ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Sunlake athlete Ryan Pryce

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The latest season was very tumultuous and didn’t go the way we wanted it to, with everything that happened from coaching changes mid-season to culture problems, it was a bad experience. Although that took place, it’s an experience that has made me step up as a leader and developed me as a person to hold, most importantly the team and especially myself, to a standard every day. At first, it’s disappointing to come off of a 9-1 season at Land O’ Lakes, building my name and reputation in the county and not being able to have that success at Sunlake, but I’ve come to realize that it’s an obstacle that’s been put in front on me and has driven me to be more passionate about everything I do with every hour of every day.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“As of now I’m getting ready to compete in track, last year as a sophomore I was second in the conference for the 400m and fifth in the district running a 53 second 400m. This paired along with the offseason football lifting, conditioning and 7v7.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“At Sunlake we’re manifesting that fact that we will be a successful program next season, we have everything in the right place to win games [such as] the coaches, talent, players. It’s a matter of taking control and upholding the standard we hold ourselves to every day.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Every game is going to be competitive, no one can be singled out. Taking it week by week and not looking too far ahead is the right mentality to have.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Once again, I’m confident in my craft, my skill set and athleticism where I know that any obstacle that’s placed in front of me, I’m going to overcome. Whoever I’m lined up against I’d bet the world on myself every time.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“It is my passion and desire to play football at the next level.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve built so many connections with coaches during this contact period, most with USF but also being in contact with local colleges and some D2 and D3 colleges. Built great connections talking to UMass and FIU as well.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“It’s still a matter of going through my senior year and putting together more films of my play.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve unofficially visited USF a couple times as well as taking personal campus tours at UF.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“Not currently.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Most of my family is native from Wisconsin, [I’ve] been a big Badgers fan growing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News