ADVERTISEMENT

Lakeland 36 Manatee 14 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Lakeland played a very undisciplined football game, as they had to have way over 100 yards in penalties. The TB for Lakeland is special, reminds me of a Davin Cook with alittle more speed! There wasn't much beyond that to be impressed about Lakeland at this point, I would imagined they'll get better though the deeper we get into the season. Lakeland scored a TD with about 3 minutes left in the game to complete all the scoring in the game, so it was a competitive game. Manatee had it at 21-14 in the 3rd QT but just killed themselves with mistakes on a couple drives in the second half to keep it from ever getting any closer.

Manatee is going to be better than they were last year and probably make the playoffs, the QB made a number of good plays along the way, the freshman TB Jones a some good runs...........Manatee however still lacks the over-all talent to beat elite teams just yet.

Go Canes Go!

Lakeland played a very undisciplined football game, as they had to have way over 100 yards in penalties. The TB for Lakeland is special, reminds me of a Davin Cook with alittle more speed! There wasn't much beyond that to be impressed about Lakeland at this point, I would imagined they'll get better though the deeper we get into the season. Lakeland scored a TD with about 3 minutes left in the game to complete all the scoring in the game, so it was a competitive game. Manatee had it at 21-14 in the 3rd QT but just killed themselves with mistakes on a couple drives in the second half to keep it from ever getting any closer.

Manatee is going to be better than they were last year and probably make the playoffs, the QB made a number of good plays along the way, the freshman TB Jones a some good runs...........Manatee however still lacks the over-all talent to beat elite teams just yet.

Go Canes Go!

yall have a big one next week in your county... early thoughts up your way?

You know Manatee played Lakeland tuff for much of the game......the guys on the radio tried saying Manatee wore down on defense in the later stages of the game and is why Lakeland was able to dominate at the line of scrimmage as the game got into the late 3rd QT and all of the 4th QT. I've went back and watched the game again and I think what happen is the defense stop playing with passion....plain and simple!

Offensively I think the the coaches need to rethink its offensive approach. Manatee at this point hasn't got ideal personnel to run a true spread. They've got some pretty good size up front on its OL, they've got a freshman TB that runs with alot of authority and confidence and a few other talented guys that could line up at the TB position. Time to decrease those huge gaps on the OL and lets think about an offensive scheme that uses a blocking TE and let these big guys work on developing some mean and nasty attitude upfront! I'd say go to a 70/30 run to pass approach.

I think Manatee could win this game, but as a team its head has to stay in the game for the entire game. The HBC has some teaching to do with these young men in as far as staying focused and playing tuff games the entire game not just part of the game. They've got the talent to win this game if they do.

Go Canes Go!

That 54-7 was a surprise to many of us down here... Does that concern you Manatee folks? And the other surprise from your county was Bayshore

That 54-7 was a surprise to many of us down here... Does that concern you Manatee folks? And the other surprise from your county was Bayshore

I said before the start of the season that I expect Bayshore to have a winning season and make the playoffs.

The HBC has some teaching to do with these young men in as far as staying focused and playing tuff games the entire game not just part of the game.
Go Canes Go!

gatorman, let me get this straight, so by admitting a coach needs to do those things to keep his team focused aren't you agreeing with, or making the same argument as Canes0177?

obviously I've touched a cord with you, as your insistence to keep this coach thing or lack of a coach on the sideline going clearly demonstrates that point..........that to me in itself strikes of a attribute you seem to share with Canes0177 as well.......I've said what I said and believe what I believe, and you provided nothing via debate to give me cause for pause of reconsideration on any of that......therefore I suggest you believe what you believe and we'll just move on and agree to disagree.

Go Canes Go!

I think Riverview and Manatee finish 1st and runner up in the district. Bayshore can go to playoffs but I think Booker will win the district.

No chord gatorman, you were the one who jumped on me. I was just pointing out two teams that lost were missing their suspended HCs. I find that somewhat interesting.

Did you want me to say something like Manatee loss wasn't as bad and they will beat Venice?? I wasn't going there, just making a valid observation.

You know as well as I Venice will be tough, and so will Manatee, and so will BR.

In fact I'm still not sure what you were even talking about regarding Canes0177, I was just offended at the comparison, enlighten me what you were getting at?

Booker? Seriously?
Yes...Booker will beat Southeast, Bayshore, Hardee, etc. They will win the district in my opinion. They have athletes but poor coaching. Those teams don't have the athletes like Booker.

Yes...Booker will beat Southeast, Bayshore, Hardee, etc. They will win the district in my opinion. They have athletes but poor coaching. Those teams don't have the athletes like Booker.

CLUELESS----poor coaching will bite you in the A$$ more often than not

I don't doubt that Booker has great athletes, but they haven't had good coaching since Leroy Rawles left. That's why Booker hasn't done much in a long time.

I don't doubt that Booker has great athletes, but they haven't had good coaching since Leroy Rawles left. That's why Booker hasn't done much in a long time.
Booker hasn't had much good coaching since Fred left as HC. I have always felt Rawles et al have left much to be desired. Smartest guy in the room types... small room preferred. IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT