ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee 0 Armwood 19

peezy28

Feb 25, 2003
Armwood is good we know that and they had 2 TD's called back (1 from a new penalty that I was unaware of where you can not hit a player if they cant see you.... )

But man this Manatee team looked BAD... They weren't very big and the talent level was not what I am used to seeing. QB play was horrendous as well.

Could be a long season for the Canes.

It was everything you said Peezy and sometimes even worse, I'll throw in a few thing however that will probably sound like excuses......but it was what it was. Offensively Manatee had 2 Freshman playing major minutes, was missing its starting center, Kenyon Fordham arguably one of Manatee's best play makers, saw playing time for only the opening kickoff and then sat the rest of the game on the sideline with an injury, and finally exposure to a new offensive scheme and QB that consisted of just the last few weeks.

Defensively Manatee was missing 3 starters, but showed remarkably well despite the abundance of division - 1 talent on the the Armwood offense. Sneed (Ohio State verbal), must have carried the ball close to 30 times, and other than ripping off a 65 yard run was held pretty much in check the entire night. To me the difference in the entire game was the play of the Armwood QB.....another D-1 prospect.

Lots to be corrected for Manatee, the scheduled being front end loaded with quality opponents isn't going to make it any easier.

Go Canes Go!

Yea I noticed the schedule and without knowing how much y'all were missing from the game I was going to say Manatee looked like a .500 team.

With all you should have and kids getting better in the system it probably wont be that bad tho

Armwood is good we know that and they had 2 TD's called back (1 from a new penalty that I was unaware of where you can not hit a player if they cant see you.... )

But man this Manatee team looked BAD... They weren't very big and the talent level was not what I am used to seeing. QB play was horrendous as well.

Could be a long season for the Canes.

I meant to comment earlier. This year the rules have changed as far as crack-back or peel-back blocks. In the game last night Plant vs Venice had a similar call.
Figured out they want those type of hits reduced and must be done with extended arms only. Means you cant lower your shoulder into a player from the side or who would normally not be seen in the play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT