ADVERTISEMENT

Lakeland 37 Manatee 0 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee had a running clock put on them about a the midway point of the 3rd QT, and that pretty much sums up this game.

So you back on your original over-under? I thought Lakeland was the better team in the Spring when we payed you both, and we heard they were missing a bunch of their horses.

I thought Manatee (even after the game), was nearly as talented as Lakeland. The 2 primary differences between the two were, strength along the line of scrimmage and coaching. In as far as the original over/under projection......yes I believe this team still has the potential to win less than 4 games.........not because it lacks in talent, but because the team lacks core leadership in its coaching and as the losses continue to mount will lose ultimately this team from a respect standpoint...........

Last edited:
So you back on your original over-under? I thought Lakeland was the better team in the Spring when we payed you both, and we heard they were missing a bunch of their horses.
Lakeland was missing its starting MLB, Larry Jones and best DB, Nasir Bowers as far as I could tell. They also didn't start who was thought to be their best OL, MIguel Maldanado. It appeared, however, as if he was simply benched as he played in mop-up duty and was enraged as the game ended. (Personally, I'm proud to see a coaching staff with the balls to bench a player with stars next to his name as a relatively high profile recruit.) Lakeland is also very underclassmen dominated, save for stars like Dindy and Thompson. They'll only get better as the season goes along.

* Prior to the game, a Manatee assistant coach tweeted something to the effect of "give it up, or we'll get it through blood", a sort of "Stick-up" reference towards Lakeland. Tweet was deleted. No word on whether the coach is still employed.

Reactions: Silver King
The rumor in Sarasota/Manatee counties is the OL coach walked this week and will not return! Can any Manatee faithful confirm this? Even if that is true I believe Green will have them finish 2nd in the district behind Bloomingdale.

The rumor in Sarasota/Manatee counties is the OL coach walked this week and will not return! Can any Manatee faithful confirm this? Even if that is true I believe Green will have them finish 2nd in the district behind Bloomingdale.
Dont know about the rumor, but i was told by someone close to the program brfore the season started, the new OL coach had brought some new life into the weight lifting program.....the weight lifting program was in very sad shape heading into this season

Dont know about the rumor, but i was told by someone close to the program brfore the season started, the new OL coach had brought some new life into the weight lifting program.....the weight lifting program was in very sad shape heading into this season
well if that is the case looks like that would be a loss in two places. Thankfully they are on a bye week before they play PHS who doesnt look very good either

Was that the coach that made the tweet I referenced above? It makes sense they would can him...

Not the same coach. The OL left due to family related matters and the OL coaching duties are now being shared by multiple coaches that were already with the team.

Reactions: skyway2021
who would have thought two 0-2 teams coming into friday for this huge district game. Might have to make the trip north to Palmetto. Manatee 28-20

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT