ADVERTISEMENT

Osceola 13 Manatee 0 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
On offense Manatee was simply over-whelmed by the Osceola defense on all fronts, I want to say Manatee turned the ball over 4-5 times.....which never helps turning it over that many times, The closest Manatee came to scoring was the Osceola 28 yard line in the 1st half, well within range of the Manatee kicker.......but the HBC elected to go for the 1st down instead, which proved to be unsuccessful......(the score was 7-0 at that point).

In many respects Osceola on offense struggled all night with keeping drives going too. It scored a TD on its 1st possession of the game, and after that it would string together some nice gains with its running game here and there only to fizzle out later in the drive. As the best Osceola could do after the 1st drive, was a FG in the later stages of the 1st half and another in the 2nd half and that was all of the scoring for the game.

Go Canes Go!

Thanks. So is this like a common known term in football? Like coaches and players all know what "HBC" is? Cos I couldn't really find this searching online, other than a reference to Steve Spurrier.

I believe the term HBC was........ when used was pretty much always in reference to The ole ball coach, Steve Spurrier more times then not. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused you!

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT