ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. Must see video for all proud Americans

Neutral 0bserver

Sep 6, 2002

If you are an American, you were undoubtedly taught by the time you entered the first grade that the proper way to pay respect to and honor our American flag was to rise to your feet, remove your cap, and either salute with your right hand or cover your heart whenever our National Anthem was played.

That's the way most of us grew up. As young men turned 18, they registered for the draft. If called upon, we served. Were there ever any problems in the U.S.A.? Certainly there were. During the Viet Nam era radicals even went so far as to set fire to plenty of American flags.

Yet red-blooded Americans of all races, colors and creeds who believed in our way of life refused to show disrespect to our flag. Dissidents had little impact on the over-whelming majority of us. As a Nation of people, we stood tall and proud.

If you consider yourself a patriotic American, things that are happening today can be very vexing. Certain people in today's world are of the opinion that choosing to demonstrate bitterness toward America by opting to refuse to stand for our Anthem is an appropriate form of behavior.

If you are proud to be an American and still swell with pride every time America's colors are presented and our Anthem is played, spend 11 minutes and 38 seconds to watch and listen to Robert Sorgenor's account of Francis Scott Key and the story of "The Star Spangled Banner".

And as you watch the video, please remember this. Being proud of your American heritage is not something new. It's in your blood. It's part of your being. Stand tall. Stand proud. And never allow yourself to have concern for any individual who is so ashamed of America he cannot find it in his heart to rise to his feet and honor our Flag.

NFL players have been given a reason to stop being small and get real.

The recent mass-shooting tragedy in Las Vegas that cost at least 59 concert goers their lives presents a unique opportunity for leaders within the NFL Players Association to mend some fences and heal some open wounds. Millions of Americans, whether NFL fans or not, have been offended and appalled by the NFL players who have refused to stand for the National Anthem.

From the outset, criticism of the police has been the primary reason for players to openly demonstrate their bitterness. Obviously, disrespect for the American flag has been tough for the average American to swallow. How deeply do the players hope to divide America? As a percentage, how many police are actually deserving of this level of criticism?

Last weekend's shooting has been covered by every major media outlet in the U.S. and one aspect is clearly undeniable. The vast majority of our police unselfishly put their lives on the line to help save lives. While innocent concert goers were seeking cover and trying to get out of danger, as the photo below clearly shows, police responding to the scene rushed toward the shooter and put themselves directly in the line of fire. And millions and millions of us witnessed the images on our TV screens.

Leadership within the NFLPA should step forward at this point in time and seize upon the opportunity to do some serious backpedaling. They need to state - and state with COMPLETE CLARITY - that the overwhelming percentage of police officers are good and decent people who willingly put their own lives on the line on a daily basis in order to protect the general public.

59d21fb9cecf1.image.jpg

How dumb do NFL players have to be to protest guys like this?

Neutral... Those aren't the guys they are protesting against... Its the ones who use their position and power and use it to take advantage of or use unreasonable deadly force when in other situations they do not.

My brother is a Hillsborough county deputy and he says the reason for protest (the real reason not the we stand against Trump BS) is valid.. There are many people in position to make change that will not or others who will harbor people and keep them on the force when they are clearly a risk to public safety. Believe what you will as your in your 70's and there is nothing this 35 year old can do to change your mind but the reason for protest is in fact real.

Also I would like you to elaborate on this statement:

"Obviously, disrespect for the American flag has been tough for the average American to swallow."

Can you please describe in detail what you consider to be an "average American" or is this just based on people you know and associate with?

Last edited:
no beef intended but average imo he means peeps that dont care, dont know nothing about military, or how they lay their heads on pillows every night, meaning freedom.

Can you please describe in detail what you consider to be an "average American" or is this just based on people you know and associate with?
Select any nationally recognized polling service you choose, have them survey a random cross-section of American people on whether or not boycotting a public presentation of our National Anthem is an acceptable form of behavior in protest of ANY issue.

As for the people I know, how about those who have my e-mail address? Would that be an acceptable sample group? Most of my friends copy stuff and forward it. They don't write their own stuff and send it. Comments re: NFL players and their unpatriotic actions has taken center-stage of late.

Thus far, I haven't received a single e-mail saying that NFL players have been smart to take a knee. I haven't received a single letter saying that NFL owners have responded by adopting a smart stance. Yes, I've gotten e-mails saying the people who are protesting have the "right" to take a knee, but none of the emails have agreed that it was the "right (appropriate) thing to do".

Bottom line: The NFL and the more dissident of their players have managed to figure out the perfect way to alienate the overwhelming majority of all patriotic Americans and trust this peezy, they're going to feel the economic effects of the wrath for a long, long time.

What I get is people that I know and love are not red blooded Americans because most I discuss with feel the protest is warranted and do not see it as a disrespect to the flag but a way of drawing attention to an issue that is usually glaringly overlooked.

Lets just be 100% honest and not beat around the bush of what we are talking about. America is a majority White Caucasian country FACT, however the Minority community is probably much more in support of the protest than their majority counterpart because it hits close to home and we are the ones most affected.

So when you say "normal" or "average" American you speak of the white majority. That is fine I just want to be clear what I am referring to. The Black, Latino minority are more in line of the other side but since WE either A. don't poll well or B. are not the majority our voices are not heard... Oh my what should one do when their voices are not heard????? Get the drift.

You cannot silence the other side....

Also... If you want to talk $$$ and lost revenue by the NFL we can do that... Its not going to be as big a impact as you would like to believe.

What I get is people that I know and love are not red blooded Americans because most I discuss with feel the protest is warranted and do not see it as a disrespect to the flag but a way of drawing attention to an issue that is usually glaringly overlooked.

Lets just be 100% honest and not beat around the bush of what we are talking about. America is a majority White Caucasian country FACT, however the Minority community is probably much more in support of the protest than their majority counterpart because it hits close to home and we are the ones most affected.

So when you say "normal" or "average" American you speak of the white majority. That is fine I just want to be clear what I am referring to. The Black, Latino minority are more in line of the other side but since WE either A. don't poll well or B. are not the majority our voices are not heard... Oh my what should one do when their voices are not heard????? Get the drift.

You cannot silence the other side....

Thank you. Well said.

To Peezy: It will be interesting how everything plays out. You seem to have convinced yourself that the dissident players haven't caused the NFL any undue financial harm. I'd be willing to wager otherwise. There's an old adage in business that will never be disproved: The customer is ALWAYS RIGHT.

As for your comment "You cannot silence the other side", my take is this: The "other side" doesn't seem to need any help in making their protest irrelevant. They have pissed off far too high a percentage of America.

If you want to comment that they haven't pissed off everyone, you would, of course, be perfectly correct. But from a "percentage" standpoint, they have already slit their own throats.

If you're an NFL owner, having dissident players piss-off a whole stadium full of flag-wavers is your worst possible nightmare.

1. We can do a financial analysis... all of that is public data and something I do on a daily basis... I deal in numbers not emotions. Let me know if you want the data. The real Data

2. Can we have a friendly convo and discuss the elephant in the room. This really is a black vs white issue... more like a white vs everything else issue. This is not a race issue as in calling someone racist that is not what I'm saying. What I am saying is the difference in mentality on this issue is clearly based on race And or your societal background.

Am I wrong and if so how can we seem one an average American what does that make the other?

Peezy,

You raise serious questions which will probably not be answered. That is the fundamental problem we face at this stage of the 21st century. For whatever reason, we don't have serious conversations on serious issues, of which race, sadly, is still a serious issue in the USA.

I agree DB2 everyone wants to be cynical and pretend that there are no issues in this great land

Let me be clear I am a very proud American. The brother of a sheriff deputy, the brother of 3 Army soldiers who've collectively put over 40 years of service for this country being deployed multiple times. I myself have worked in the DOD industry for 12 years working along side SPF guys who are never seen never heard but do work as well as high ranking officials.

Yet in my inner circle I'm not finding the resounding disdain for the protests as others are

Last edited:
This really is a black vs white issue... more like a white vs everything else issue.
If you see it that way, that's your privilege.

If you think it's a color thing for Nu'Trelle, I'll forgive you. You know nothing about me, other than what I've posted on this message board. We'll let it go at that.

See that's the problem. Your assuming I think it's a color issue to you or that your racist .... That's soooo fae
If you see it that way, that's your privilege.

If you think it's a color thing for Nu'Trelle, I'll forgive you. You know nothing about me, other than what I've posted on this message board. We'll let it go at that.

This is not about you Neutral... Everything is not about you nor I... I never said that YOU see this as a race issue... I am telling you that it IS a race issue and those who choose to ignore it and not discuss it are a problem as well.

These issues need to stop being avoided because they are the tough issues. We should talk about it... ONe should want to hear why I feel that way as I want to hear why you disagree.

But instead we just say "We'll let it go at that" NO we won't well I won;t you can but by doing that your doing yourself a disservice... There are things to be learned here its fine if you choose to ignore and stick with your own way of thinking as well as those or your close associates. Me personally I like to hear the opinions of those who have nothing in common with myself... Best way to learn is to step outside of your box.

America was founded on protest. Ever hear of The Boston Tea Party ? This is also a non violent one. Sure it alienates a large segment of American society, which is never good for business, but many feel something has to be done now to spotlight real or perceived injustice. Just saw the 10 part, 18 hour Ken Burns PBS doc on the Vietnam War. Protest didn't stop 58,000 Americans from losing their lives for that dubious war. Kneeling during the anthem is lightweight compared to that time. This is all about perception now. Body counts trump this social misdemeanor.

This is all about perception now.
There are probably many intelligent players in the NFL, but any who truly believe that demonstrations of outright disrespect for the Flag are an appropriate form of protest are NOT among them.

How many business owners would voluntarily risk pissing-off MOST of their customer base? If you eliminate people who are suicidal, the answer is "zero".

One thing is certain. A lot of money is on the line. No matter what happens to revenue, owners still have to pay players' salaries. Do you really believe any NFL owner cares about the reason for the protest? NFL owners who are still in their right minds just want to see the problem go away. As far away as possible.

That's why no one has to worry about ever again seeing Colin Kaepernick in an NFL uniform.

To peezy28: Call me part of the great Caucasian majority or otherwise label or pigeon-hole me in any fashion you see fit. That's your privilege. I will still respect your take on most things discussed on this forum. But until you can impress me with the fact that you truly recognize how deeply dissident NFL players have pissed-off most Americans, you and I aren't close to being on the same page. I don't think you have any clue.

There is a right way and a wrong way to do most things if life. For any American to turn his back on the American flag is something that is wholly unacceptable. It's something I would expect from an ISIS sympathizer, but never from a patriotic American. If a protestor was showing blatant disrespect for our flag and somehow spontaneously combusted right before my eyes, the sorry S.O.B. would burn to death before I'd pull out Big Joe and urinate on him.

But until you can impress me with the fact that you truly recognize how deeply dissident NFL players have pissed-off most Americans, you and I aren't close to being on the same page. I don't think you have any clue.

Okay so you want to double down and ignore so will I but I will not ignore your main cause here.

As previously stated This great country of ours is made up of a majority and several minorities. In any instance The majority has power over the minority due to sheer #s and other societal factors. True or False?

Now since I have openly stated matter of opinion on this protest changes drastically based on whether you fall in the majority or minority I can wholeheartedly say that yes Black minority NFL players have pissed off the white majority fan base which consists of most Americans because the MAJORITY or most is the W in this equation. True or False?

I did not label you Anything here other than apart of the problem because you are truly attempting to avoid the race issue at hand. I've brought it up several times and not oncr in your responses have touched on it for what I don't know. I am not making this an issue of racism it's not that it's a mentality issue and those on one side of the fence the majority side think one way while the other think vastly different.

Until you can impress me with the fact that you truly realize that your "average" American you speak of consists of the majority race and what people think of this issue lies right upon racial lines you and I aren't even close to the same page. I don't think you have a clue.

If anyone disagrees with the protests or agrees with it, it does not make you ignorant or racist or any of that it means you have a difference of opinion based on your own ideology and societal factors... I would prefer to understand it and have you understand mine than to just right you off as not having a clue.

However since I am a $$ and ### man I can tell you those pissed off people have not donr enough to the bottom line to affect change... as a matter of fact if you read the article posted above you will see a 26% ratings increase on a Thursday the worst day for NFL football. So once again do you need me to pull the #s? Or do you just wish to believe what you say is law and that's just that despite the evidence pointing the other way?

Last edited:
If anyone disagrees with the protests or agrees with it, it does not make you ignorant or racist or any of that it means you have a difference of opinion based on your own ideology and societal factors... I would prefer to understand it and have you understand mine than to just right you off as not having a clue.

However since I am a $$ and ### man I can tell you those pissed off people have not donr enough to the bottom line to affect change... as a matter of fact if you read the article posted above you will see a 26% ratings increase on a Thursday the worst day for NFL football. So once again do you need me to pull the #s? Or do you just wish to believe what you say is law and that's just that despite the evidence pointing the other way?

Bingo!

To peezy: You're working your a$$ off to make this a black vs. white issue. Maybe it's a black vs. white issue for you. Maybe it's a black vs. white issue for plenty of other people. But even if you spend the next 50 years posting stuff for me to read, you'll have no luck making it black vs. white for me. Know why? Because it isn't.

Let me state this very clearly for you. Black and white don't mean $hit to me when it comes to anything ... this protest included. I don't care whether someone is pink, purple, turquoise, lavender, maroon or silver with green stripes and large orange and yellow polka dots. Repeat: Colors don't mean $hit to me. Got it?

When Kaepernick started his protest by disrespecting the flag and our anthem, he automatically alienated me. I don't care about what the dude is protesting about? I have absolutely no concern over his "issues" because he opted to do something that I found totally unacceptable. He decided that it would be intelligent to dishonor our Flag and our Country. He did so because he's not very intelligent afterall. The stupid idiot had no clue. He slit his own throat.

Does it make any difference what color he is? Maybe it does for you, but not for me. I just color him a dumbass who figured out how to turn off the money machine and wreck his own career.

How about other NFL players who are taking up the cause? What "color" is stupid, peezy? Go ahead and keep track of it if you're concerned. It makes no difference to me.

Going through life I've met stupid people of every race, creed and color, but truthfully, peezy, by sheer number I've met more stupid Caucasians. Know why? Like you said, whites represent the majority ... and is exactly why color doesn't mean $hit to me.

Neutral, no hard feelings. I agree with some of what you say and since the reason for protest means absolutely shit to you, being that the protest used was one you found deplorable punishable by meeting the firing squad then I can see why you feel race is not in question for you. Unfortunately the whole issue of the protest was started due to rational injustice. So therefore regardless if how we feel about it the protest has anything to do with race or not... The issue of protest started with race. Which is why you see a certain divide between those for and against.

So when we speak of this protest we are focusing on the most harmless part... the actual protest as opposed to the reason which people have actually lost their lives.

The whole country can take a knee one day and the Army will still be at work and we would all still function and it will only hurt feelings. But let me or anyone else who fits the reason for protest end up on the wrong side of a rogue cop (yes they exist) having a bad day and you will not have to hear about Peezy arguing about protests ever again. Who knows maybe that will be a good day for you.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Attention Neutral, this isn't about you, or what you may deem appropriate. Whether it's an individual or collective decision is immaterial. Nonviolent protest is a hallmark of our being. A citizen's intelligence, awareness, and understanding doesn't need to pass your or anyone else's litmus test. Jim Crow was outlawed decades ago because of it's selective discrimination by white people who looked like you and I. You choose to fight this issue on a message board. Others choose the streets or the ball fields. I see little difference old man. Don't undervalue the feeling's of all minorities,racial or otherwise to vent their frustrations anyway THEY DEEM LEGALLY APPROPRIATE.

Attention Neutral, this isn't about you, or what you may deem appropriate.
Let me see if I understand this one correctly. People chose to disrespect the American flag and you believe no other American (me included) has the right to use his/her value system to decide whether or not such behavior is appropriate?

Good luck with that theory.

Ever think about writing comedy material for a living?

Let me see if I understand this one correctly. People chose to disrespect the American flag and you believe no other American (me included) has the right to use his/her value system to decide whether or not such behavior is appropriate?

Good luck with that theory.

Ever think about writing comedy material for a living?
Hey man, you can think what you won't.... to each his own (legally)

But let me or anyone else who fits the reason for protest end up on the wrong side of a rogue cop (yes they exist) having a bad day and you will not have to hear about Peezy arguing about protests ever again. Who knows maybe that will be a good day for you.
You apparently think the "rogue cop" would hand out a free pass to someone who was white? Any one of us could be killed by a rogue cop, my friend. Don't be naive enough to believe otherwise.

But like I said near the outset of Kaepernick's protest, if people want to "be real" about innocent people being threatened or killed in the streets, the very first thing they need to do forget about law enforcement and demand that armed felons (of ANY color) be caught and removed from the streets for good. THAT measure alone would probably eliminate over 99% of the loss of innocent lives.

Anyone - black, white, red, yellow, orange, purple with pink polka dots in color - who thinks that death by "rogue cop" represents a higher probability than being taken off the board by a convicted felon with an illegal weapon needs to do some serious rethinking about his/her "protest priorities."

P.S. The last sentence in your post really wasn't necessary. It was beneath you.

Last edited:
Stop telling people what to do and think. You take care of Neutral. Let others legally do what they want. Is that concept beyond you ?

Reactions: peezy28
You apparently think the "rogue cop" would hand out a free pass to someone who was white? Any one of us could be killed by a rogue cop, my friend. Don't be naive enough to believe otherwise.

But like I said near the outset of Kaepernick's protest, if people want to "be real" about innocent people being threatened or killed in the streets, the very first thing they need to do forget about law enforcement and demand that armed felons (of ANY color) be caught and removed from the streets for good. THAT measure alone would probably eliminate over 99% of the loss of innocent lives.

Anyone - black, white, red, yellow, orange, purple with pink polka dots in color - who thinks that death by "rogue cop" represents a higher probability than being taken off the board by a convicted felon with an illegal weapon needs to do some serious rethinking about his/her "protest priorities."

P.S. The last sentence in your post really wasn't necessary. It was beneath you.

It was necessary as it's what was on my mind... I never mind speaking my mind no matter who doesn't like what comes out.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Stop telling people what to do and think. You take care of Neutral. Let others legally do what they want. Is that concept beyond you?
Peezy made his opinions known and posed questions to me. I replied.

He can do whatever he wants. You can do whatever you want. I have stated personal opinion only. You can take it for whatever it's worth, but please understand this one salient point ... whatever YOU think about what I think doesn't mean jack $hit to me. Apparently THAT concept is beyond the realm of your comprehension.

Since you obviously read all my posts, please allow me to amplify a point I just made in the previous post.

People who live in impoverished neighborhoods - yes, I grew up right in the middle of one and you had the balls to mock me on this forum for even referencing the fact -- definitely have a harder row to hoe than those who live in better socio-economic circumstances. As a result, they're much more prone to being threatened with physical harm, being robbed of their possessions, having their daughters raped and, yes, maybe even being murdered or having a family member murdered in cold blood.

My heart bleeds for every innocent person who's trapped in such circumstances and has no choice but to live in constant fear.for his/her life. Are ya hearin me clearly on THAT, Dan?

Peezy is an intelligent man. DarterBlue2 is an intelligent man. You're an intelligent man. So how bout a little wager?

Here's the deal: We go into an impoverished neighborhood (read "ghetto") and we interview people with no criminal history and determine that each of them is living in genuine fear for their life. We ask each of them if they would mind taking a brief lie detector test and still remain totally
anonymous. If they agree, we show them 10 pictures. The pics will include the 5 cops on the local force with the highest number of citizen complaints. The other 5 will be mugshots of violent career criminals that been granted parole and turned loose on the streets.

After each person reviews all 10 pics, we ask one question: "Please point to the picture of the individual who you honestly believe would be most likely to kill you or someone close to you."

We can wager as much as you want. You decide. If they pick out a cop and the lie detector reveals they're telling the truth, I'll pay up. If they pick out a thug, you pay up.

We all bring cold, hard cash to the table. I'll cover any amount of action the 3 of you care to bet in combination. Let your bank account be your guide. Just let me know what your budget is.

And on the chance that you DON'T think I can cover my end the bargain (match whatever amount of cash you can put together in combination), we can bet on that too.

You get a lie detector test (hey I hear the Scientologist down the street are giving them away for free) and let me pick the hood and I'll take you up on that wager.

Certainly you jest?

If not, you can pick the hood, no problem at all. Just remember this, we're talking about wagering on what people with no criminal record, just a bona fide fear of being murdered in cold blood will decide ... which will pretty much take anyone off the board who has a lifelong hard-on for the police.

Just don't pretend you're interested in the wager, and then tell me that you're willing to bet $20.

So your saying you have access to a lie detector and have enough persuasion powers to convince people to take a lie detector test for a wager you have? Yeah if this is the case we've all really underestimated you.

But if you do come on down to Clearwater

If SK can help, give him a shout. He only failed statistics once in college; He know you have to build in some validity questions (well maybe not with a lie detector, they didn't cover that as a back-up, it was all about the damn freakin' math of it).

SK will hold the money of the wagers, set up the sample size and radomize the selections of the subjects for a mere 20% surcharge (Unless we talking chump change). He can also provide security for the foray into the hood for an additonal $650 per hour via three retired Blackwater operatives. SK will throw in Lunch for the day, which will include Peezy's favorite Steroid Shrimp.

Also to get you all started here's a Lie Detector on eBay - you can bid it up.
Vintage Polygraph Machine Stoelting Lie Detector

Click images to enlarge

Description
This is a vintage Stoelting Polygraph Machine. It appears to be in good conditon but I have no idea if it works or not. Obviously the attachment parts are missing. The aluminum case measures 21 x 14 x 6 inches. What you see is what you get. Selling as is. No returns. Please view supersized photos.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I've had to sit on a poly in the past 5 years for my position. The new toys look much different

Reactions: Silver King
So your saying you have access to a lie detector and have enough persuasion powers to convince people to take a lie detector test for a wager you have?
Did I say I had access to a lie detector? No. As long as the 3 of you are willing to put up enough money to make it worth my while, a polygraph with operator can be made available.

This isn't about making jokes. This is about giving you and two other people a golden opportunity to put your money right where your mouth is. If you have the money and want to put enough of it at risk to make it worth my while, then we'll find out if you're right or wrong.

I've been following the situation in Ft. Myers since Kaepernick first voiced his concerns. Do you actually think rogue police are the ones going around slaughtering innocent people in Lee County? If you do, better think again. Winning the bet from you here in Lee would be just like taking candy from a baby. You'd lose every dime you had to your name.

But I didn't really expect you to take the bait. Jokes are what I expected and jokes are what I'm getting. That's the most intelligent way for any man to backpedal.

Have a nice night.

Ha I'm not back pedaling at all.

You show me we can get a live polygrapher and we will go from there. You got jokes because your wager was off the wall like Michael Jackson as I'm sure you meant it to sound so I'm calling your bluff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT