ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting, panhandling

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
See what Florida HS football is coming to, like we predicted? Now you got recruiters over here for another board, that's priceless.

"It's so great over there" That's why I'm over here begging you guys to come...

Very similar to when all those Texas and Cali posters that used to come here to argue how good their state was: They knew the proper place to come to state their case. They all had a long drive home.

The problem is we lost all the informed posters on this board or they are too busy doing other things to post.

Hey, I see Barron Collier is going up to play Port Charlotte. Your team, SK, is Charlotte, right? What do you know about Port Charlotte?

See what Florida HS football is coming to, like we predicted? Now you got recruiters over here for another board, that's priceless.

"It's so great over there" That's why I'm over here begging you guys to come...

Very similar to when all those Texas and Cali posters that used to come here to argue how good their state was: They knew the proper place to come to state their case. They all had a long drive home.
No one said you cant do both boards SK, I feel like it's good for high school football and competition is a good thing, Lot's of posters on both sites sharing valuable information from all over the state.

I'm on 3 different boards, no where did I say you had to leave this one or even encourage to give this one up, just offering another place to talk football at and since I noticed there are many posters who are on both boards seems simple to encourage more to do the same

Reactions: Silver King
What good is having the same people comment on several different sites? What's the difference? Do some allow you to say things that others don't?

I'm all for free will, but its like Yankees coming south and telling us the way they did it up north. Enjoy those sites, but no one has to make remarks about this sight being dead. When the season starts, this sight has some of the best football conversations anywhere, from a lot of people intimately involved with what they're discussing. We use some humor and get off topic, that's a bonus instead of the boring hypotheticals: "If All-Star Team A Plays All-Star Team B who wins?"

I've been on other sights and its all about the top teams like STA, IMG and heavy Miami-Dade, or out of state trollers. But, there's good football played around the state and this site gives me my portion of the state better than any another - we ran some condescending STA posters out of here with their crap (I understand they are out there on other sites which is enough keep me away of them). My first ever post was to Oracle, who was a pompous ass about their "Annual tuneup through SW Florida" Small town Charlotte beat them in the Regional Final that year.

Like Sly Stone Sez; Different Strokes for Different Folks, enjoy.

Josh's site is pretty much about one small part of the state which is why I don't spend much time over there. This site will get rolling next week.

Hey, I see Barron Collier is going up to play Port Charlotte. Your team, SK, is Charlotte, right? What do you know about Port Charlotte?

Choc, Tarps put 99 points on them in two weeks last season - played them the last game then met them again in the 2nd round. We just had their number, but they were good enough to get to the 2nd round.

They will play sound defense (most of the time), and usually run the ball decent. They've only beaten Charlotte three or four times since the series started in the early 1980s, so they kind of hyper focus on us. Charlotte doesn't view the series the same way, because quite frankly we've focused on teams like Ft Myers and Venice who we've been playing since the 20s and 30s.

Here's some follow up, just for fun I did a quick comparisons of sites:

A quick view of both sites at 8:45 am Saturday morning revealed:

Fl Var had 8 posts on Friday night games with 400+ views

Josh’s Board had 7 posts on Friday night games with 400+ views

So just like most of the swill we've been asked to swallow this election season, the facts don't support the notion that this site is dead.

Josh's site is fine and he's not a bad guy at all.. I regularly share football thoughts and ideas with him and post on both boards sparingly.

It's to each his own though no one has to feel obligated to post on either. I think during the season especially n if you add in the 1a board this board has slightly more activity but out of season Josh'so board maintains the conversations much more steadily.

Yeah I see he does lots of content, they used to do more here, but keep that in the pay content. But again, seldom was it about my portion of the state, so I rely on the papers and these folks. For me, there are a lot of guys (and Choc) here from SW FL, Sun Coast up to Peezy's Team - essentially from Naples to Armwood, where we play, so I'm good.

Nothing against Josh, or his site, it looks great. Just saying this site doesn't have a fork in it.

Speaking of the panhandle, can you find any scores? I looked on the NWF Daily News and WEAR sites and neither have scores.

Just a retweat from Seth on NWFDN site about the Niceville varsity score from the first half of the game the varsity squads played. I haven't seen anything about Choctaw. I know FWB got hammered by Gulf Breeze

Wow the state and the panhandle are slipping on West Florida sports

Josh's board did a lot of team previews, and write ups, a lot of effort went into them. I enjoyed reading them. Yes, there is lot's of south Florida conversation, and lately there as been more north Florida activity. I've been a member of that board for a long time.

I have to admit I enjoy the intellect of the members of this board more. It's still a very good board with a lot of the best information for Florida football, and when SK, and Nu'Trelle and a few others get on a roll it is hilarious. I'll always be a member of FlaVarsity as long as it is running.

Heck, who else going to represent Brevard?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT