ADVERTISEMENT

Sad news from Manatee...

jgking83

Jun 4, 2007
Seeing on social media that long time radio host Dave Bristow passed away. Huge loss to the Hurricane family.

I've spent many Friday nights listening to him. He's been a link home for me the last 17 years as I've traveled around the world. Going to miss him calling the Manatee games. My heart goes out to his family and friends. This is a tough loss.

RIP. I loved his calls when I got to listen to the end of games or Venice Manatee.

I think it was you jgking that told me about his call when Bellamy broke that long run when he as a sophmore - and your two fastest DBs had the angle on him. He was the first to notice his speed.

Hard to find great radio callers who have been with a team for a lot of years.

I talked to him once on the phone, he called me to see if I had recorded the Charlotte game where Brion connected on a long pass to setup a game winning FG.......I'm sure Silver remembers the game, and then I met him for a playoff game at FT Myers went up to the booth before the game to talk to him and Eddie Mullock..(my Mom & Dad went to school with Eddie.....I also got to meet Wavebb as well at that game......... I'm sorry to hear about his passing, hard to believe this past Friday night will was the last time we'll hear Dave in the broadcast booth for Manatee.......... RIP Dave Bristow.

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: Wavebb
Sorry to hear that. The guy at Hardee has been there for over 10 or 12 years I think. No way comparing the two, but tuff to find callers that stay with teams these days, especially in HS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT