ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 21 Hoover-AL 42 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
To me this game comes down to the battle that is to be fought on the line of scrimmage. Last year Miami Central pulled away from Hoover because they were able beat Hoover between the tackles and subsequently pull out a victory. While Manatee has more than adequate size along its offensive line, I don’t see this unit as being particularly physical bunch. That to me is going to be the difference in the game, along with the fact that Manatee doesn’t have a back that is a north/south type runner.

I see this game going along the same lines as last year’s game with Ware County. Manatee’s defense is a capable bunch and will keep Manatee in this game, no matter what difficulties the Manatee offense encounters trying to move the football against the Hoover defense. AJ is a year older and certainly more experienced, if he can make the passing game work…(something he wasn’t really able to do last year against Ware County), Manatee has some play makers that can make things happen.

In the end I see Manatee losing because it can’t play the physical kind of game it takes to beat a team like Hoover. And the Hoover defense with its over-all team speed takes away Manatee’s finesse game.

Hoover 23

Manatee 10

Go Canes Go!

Hoover had Manatee reeling from the very beginning of this one. The defense looked absolutely terrible, and I attribute that to coaching and scheme. Just too much talent of that side of the ball to look as bad as they did.....Offensively as I indicated earlier in the day that Manatee OL has no push or physicality and was amazed how easily Hoover was able to collapse the pocket most of the night. The run game was almost non-existent most of the night........again for a big group this line is not physical at all.

The bring it back to Florida and have a winning season and probably a District title, but this Manatee team is not championship caliber at this point.

Go Canes Go!

You called that. They gave the score at our game when it was 14-0 and our announcer called it "a bit of a shock." I said to the guy next to me, that's not what one of the Manatee fans posted on FV.

I didn't get to see this one, but I listened to the first half. Seemed like the big stage might have gotten to the Canes, but it was clear that Hoover was more prepared and executed at a higher level. I think Manatee will benefit from this one big time and I'm not too concerned about the outcome.

gatorman, how about Reggie Carter? He caught my eye last week and made some good plays this week. What year is he?

Hoover had Manatee reeling from the very beginning of this one. The defense looked absolutely terrible, and I attribute that to coaching and scheme. Just too much talent of that side of the ball to look as bad as they did.....Offensively as I indicated earlier in the day that Manatee OL has no push or physicality and was amazed how easily Hoover was able to collapse the pocket most of the night. The run game was almost non-existent most of the night........again for a big group this line is not physical at all.

The bring it back to Florida and have a winning season and probably a District title, but this Manatee team is not championship caliber at this point.

Go Canes Go!

Not surpised at all. Those who know the Manatee program and have been around for a while should have seen this coming. Without a Lang in the backfield and the way the defense looked, this could be a very short season. A weak district should help but you can see how much of a loss Lang is and how AJ isn't quite "there" yet.

I didn't get to see this one, but I listened to the first half. Seemed like the big stage might have gotten to the Canes, but it was clear that Hoover was more prepared and executed at a higher level. I think Manatee will benefit from this one big time and I'm not too concerned about the outcome.

gatorman, how about Reggie Carter? He caught my eye last week and made some good plays this week. What year is he?
I believe the program list him as a Senior............Manatee has a nice group of WR's this year with Price, Carter and Tilton...(the only under-classman)

Go Canes Go!

I could be wrong but did any Florida team win out of state this past weekend?

Hallandale beat Cedar Grove, GA (34-26)
Coconut Creek beat Marist, GA (41-21)
American Heritage-Plantation beat Stephenson, GA (36-8)
Venice beat Stepnville, TX (37-8)
Tate beat Biloxi, MS (38-7)
Bay beat Vidor, TX (19-7)
NFC beat Deerfield-Windsor, GA (27-26)

Reactions: Cat_Scratch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT