ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 36 Palmetto 35 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee snatched victory from the jaws of defeat tonight, and pulled out a very unlikely win of county rival Palmetto. Manatee had given Palmetto a short field of 9,12 and 15 yard scoring drives due to turnovers. Found its self down 26-35 with just over 3 minutes left in the game, and then put together a quick TD via a pass to Kevious Price....held Palmetto on downs and to get the ball back with just over a minute left. Then drove down the field to put Nick Null inposition to kick a game winning 36 yard field goal. Manatee physically dominated this game but continuely shot it's self in the foot with untimely errors or allowing Palmetto to get off a big play. Could have gone either way.......but in the end Manatee found a way to pull this out and register a W!

Go Canes Go!

Three turnovers inside their own 15 yard line lead to 21 points for Palmetto. Have to give the Canes credit. They continued to shoot themselves in the foot but found a way to win. Very exciting game.

Good win by manatee, 10 years of beating county teams. Palmetto once again is overrated. How is manatees future? I know I read on here that manatee has 45-50 on the jv, is that still true?

Agreed. Impressive, impressive win. It's entirely possible that Manatee is the number one team in the US.

I Agree neutral, after firing coaches that helped the team go to the 4th round manatee could be the number 1 team in the nation and if they do good for them they deserve it

Agreed. Impressive, impressive win. It's entirely possible that Manatee is the number one team in the US.

That's just wrong Neuter'd Neutral. Manatee is #1 in the world.

On a serious note I'm glad Manatee won this game, I listened to a little bit of the game on my Mac. U would have thought Manatee won the Super Bowl by the way those radio MCs were hollering after that 36 yard FG.

This year will be very interesting in 8A Region 2.

OrlandoOak Ridge will definitely test DP this year and they have high D1 talent at key positions.

I believe Manatee will progress as the season goes on and will enter the playoffs 9-1 or (with a lower probability) 8-2. Oak Ridge and DP will both test them in the first two rounds.

Good win by manatee, 10 years of beating county teams. Palmetto once again is overrated. How is manatees future? I know I read on here that manatee has 45-50 on the jv, is that still true?

I'm not sure how you get Palmetto being overrated out of this game. They are a good football team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT