ADVERTISEMENT

LAKELAND DREADNAUGHTS 14 KISSIMMEE OSCEOLA KOWBOYS 7

MarkECannon

Oct 9, 2010
Haven’t been to a playoff game since the first round. Made it to the State-Semifinal last Friday night at the historic Bryant Stadium in Lakeland.

This game was a knock down drag out kind of game that renewed my faith that hard form tackling still exists. Both teams delivered blows that made this a defensive game. I have to give the Kowboys credit. I’ve been to see Lakeland play many times but I had never seen a team physically take it to them like Osceola did. Even their RB’s delivered punishment when they were tackled. To Lakeland’s credit they never backed down delivering their hits as well.

Up 7-0 at the half the Kowboys looked like they might pull off the upset as they drove inside the red zone early in the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately Osceola’s QB delivered a wounded duck that was intercepted in the end zone. That was just what the Dreadnaughts needed. They went on to score two TD’s to go up 14-7.

Late in the 4th quarter Osceola drove deep into Lakeland’s red zone. The drive failed when the Kowboys fumbled on a double reverse. The Dreadnaughts deserved the win but I’m sure they are glad they have some extra time to recover from such a physical game.

I’m looking forward to the Lakeland-Venice 4S State Final game on December 17th at 1pm in Fort Lauderdale. It should be one of the better matchups of the five games that will be played during the 3 days.

Reactions: gatorman001
This Venice squad isn't the same team that physically dominated teams last year on its way to a state championship. Venice used some quick slants and its ability to get its QB and RBs outside & off-tackle to move almost at will against Buchholz this past Friday night. I wouldn't say it was a game Venice just dominated, even when it built its 28 point 1st half lead. I'm going to give Lakeland the advantage, primarily because of Bill Castle being on the sideline for Lakeland. Too bad its not being played at either Lakeland or Venice, it would a be standing room only from a fan standpoint, something I really miss about high school football......

Reactions: MarkECannon
This Venice squad isn't the same team that physically dominated teams last year on its way to a state championship. Venice used some quick slants and its ability to get its QB and RBs outside & off-tackle to move almost at will against Buchholz this past Friday night. I wouldn't say it was a game Venice just dominated, even when it built its 28 point 1st half lead. I'm going to give Lakeland the advantage, primarily because of Bill Castle being on the sideline for Lakeland. Too bad its not being played at either Lakeland or Venice, it would a be standing room only from a fan standpoint, something I really miss about high school football......
Contest went just about as I expected, Venice's inability to dominate at the line of scrimmage was the difference in the end. Other surprising aspect of this contest in as far as it being for a state title was attendance, only a little over 3000 showed up to watch in person........

Contest went just about as I expected, Venice's inability to dominate at the line of scrimmage was the difference in the end. Other surprising aspect of this contest in as far as it being for a state title was attendance, only a little over 3000 showed up to watch in person........
Hey gatorman001! Where did you get the attendance information from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT