player twice after the CAI player was on the ground. The coach started to run onto the field with the intention of confronting the Lakeland player who just happened to be Cormani McClain. The CAI coaches fortunately stopped the assistant. If they didn’t you would have seen a report on your 11 o’clock news..

Lakeland was clearly the superior team. I know, a bold statement considering the score. They have the usual speedy backs that find the crease then take off like streaks. The defense was smothering. After a few stops, a Lakeland fan was yelling that the Dreadnaughts “have the best DB’s in the world!”. I may give him the state of Florida for high school. He did not yell as much after CAI finally completed a 65 yard pass for their only TD of the night.

Lakeland does have the #1 DB in state who is also considered the #1 player in Florida, the before mentioned Cormani McClain. He is going to commit Thursday. The Gators are the heavy favorite to snag him. He is a very talented player who plays and runs his mouth with arrogance. McClain actually plays a little too casual for me. He was beat deep 3 times. Two were overthrown and one was under thrown. Of course he knocked the under thrown ball away.

It must be said. I wore some FSU clothing to the game so I was playfully harassed by some Gator fans as soon as I walked in. They stated they were concerned about CAI’s QB. Their concern was not warranted. His first pass was a wounded duck thrown directly to an appreciative Lakeland player. The CAI QB missed open receivers most of the game.

I left before the game was over for the second week in a row. I got burned by that last week but there was no concern this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorman001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT