ADVERTISEMENT

Question: NSD and why 15 of the top 20 rated Florida kids ended up going out of state

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
3 went to the University of Florida and 2 went to Miami, with FSU signing no one rated in the top 20. That's a rather disturbing data point, that the none of the universities here in Florida aren't at least dominating that data point cumulatively? Interested in what some of you might think in as far as shared insights on why these kids arent interested in staying in state? Is it just poor recruiting on the part of these state schools, shady recruiting practices by those luring these kids out of state......what?

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Really Elementary Watson; The best athletes are going to go where they have the best chance at winning a National title.

While the State of Florida produces by far the best talent, it hasn't had a contending program for a while that had a legit shot to compete for a NC.

This won't change anytime soon the way the NCAA is set up and with only a 4-team shot, it's been the same 5 or 6 teams every year. Coincidently they collectively have the most Blue-chip athletes in the 3-deep.

Help the fella understand Nick:

Saw the video last week, I thought it was was a bit suspicious in as far as the whole :Nick being captured on a live stream, doing the clinically pure as driven snow this is how you do recruiting type video. The Bama faithful have been quick to push this out in a big way on social media. I cant swallow the idea.....hook, line and sinker that Saben is just a master recruiter.......Florida graduated 4 receivers last year and all were playing in the NFL this past season, this year its likely Florida will have 2 WR's drafted in the 1st round........yet despite that this past recruiting cycle the top 4 WR's in Florida all decided to go to out of state schools. There's more data I've examined that shows the University of Florida being represented in as far as cumulative snaps played in the NFL this past season, Florida being consistently in the top 5 by position.

Just at the QB position the states of Texas and Florida are 1 & 2 in as far representation in the NFL, causes me to feel that the lions share of the blame on why these kids end up going out of state has to be a flawed approach to recruiting on the part of the HBC's at the state Universities here in Florida............the state schools aren't just losing some of the recruiting battles......its basically losing the majority of them with these kids.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Oh sure there's the money bags too - but the NCAA isn't going to go after the Golden Goose, they save that for declining programs like Miami a few years ago. He's got the perfect insurance policy; the guy that hired him at LSU and his buddy, is the head of the NCAA , he's untouchable

LOL......Yeah someone on the Gator message board had quipped that the video must have edited out the parts where he ask the recruit what color did he want his Charger to be?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT