ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Clearwater Academy International quarterback Evans Chuba

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season so far has been great. I’m surrounded by a young but hungry group of guys that want to improve each and every day. We are now 9-1 on the season having beat top teams such as Venice. We are currently sitting as the #88 high school team in the country. This momentum should help us well in performing at our State Championship game this Sunday vs Tru Prep.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I’m proud of my improvement so far this season as far as understanding the game and picking defenses apart. I understand the ins and outs of the game 10x better since arriving at Clearwater Academy International this spring. I’ve been throwing better and improving on decision making each week. There’s so much to be conquered and I’m up for it.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel like our team has been playing phenomenally on both sides of the ball. We’ve come together as a team as the weeks went on.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“There’s always things to improve on as a team and knowing that is the fun part. Reaching high levels of efficiency and execution is the goal.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The key for us to be great moving forward is doing our job and doing it to the best of our ability. Playing great complementary football will lead us to memorable victories.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“The goal is to play college football at a division 1 school.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“So far I’ve been receiving interest from Iowa State, North Dakota State, Georgia Southern and Dartmouth.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“N/A.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I plan on visiting and going to watch college games this off-season for sure.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Growing up in Canada, I never really had a favorite college. Instead I just follow quarterbacks such as Justin Fields, CJ Stroud, Hendon Hooker, etc.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News