ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 21 Tallahassee Lincoln 24 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee hasn't exactly dominated, but finds its self up by 11 at half. I was late getting to the game and noticed #11 K Jackson isnt playing tonight and havent located him on the sideline yet either, so wondering what's up with that? I continue to feel DC Choate calls just an absolutely terrible game, enough with the bringing the kitchen sink just about every down. AJ's missed on a few passes tonight that would have been certain TD's but all in all to me he's progressed tremendously from last year........... to me he has enough talent to establish himself as pretty good HS QB before its all said and done! Lincoln to me just doesnt have any real kind of special talent, but continues to play hard. Manatee is going to have hit on few plays it missed on in the 1st half, or I can see Lincoln potentially making a game out of this.

Go Canes Go!

Manatee hasn't exactly dominated, but finds its self up by 11 at half. I was late getting to the game and noticed #11 K Jackson isnt playing tonight and havent located him on the sideline yet either, so wondering what's up with that? I continue to feel DC Choate calls just an absolutely terrible game, enough with the bringing the kitchen sink just about every down. AJ's missed on a few passes tonight that would have been certain TD's but all in all to me he's progressed tremendously from last year........... to me he has enough talent to establish himself as pretty good HS QB before its all said and done! Lincoln to me just doesnt have any real kind of special talent, but continues to play hard. Manatee is going to have hit on few plays it missed on in the 1st half, or I can see Lincoln potentially making a game out of this.

Go Canes Go!
lincoln has I indicated earlier has continued to just plain ole simple hard football and Manatee appears to be just going through the motions. Lincoln went 92 yards in 4 plays to take the lead.

Go Canes Go!

lincoln has I indicated earlier has continued to just plain ole simple hard football and Manatee appears to be just going through the motions. Lincoln went 92 yards in 4 plays to take the lead.

Go Canes Go!
Manatee misses a FG attempt as the final seconds clcik off to potentalily tie the game...........This Manatee team is not playing as good as it talent should be capable of playing. Hats of to Lincoln for playing hard from begining to end!

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: 76Noles
I am dying laughing manatee radio host had to hold back words on calling booth a bad coach and I agree
Yeah the spiking of the ball on 3rd and 2, was just pathetic...........Choate has no business being a DC, he's assistant coach material at best.

Go Canes Go!

Yeah the spiking of the ball on 3rd and 2, was just pathetic...........Choate has no business being a DC, he's assistant coach material at best.

Go Canes Go!

Here we go! Now the words start to fly about the coaching! LOL

Someone didn't fix the score on the manateefootball.com site. Shows 36-24 Manatee on the results page.

Go Canes Go!
Calling into question the play calling for a specific game, shouldn't be construed to mean something beyond just that game. Believe me if and when I want to call into question the HBC play calling in general, I know how to go about that. Choate as a DC...............well I'm trying hard to give him the benefit of doubt, but 3 games into the season I'm seeing more and more reason why calling his abilities as a DC "questionable" at best as being valid. The only thing that really bothers me right now is how badly Manatee is in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Good size players along the OL and DL, but I don't believe either unit has the ability to control the line of scrimmage against average to better teams. Hoover played the game on the line of scrimmage like it was men against the boys.

I wish I was in Bradenton and not sure I'm going to make it down this year, but the JV team is 2-0 having won both games by a combined score of 61-6.....this cant be the same group of freshmen that lost all their game last year, struggled to scores points and lost ugly every game but one???? That or it's one helluva coaching job and Booth would do well to consider moving at least some of those coaches up to the varsity level. Loved to hear the Paul Harvey rest of the story on how a group of big time losers as freshmen transforms into a pretty stout JV team???

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT