ADVERTISEMENT

Niceville 20 vs Tate 21 Final

AmstaffNole

Sep 17, 2014
Tate is traveling to Niceville looking to take down the Eagles for the first time in years! Niceville hasn't lost at home since Nobember 2013. Tate seems to be peaking at the right time, can they get it done? More importantly WILL they get it done?

All I know for sure is there will be a packed house in Eagle Stadium come Friday night!

It's going to be a great game. i will be listening in unless I can find a local telecast of the Charlotte at Naples game.

Niceville's offense will need to step it up a bit to hold off Tate. Eagle stadium is a tough place to play however. Hate to say it but my gut tells me Tate gets the win, probably because I can't be there tonight.

Tate put their QB, WR, and RB on the All Northwest Florida team. I bet that offense is potent. Does Niceville have the defense to stop them? We'll know in about 10 hours!

At the end of the first quarter, Tate is up 7-0.

Tate's defense has been impressive which is surprising. I thought their offense would be the problem for Niceville.

It's 21-0 in the second quarter and Tate is manhandling Niceville. This is very surprising!

This game was a comedy of errors. Niceville would get a turnover then throw an interception within two or three plays. Even the Niceville announcers could not believe they had no score deep into the third quarter. But, Niceville lost their record setting RB to injury in the first half which hurt their ability to move the ball.

I turned the broadcast off late in the game with Tate up 21-3 and apparently missed a whole lot. Niceville suddently found their offense. However, that choice to go for a TD (missed) rather than a FG at the Tate 1 late in the first half came back to haunt them.

But, Tate has had three impressive wins in a row. That game against Armwood next week will be epic!

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/20151127/SPORTS/151129336/?Start=1

Yeah I turned the broadcast off when Niceville threw another INT with 6 mins left and the score 21-3. I then checked the Tate Twitter account to see what they had to say about the game and saw the score 21-18 lol. Crazy finish! Niceville got outplayed/dominated for 3 and a half quarters but never gave up! Ultimately I believe the better team won.

Hindsight is certainly 20/20 but there were some obvious bonehead calls yesterday by Coach Hicks. I don't mind going for a TD from the 1 yd line at all. The probability is definitely on your side.

However Tate shanked a punt with 7 seconds left in the 1st half. Niceville could have kicked about a 35 yd field goal to make it 21-3 but instead choose to take a shot at the end zone??!!!! The announcers said "these 7 seconds are a gift!" Agreed we should have taken the points, no brainier!

Then in the second half after Niceville made it 21-3 they decide to go for it on 4th down inside the 10 rather than kick the FG. This is the call that really pissed me off. If you were willing to kick a FG the previous time you should be willing to kick a FG now. 21-6 is a 2 possession game. Even if you scored a TD its still a 2 possession game at 21-10. Instead Niceville gets no points at all and it stays a 3 possession game. The strategy behind those two calls were beyond questionable. Either way as I mentioned before Tate was the better team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT