ADVERTISEMENT

In Hell I'll be in Good Company

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Going to turn you cats on to some 'Fresh' new Bluegrass. Went to a huge Blue Grass festival in Eastern Kansas in 1976, the Blue grass answer to Woodstock three days - I remember about 6 hours of it, had a lot of fun, but haven't listened to it much since. Just came across these guys: Dead South.

Dead Love couldn't go no further,
Proud of and disgusted by her,
Push shove, a little bruised and battered
Oh Lord I ain't comin home with you

My lifes a bit more colder,
Dead wife is what I told her
Brass knife sinks into my shoulder

Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do

I see my red head, messed bed, tear shed, queen bee, my squeeze. The stage it smells, tells, hells bells, misspells, knocks me on my knees

It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me from a tree After I count down, three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company
Dead Love couldn't go no further,

Proud of and disgusted by her,
Push shove, a little bruised and battered
Oh Lord I ain't comin home with you

My lifes a bit more colder,

Dead wife is what I told her
Brass knife sinks into my shoulder
Oh babe don't know what I'm gonna do

I see my red head, messed bed, tear shed, queen bee, my squeeze. The stage it smells, tells, hells bells, misspells, knocks me on my knees It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree

After I count down, three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company.
In Hell I'll be in Good Company

Last edited:
Reactions: DarterBlue2
You know it's slow round here when even the fool who try to sell those $899.00 kicking/passing machines equip wiff a small block Chevy throws in the towel.

Reactions: peezy28
Snappy isn't it?

King, you been listening to the rest of the stuff by this band. They sing about some hard edge, sorry assed red neck shit. Not that I'm against free expression, but I know some of these cats here would be all up against some of the subject matter.

I don't feel no more, I just want liquor and dirty whores Cause I, don't care no more When you walk out of that bar, You try and Get in your car With a girl hanging on your hip, You're getting ready for the big trip Better give that girl just one more kiss All that cocaine will leave you in a bliss
-That Bastard Son

BP, I never got past that first song I liked it so much, but may with those lyrics.

Hey, I'm from the Sly Stone School - "different folks for different folks".

SK has one of those colorful Canadian Bro-in-Laws. Canadian red necks sing from life. If peeps didn't have hard times there wouldn't be no Soul Music, (both) Country OR Western, or Canadian Blue Grass.

BP, I never got past that first song I liked it so much, but may with those lyrics.

Hey, I'm from the Sly Stone School - "different folks for different folks".

SK has one of those colorful Canadian Bro-in-Laws. Canadian red necks sing from life. If peeps didn't have hard times there wouldn't be no Soul Music, (both) Country OR Western, or Canadian Blue Grass.
I hear ya, it SHO ain't your uncle's bluegrass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT