ADVERTISEMENT

Sarasota County

SotaCoach2

Oct 23, 2017
Mandarin 37
Riverview 31

St Thomas 44
Venice 41

Great run by all with the latter being defeated by a school that recruits as good as Alabama at times. No state titles for the 941 this year but some great competition with Manatee, B-R, Charlotte, Palmetto, Booker (surprising folks) and Mooney plus the 2 above regional champs. No need to hang heads that is just the way it falls for 2018. Our area proved its worth especially with Manatee/B-R/ and Palmetto winning AT higher seeds and the 2 big Sarasota county teams still playing. Biggest disappointment not seeing Mooney being able to compete at full strength.

Curious as to why you think Riverview falls this week........home field advantage????

I don't believe the Venice game is going to be close, for a number of reasons but the biggest is STA has every reason to be up emotionally compounded by the clear talent advantage it has..........just don't think its going to be pretty for the Indians Friday night.

Go Canes Go!

I think Riverview pulls it out in a close one. I really think they will get their first state title this year. In order for Venice to win this year they will need STA to commit some costly turnovers and capitalize off that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT