ADVERTISEMENT

Palmetto 40 Charlotte 16 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Palmetto was too much for Charlotte from start to finish, now Palmetto heads back to Venice for the Playoffs. I still think Palmetto is the kind of team that could beat Venice, we'll see I guess in a week!

Go Canes Go!

Cant answer for Charlotte, for Palmetto they came into the season with an inexperienced defense, but veteran offense. I get the feeling having watched them against Manatee, Braden River, Venice, and Charlotte last night that the HBC realizes he has a good offense, but a so so defense that seems to play better when it directly benefits from a Palmetto offense that scores at will.

Go Canes Go!

And I thought the new playoff system would have 7A D11 with different opponents for the first coupe of rounds. That hasn't worked out.

HWF, yes we sat some kids, but Palmetto has rolled everyone and only loses came to Venice, BR and Manatee. Game featured back to back KO returns 92 and 99 yards (first time I've seen that in HS), and both benches played the 4th, they scored on the last play.

Marino the QB, I want to say got his first start when they played here in 2016 as a soph. As I recall, they moved their QB out to WR that game and he played most of the rest of the season at Q. He has good pocket presence, can run and had a pretty good arm. Our Soph QB got some great experience last night against a big fast D went 7-9.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Palmetto ends up a 7 seed. In 7A D11 they put 3 teams into the playoffs in region 3.
What is sad is that the other teams in D11 are horrendous. Bottom dwellers who get pounded each year by the same teams.

Your son who has the picture of all three. Sorry I seen that QB photo thought it was you then just seen your correct photo realized that was you in the photo you once had /showed in the water.

Last edited:
SilverKing if yall were 100% do you think you beat Palmetto or were they clicking that good?

If we were 100%, with our complete O-line and QB, and had to play our way in like they did (not having clinched), I'd say it would have been a much more interesting game.

The one bit of momentum we had was after they hit a FG and we ran the KO back. But our kicker left it short and they returned the favor, and cruised from there.

They are a big athletic team led by a 3rd year starter at QB who found open receivers when he needed to and made the throws. We didn't open up too much with our back-up, and ran the ball a lot.

Give Palmetto credit, I don't know if they can beat Venice but I think Venice probably would prefer someone else than having to beat them twice in three weeks.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Venice will play Tampa Bay Tech.
Totally agree about beating the same team twice. It so happens to get out of this region BR Venice Palmetto may have to play each other at least one more time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT