ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Olympia quarterback Juan Gainous

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has had its ups and downs, but we are definitely looking towards a great second half of the season.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I am happy with my season so far, but I feel like there is always something to be worked on.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“Olympia has played well so far this season. Like my individual performance, the team as a whole has areas we can get better at. We take every week as a lesson and work on getting better.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“I think continuing to improve on the small things during practice makes a big difference in our game play on Friday nights.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“We are a close-knit team. We have a good time together, but we also hold each other accountable. I think that is what helps us get better and is important in being successful.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I definitely want to continue playing football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“A few schools have reached out, but many are waiting to see my performance against our big-name rivals and my full year stats.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“No school has stood out with their recruiting yet, but I have enjoyed getting out and seeing the campuses and athletic facilities.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have visited FSU, FAMU, UCF, UF and USF.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“The team and I are planning for a game day at UCF soon.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have close ties to FSU. My dad is from Tallahassee and took classes at FSU and graduated from FAMU. My mom graduated from FSU and my grandad worked there his whole career. I am definitely a Seminole fan.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News