ADVERTISEMENT

Silver King, I believe that I owe you an apology.

jambun82

Jul 13, 2011
This message is for Silver King. I have been very much enjoying the discussion between Neutral Observer, Gatorman001, and a few others. I agree with most of what is being proclaimed by these posters, and I have been looking forward to reading more material everyday. These posts are political in nature, and I realized that if I can read these kinds of posts on this High School Football message board, I should be able to tolerate political posts that I do not agree with. Silver King, you had posted several negative posts about then-Governor, now-Senator Rick Scott. I have voted for Scott three times, and I plan on voting for him if he runs for Senator again in 2024. However, I should not have reacted in a negative way to and complained that Silver King was stating his political view on this message board. Silver King, while I don't agree with you, I am sorry for that. I hope that you will accept my apology, and I hope that you and your family are doing well.

Last edited:
SK is not quite sure how to respond to this - but before he posts "And they're off" on hisself, he will just be a gentlemen and accept your apology with the caveat (in the spirit of understanding) you do a little research on what Scott did for the Phosphate and Sugar (against the will of the voters) industries while in office. SK is worried that by the time he runs again in 2024, we may all be on Reverse Osmosis plants for our drinking water.

This is America you don't have to be sorry for disagreeing!

Reactions: peezy28
SK is not quite sure how to respond to this - but before he posts "And they're off" on hisself, he will just be a gentlemen and accept your apology with the caveat (in the spirit of understanding) you do a little research on what Scott did for the Phosphate and Sugar (against the will of the voters) industries while in office. SK is worried that by the time he runs again in 2024, we may all be on Reverse Osmosis plants for our drinking water.

SK, since I know you follow that issue close to chest as it affects your home and livelyhood would you say Ron has done anything good or bad to cause change to the issue since being in office?

Peezy, as a Floridian it effects your home and livelihood as well my brother.

As an Independent, I view Gov. DeSantis as light years better than Scott. Even if he didn't do anything else for the environment for the next 8 years.

An Janbun, we agreed to disagree, but you couldn't have found much of a worse governor for our environment than Scott. He didn't even try and hide it: That sleazy crap he pulled with his appointees on SFWMD when less than 48 hours after the election, breaking his promise, they extended the leases to Big Sugar that were set to expire.

DeSantis, just by asking for the resignation of the SFWMD Board members (after that - who acted on behalf of industry) and the budget committing resources to the Lake O runoff issue, did more in a few months than Scott in 8 years.

Even Democratic friends of mine say they like his approach so far on Clean Water. Of course, political compromise is pushing him towards acknowledging the politicized issue of Global Warming - we will be out of usable clean water long before sea rise gets us.

Which gives SK a segue to educate my brethren on here:

Perfect? No, he's still avoiding phosphate strip-mining and MOSAIC who holds enough power and elected officials to be able to use six Florida Rivers: Hillsborough, Alafia, Manatee, Little Manatee, Mayakka, and my Peace River, as their own personal sewer pipe for sending their "blended" toxic waste into the Gulf of Mexico.

If you drink or cook with Florida's water, bath in it, or fish/recreate on it, this should concern every single one of you. Because the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Florida Dept Environmental Protection (FDEP) aren't really watching out for you. How does it work? Just like Scott showed with that little trick and the SFWMD Board: Industry buys Politicians; Politicians fill Boards and hire Agency Heads; Boards and Agency Heads make make sure Industry's wishes get carried out. (Cue Sonny and Cher: The Beat Goes On)

Did you know in 2016 250 Million Gallons of their radioactive, toxic Phosphate waste water drained directly into the Florida Aquifer at Mulberry? You may not have, but you damn sure have been drinking, cooking and washing in it. There are some health studies coming that if they see the light of day will be staggering with Cancer clusters around phosphate mining.

MOSAIC negotiated a $1.8 Billion settlement (Bribe) with EPA. So EPA isn't protecting us or they would have shut them down long ago. Thirty Phosphate spills since 1935 on my Peace River. Two that I witnessed 1967 and 1971 killed 90% of the Fish in the 106 mile long Peace River - that's not from me, but from a Florida Biologist who studied the destruction for the state.

Last edited:
Trust I know it affects me man I was more so referring to your house on the River as being even more close proximity. Yeah I was aware of the Mulberry incident. I remember it when it happened it was covered daily on the news but something frivolous like a Kardashian changing their sex probably happened a few days later and wiped it from the news cycle. I don't remember how the issue was dealt with and resolved (it wasn't) because they stopped showing it on the news. Its probably still leaking till this day.

Silver King, I am also familiar with Rick Scott's record on the environment during his eight years. Specifically John Miklos. I wanted to reach out to you because I felt bad about enjoying the current political dialogue on this message board while criticizing you having your say on these type of issues. I knew that I had to correct myself. I am going to continue to support Rick Scott, because to me, the positives that he accomplished as Governor outweigh this specific concern.

Folks, jambun82 have apologized and Silver King have not only accepted, but posted a music video link on top. You saw it right here.

And just to clarify things, these dudes weren't arguin football, they got into it over water management issues.

This type stuff don't never get solved unless the Moderator really know his chit. This is why Rivals pay peezy the big $$$. Maybe peezy activated some that loa isht on this one.

You hafta be sorry if you're a Conservative! Because it's the DIMMS way or the HIGHWAY! The quinetssential double standard in America!

Hey, no problems. The current administration is dismantling the EPA so you won't know in the future if you're being poisoned or not! Kind of like those people in Russia who didn't know that they were bathed in radiation after that explosion last week!

Everybody thinks rules and regulations are bad. Not necessarily. You need go rules and proper administration of those rules to keep people safe.

Actually since the new administration has stepped in we’ve had more regulations and restrictions set in place to help the environment in my industry of oil and gas. I’m a frac supervisor, one of the supposedly worst industries destroying the environment and water in America (total BS) and I can tell you the last 2 years especially billions of dollars have been spent trying to modify equipment, create new solutions and innovations to become greener and more environmentally friendly. It’s all on what channel you watch the news and how you perceive it. I can also say murders and deaths spiked under democratic leadership as they helped make it easier to and empowered the thought process behind abortions, see what I mean?

Last edited:
Thank you for your post and information Trelle. It interesting when you don't watch CNN, MSNBC, Steven Colbert, or the Daily Show, what you can learn and appreciate about what is really occurring in our country.

Reactions: Trelle
Thank you for your post and information Trelle. It interesting when you don't watch CNN, MSNBC, Steven Colbert, or the Daily Show, what you can learn and appreciate about what is really occurring in our country.

I myself am a Republican but I don’t watch any major news networks for the most part. I watch my local news that’s non biased about my local happenings and touches on national topics but everything you mentioned above plus Republican pushed Fox News is so biased the truths get buried pretty quick.

Oh, I don't watch much of Fox News anymore either. Not since the network fired Bill O'Reilly. I don't care for their the GOP never does anything wrong point-of-view myself.

Reactions: Trelle
Hey, no problems. The current administration is dismantling the EPA so you won't know in the future if you're being poisoned or not! Kind of like those people in Russia who didn't know that they were bathed in radiation after that explosion last week!

Stop drinking the Koolaid Choc - the EPA isn't doing a damn thing for the people, they're in place to protect the special interst who grease the politicians.

What did the EPA do during the 8-years of the so called "environmentally friendly "Obama Presidency which were the worst in regards to water in Florida's history? MOSAIC spilled 215 Million gallons of radioactive and heavy metal toxic waste into the Florida's aquifer when a gyp stack drained down a sinkhole in Mulberry- you, me and everybody else in this state have been drinking and bathing in it snce 2016. MOSAIC bribed EPA with a huge negotiated settlement, and continue to exand and fill gyp stacks. Plus they use 70 Million gallons a day (and can for the next 20 years because of EPA/FDEP permits) watering down toxic water so it will pass EPA levels to discharge down the six rivers from Bone Valley they use like a sewer line to the Gulf of Mexico (Hillsborough, Alafia, Manatee, Little Manatee, Mayakka and Peace Rivers).

The EPA is where the payoffs to presidential candidates, republican and democratic congressmen and women are paid back in the form of favors and industry friendly policy.

Sen Nelson 30 years of doing nothing (a guardian of sorts for Phosphate and Sugar industries) for our water, making promises as far back as Bill Clinton and when they had the numbers in congress. He was so bad, he got replaced by the worst water governor in Florida's history).

Fact check if you think EPA isn't part of the problem. Ever see an EPA Director get fired from the job? They're protected, because they protect those above them.

Me thinks rather than research the facts on anything that draws her interest, Choctaw's allowed herself to be instead programmed by shows like Morning Joe, which does nothing, but spew Democratic talking points.............aint nothing much you can do about someone with a bad case of TDS

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT