ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice

here is an example of Polk County officials
let's just say they have no problem favoring the home team

ask Billy about the Ft. Meade game from last fall

Choctaw:

[QUOTE4.1.6 Prohibited Contests 4.1.6.1 Practice games, exhibition games, non-contract games and scrimmage games with other schools, groups, alumni or league teams are strictly prohibited. All such games or sessions shall be on an intra-squad basis. Non-squad members may not participate in any team practice, game or contest. 4.1.6.2 Games, tournaments or meets with schools in sports that are not sanctioned by or recognized by an NFHS member association or an Affiliate NFHS member association are prohibited.][/QUOTE]

The exception, as others have stated on this thread, is for officiating clinics, such as the ones happening tomorrow throughout Hillsborough County. Hopefully this helped, unless you were just fishing! ;)

I am just an Ole Miss fan that has retired here in Florida. I have been reading this board for a long time now. So I have heard all the allegations about Armwood over the years. I even remember them having to give up a "state championship" one year.

Ole Miss may have a skeleton or two in there closet as well. Although I really like Freeze and one of his former assistants is a great person, Tom Allen. Oh, he used to be an assistant at....Armwood. Yeah!

We have skeletons in the closet, in the ground and all over town. Was he coaching there before, during or after the allegations. I would hate to be presumptive and opine my thoughts on Coach Allen w/o more info. Yeah!

The best is the small organization near Chipley, FL. The kids could hit each other with lead pipes and they ain't calling nothing. That group lets the kids play football.

Bartow Billy, there is a lot more that you can tell me. For instance, you could provide me some examples instead of just claiming that the officials "make bad calls."

Reactions: Larry CuIpepper
all good, how did the scrimmage go today @ King?

We won both our scrimmages, but way too many penalties and mistakes. We'll get it cleaned up. My WR's had 2 scores, but better than that to me was a WR pancake block. Oh yeah!

We played Freedom and King. Wharton was there but we didn't scrimmage them because we play them this week in the jamboree.

Soggy Bottom Boy, who is doing the complaining, and if the complainers know what he-she are talking about makes a big difference I can assure you.

Bartow Billy, there is a lot more that you can tell me. For instance, you could provide me some examples instead of just claiming that the officials "make bad calls."

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The calls they make are bad. Hope that clears it up.

No one said you did...

All they guy was asking you to do was back up your claim...

It appears as though you can't...

It's not a plot or scheme I devised...

It's just my observation from reading this thread...

Does that work for you my strong minded friend...

4A 8 Fan, thank you very much. If this man who has been coaching for 31 years cannot provide a single example of what he claims, it says something about some of the people leading young men these days.

Bartow Billy, I am guessing, but I think I might have a pretty good idea of what type of coach you might be. Let me guess, it is always the officials who screw your team out of, and cost your team victories. You probably are the type of coach who most officials dread seeing when they have to officiate your team. Of course, these officials know that will be working double-time, because not only will they be officiating the game, they will have to explain every single call made against your team, since they are "screwing you." I am well aware of this type of coach, and I would love to see you take a rules test to see how much you actually know about these "bad calls" that these officials allegedly make.

Bartow Billy, I am guessing, but I think I might have a pretty good idea of what type of coach you might be. Let me guess, it is always the officials who screw your team out of, and cost your team victories. You probably are the type of coach who most officials dread seeing when they have to officiate your team. Of course, these officials know that will be working double-time, because not only will they be officiating the game, they will have to explain every single call made against your team, since they are "screwing you." I am well aware of this type of coach, and I would love to see you take a rules test to see how much you actually know about these "bad calls" that these officials allegedly make.

I know Billy don't need no help, but I'll step up anyway.

You're wrong. Again. Bartow Billy got rings, son. He knows when it's booshwar officiating and when it's on.

Here's how the exchange would go if he did give you examples, cause this is what you always say,
"In that case it would have been the wrong call and that official should have called (so n so) He probably saw (so n so) and assumed that player A was going to (so n so) player B. Officials are human, after all."

Been here, done this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT