ADVERTISEMENT

Lakeland reclaims the throne, #7

Nulli Secundus

Aug 7, 2002
Atlanta
This may not have been Lakeland’s most vaunted team but they never gave up. The mountain was high but dammit not impossible to climb. Damn the naysayers, the hell with the critics. Always underestimated, never intimidated. DREADNAUGHT NATION!!!!!!!! L-TOWN, POLK COUNTY FOOTBALL!!!!!

Congratulations to the nationally ranked St Thomas Raiders on a great season.

Caught me off guard Nulli. Had no idea how good the Naughts were this year. Great win.

Reactions: jgking83
Caught me off guard Nulli. Had no idea how good the Naughts were this year. Great win.
I had no idea how good they were. Correction, I wasn’t sure about how the offense would perform against STA. The defense has been lights out and played a great game tonight.

Reactions: peezy28
Was the old guy who wears the huge, custom-made "Battleship hat" on hand? If you go to a stadium to actually watch the football game, you don't want to be anywhere near this dude. It's like sitting behind a billboard.

LHS_hat.jpg

Congratulations! So how many players are going to Florida to help them out next year? Please!!!!!

Was the old guy who wears the huge, custom-made "Battleship hat" on hand? If you go to a stadium to actually watch the football game, you don't want to be anywhere near this dude. It's like sitting behind a billboard.

LHS_hat.jpg
He was there, and caught on camera after the game celebrating! Wasn't in the stands, was in a motorized wheelchair on the sidelines.

Go Canes Go!

I wasn't all that impressed with Summerall's run support..........Gators have offered and I believe is a Gator lean........Hammonds from what I've heard has potential grade issues, but I believe has been offered as well by the Gators...... Zipperer has been offered, he's a gotta get him kind of player....has been offered. I liked the coolective play of the Lakeland db's and Jaharie Martin not sure where any stand on a star rating and of course Bowman.............from what I've seen early isnt particularly interested in the Gators?????

Go Canes Go!

Great job! I went. Glad to see dreaded STA thwarted. L won because they were TOUGHER. Both teams were tatooing each other but L was better with tackling technique and not giving up huge plays. They bent but didn't break and got just enough pressure on Castiel to keep him from stirring the STA all-star drink.

Will Geo. Smith now fire Roger Harriett? 2 years in a row losing to lowly public schools. LOL.

Reactions: Nulli Secundus
This may not have been Lakeland’s most vaunted team but they never gave up. The mountain was high but dammit not impossible to climb. Damn the naysayers, the hell with the critics. Always underestimated, never intimidated. DREADNAUGHT NATION!!!!!!!! L-TOWN, POLK COUNTY FOOTBALL!!!!!

Congratulations to the nationally ranked St Thomas Raiders on a great season.

Congrats Nulli aka Boy of Poison... 181pl said STA would never lose another game ever... then they lost last year... then they lost this year twice.

I wasn't all that impressed with Summerall's run support..........Gators have offered and I believe is a Gator lean........Hammonds from what I've heard has potential grade issues, but I believe has been offered as well by the Gators...... Zipperer has been offered, he's a gotta get him kind of player....has been offered. I liked the coolective play of the Lakeland db's and Jaharie Martin not sure where any stand on a star rating and of course Bowman.............from what I've seen early isnt particularly interested in the Gators?????

Go Canes Go!
Bowman is Gator all the way... he reps them on and off the field (does Gator chomp all the time). I think as the kids do he even has a Gator Tattoo lol. Not sure where you heard he isn't interested in UF.. That is the ONLY school he is interested in

Great job! I went. Glad to see dreaded STA thwarted. L won because they were TOUGHER. Both teams were tatooing each other but L was better with tackling technique and not giving up huge plays. They bent but didn't break and got just enough pressure on Castiel to keep him from stirring the STA all-star drink.

Will Geo. Smith now fire Roger Harriett? 2 years in a row losing to lowly public schools. LOL.

You have a lot of crow to eat

Bowman is Gator all the way... he reps them on and off the field (does Gator chomp all the time). I think as the kids do he even has a Gator Tattoo lol. Not sure where you heard he isn't interested in UF.. That is the ONLY school he is interested in

I've seen him do the chomp too, but had read on more than one occasion on the different blogs he wasn't a sure thing..........................

Go canes Go!

Congrats Nulli aka Boy of Poison... 181pl said STA would never lose another game ever... then they lost last year... then they lost this year twice.
Thanks Peezy. I have to correct you though. I was never BoP at FAMU, only in the “100”, LOL

b

You have a lot of crow to eat

Really? STA has won 7a or its equivalent 7 times in 11 years and I have crow to eat? Wake up. It's an anomaly when they lose. I'm glad Lakeland won. I can't stand STA and their 50 D1 recruits year in and year out.

Thanks Peezy. I have to correct you though. I was never BoP at FAMU, only in the “100”, LOL

Oh well now so you were one of the 100 aye. Even more congrats... Oh and its a ole stinking a** pussycat on this board by the name of Dan in Daytona... We will have to give him more hell when he shows up LOL.

b

Really? STA has won 7a or its equivalent 7 times in 11 years and I have crow to eat? Wake up. It's an anomaly when they lose. I'm glad Lakeland won. I can't stand STA and their 50 D1 recruits year in and year out.

Anomalies have happened ever year since you made that statement... Eat that crow Joe and stop trying to lawyer up your point... Your point was an ABSOLUTE... you said STA WOULD NEVER EVER EVER LOSE ANOTHER GAME ESPECIALLY TO A FLORIDA PUBLIC SCHOOL.

Yes you have crow to eat.

b

It is also an anomaly when Plant loses in Hillsborough County or at all but you love them... IJS.

Oh well now so you were one of the 100 aye. Even more congrats... Oh and its a ole stinking a** pussycat on this board by the name of Dan in Daytona... We will have to give him more hell when he shows up LOL.
Oh really! I never knew that about Dan. I’ll remember that.

Nothing lower then two irrelevant,since 2010,snakes trying to communicate on a sports message board. Do men still go to "that" school ?

Dan, Your the only Wildcat around or else there would be more talking about anything anywhere. I was waiting for the you Rattlers can't even properly win an election post but it never came LOL.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Hey, I never thought the brother had a prayer. Shows you how much I know about Florida. If just a few more got out to vote the man would now be the governor. Maybe times are changing for the better....fingers crossed.

Yes because Wildcat football is a great shining symbol of achievement, lol.
Let's face it, all of HBCU's athletic teams are a shell of their former selves. In my ancient one year as a Wildcat, eight of my teammates were drafted into the NFL(classes '75-'78). Grambling, Jackson State, and even lowly FAMU surely surpassed those numbers back in the day. In recent times, B-CU has been as successful, if not more then 80% of these colleges. That's not a mountain in Tallahassee, only a hill you're throwing stones from at my 'Cat's.... And by the way, as a playing true freshman, we did spank that ass on the trioval of Daytona International Speedway in 1974. You better recognize my "flute playing friend."

Reactions: 181pl

I told you he wasn't.....committed to Clemson today!

Go Canes Go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT