ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Posters/Coaches - TOP ASSISTANTS

swett2victory

Aug 28, 2010
Cocoa Beach
football.jpg

Last edited:
So we always give credit to the top head coaches around the state and what a great job they do, but we also all know that you're only as good as your staff.

Who are some of the top Assistant Coaches around the state - whether it is coordinators or just position coaches that excel in what they do?

I want to start spotlighting some of these guys to help give them some exposure.

Larry sir,
You must be got some talent. While being a coach is a great way to serve the community, acting on the other hand is some sort of national or maybe worldwide or maybe a galaxy award winning accomplishment.

I can only relate to your essay cause Rufus, who is my long lost dark skinded brother and also known as my right hand man once served a term or two up yond Hollywood. He was chosen for many roles, to include J-lo, Jennifer Aniston playing as his maid, and Shannon Tweed playing the Bedroom Angel role with Rufus. He was a lucky fella.

As Rufus was going through a dream life we always hope for, he invited the rest of his family to play as EXTRAS. out of 30 heads in our family he only had 5 positions open. So he chose cautiously and that included:

myself: The smarted man caring for his muddy pond, bills, his cars and his tater tots back at home
Vernon: He is our brother who is a clean freak and the house stayed clean inside and out
Sterling: Our cousin and he would cook for all the family
Rhett: our nephew; as the gym rat, he was happy to be chosen as an extra
Sawyer: He knows the bible from genesis to revelations. He was very worried about the EXTRA thang

I'm a fan of James O'Brien, current Offensive Coordinator for Western High School in Davie. In his first year as OC for the Wildcats he took a kid who was 2nd string at his last school and helped him throw for 2400+ yards, 16 TD's and 3 INT's. Also had his Sophomore WR catch 88 balls for 1200 yards.

Also Thomas Paterno, current Offensive Line coach for Piper High School. He was at Coral Springs last season under Rashad West, Broward County Head Coach of the Year.

Coach Michael Conrad at American Heritage (Plantation) is an excellent D-line coach. Teaches excellent technique.

I'm a fan of James O'Brien, current Offensive Coordinator for Western High School in Davie. In his first year as OC for the Wildcats he took a kid who was 2nd string at his last school and helped him throw for 2400+ yards, 16 TD's and 3 INT's. Also had his Sophomore WR catch 88 balls for 1200 yards.

Also Thomas Paterno, current Offensive Line coach for Piper High School. He was at Coral Springs last season under Rashad West, Broward County Head Coach of the Year.

Coach Michael Conrad at American Heritage (Plantation) is an excellent D-line coach. Teaches excellent technique.
Welcome WD
I like your first post....

I thought Booker T. Washington and Central would be the hit school with nation wide class coaches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT