ADVERTISEMENT

IMG Recruit List

181pl

Aug 24, 2006
Tampa
With the confirmation of DE from Tampa and the 5 star QB, IMG now has FIVE 5-star guys in the 2016 class alone.

2016 OL from GA
2016 ATH from MA

2016 WR from NJ
2016 ATH ( 2 offers)
2016 RB (1 offer)
2016 3-Star LB from Washington (Bellevue)
2016 3-Star WR from MN
2016 3-star LB from OH
2016 3-star RB
2016 4-Star DE from Tampa
2016 4-star DB from GA
2016 4-star WR
2016 5-star QB from CA (FSU commit)- Malik Henry
2016 5-star TE from GA (FSU commit)
2016 5-star DB
2016 5-star OLB/DE from MD
2016 5-star DE from Tampa (Shavar Manuel)
2017 OL (6'7 270) From FL (Offers From Bama, FLA, AUB, Among Others)
2017 WR from FL (Offers from everywhere)
2017 ATH from Ohio
2017 OL from FL (6'8 330) (UCF offer)
2017 4-star DL/OL from Md

http://forum.nationalhsfootball.com/index.php?showtopic=5189&page=4

There are only two ways to stop it:

1- take away FHSAA sanctioning and have a rule in place forbidding FHSAA members to play non-members (other than an out of state team sanctioned by their own state association)

and/or

2- DON'T SCHEDULE THEM. IF NOBODY PLAYS THEM, THE TEAM GOES AWAY BECAUSE NO COLLEGE WANTS A GROUP OF ATHLETES THAT TOOK A YEAR OFF TO TRAIN INSTEAD OF PLAYING IN REAL GAMES.

Ocala Trinity folks, Do you know if you guys will be scheduling them again? Also Jacksonville Trinity folks will you be scheduling IMG this time around?

At this point, nobody should schedule them. We all knew it would get out of hand, but now- it's gotten VERY out of hand. JaxTCA, OTC, CCC all played IMG...very strong teams in their own rights, respected and will all be very good again in 2015- but, at this point, it no longer makes sense for anyone to schedule IMG. Time for them to take their act national.

Just from the Tampa area alone:

2016 4-Star DE from Tampa- Malik Barrow (Tampa Catholic)
2016 4-star WR from Tampa- TJ Chase (Plant City)
2016 5-star DB from Pinellas- Savion Smith (Lakewood/Bogie)
2016 5-star DE from Tampa- Shavar Manuel (Blake)

IMG just poached probably 25% of the high-level talent in the area in the blink of an eye.

... and a future 5-star OL from the class of 2017, which is included in the list.

I agree with Jessica... don't schedule them. Pretty soon they will need schools to compete with them (that use the same tactics) and that will balloon this "issue".

Don't schedule IMG.

My question is... what exactly are they trying to prove?

Do recruits who think they are "too good" for HS football go to IMG?

If they go 10-0 (I really don't care how many games they play), what will the celebration be like when they get back to town? Will there be fans? Will the student body get behind them and write "GOING TO STATE" with red solo cups on the chain link fence in front of the school?

No, no, no and no.

No spirit, no culture, no tradition...
Just adults and kids who think they are too big for the game at the HS level.

DONT PLAY THE TEAMS THAT SCHEDULE IMG!

(I'm on the bandwagon)

Don't offer scholarships to players that play for IMG.

Oh, too far? Don't mess with college football? Ok.

Well, one player that IMG threw the kitchen sink at and didn't get is CJ Cotman from Clearwater Central Catholic. I heard the offer that IMG threw at him was pretty special, even by IMG's standards. CJ took to twitter to confirm he will complete his Junior and Senior seasons at CCC. Considering that the Marauders bring a huge chunk of their team back for the next 2 seasons and that John Davis will be returning to the sidelines to coach the team, it's most likely a prudent move on the young man's part.

If you haven't seen the kid play, you're missing a treat http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2816423/highlights/221906377

Originally posted by peezy28:
Ocala Trinity folks, Do you know if you guys will be scheduling them again? Also Jacksonville Trinity folks will you be scheduling IMG this time around?
Peezy, my friend. I hope so. Playing an all star team like IMG can only make your team get better. You get better by playing the best.The one time that we played them we totally stopped their D-1 QB and most of their RBs. We also did pretty well in moving the ball against them. However, we couldn't contain RB Bo Scarbrough who was a freak of nature carrying a football. He made our defense, which is pretty darn good, look like they weren't even on the field.

Does it make you better if they snatch your top 5 players by offering their parents full scholarships during the game in the stands? How's that going to work out for you?

Nobody in Manatee county is going to play them. They have wanted to try to establish some local rivalries but nobody is going to play them. They shouldn't be recognized in any of the high school polls, state or national!

This post was edited on 1/22 10:48 AM by twc2499

This is the future in sports. What should/will eventually happen is there will be a few more IMG-like football factories around the state and country. Almost all of the elite players seeking football scholarships and a pro career will find their way to a place like IMG for training in their sport. And the high schools will be back on even footing, just having players who are homegrown and regular students. It will be a level playing field for high schools. The only downside is some people want to see the top players playing for their schools. But if no schools have top players, all is fair. Not sure this is a bad thing.

That said, no, high schools should not be playing factories like IMG.

Originally posted by 181pl:
Just from the Tampa area alone:

2016 4-Star DE from Tampa- Malik Barrow (Tampa Catholic)
2016 4-star WR from Tampa- TJ Chase (Plant City)
2016 5-star DB from Pinellas- Savion Smith (Lakewood/Bogie)
2016 5-star DE from Tampa- Shavar Manuel (Blake)

IMG just poached probably 25% of the high-level talent in the area in the blink of an eye.
Our area is pretty talented though.

Originally posted by ProSetEye:

Peezy, my friend. I hope so. Playing an all star team like IMG can only make your team get better. You get better by playing the best.The one time that we played them we totally stopped their D-1 QB and most of their RBs. We also did pretty well in moving the ball against them. However, we couldn't contain RB Bo Scarbrough who was a freak of nature carrying a football. He made our defense, which is pretty darn good, look like they weren't even on the field.
I am not completely against playing them but might just want to be careful with being a regular opponent if they start poaching your kids (not playing them wont stop that anyway).

I know Bo Scarborough was the truth but he didn't have grades hence I think he ended up at JUCO and not Bama.

I can't remember the QB's name but I thought he was from Canada or something do you know what school he ended up at?

Originally posted by whoat222004:
This is the future in sports. What should/will eventually happen is there will be a few more IMG-like football factories around the state and country.

Oh, but ain't that America for you and me
Ain't that America somethin' to see baby
Ain't that America home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses for you and me
Oh yeah for you and me, oh

Whoat is 100% correct.

HOWEVER,

I hope this begins a 'giving back' trend to public high schools. If I ever run into mega money, and who knows, you better believe I'd throw 7 or 8 digits my alma mater's way.

I'm talking Panther blue turf, dark blue track... I've lost it now.

Beat IMG yourself!!!

Michael O'Connor went to Penn State, transferring after one year still unknown where he is going.

My favorite story of "recruitment" is Jack Lightsey who transferred from Dr. Phillips to Armwood because football at Armwood offered him a better path to the Big Time. He went to Mercer.

I fail to see how a lot of these players are affording IMG. The price tag, for 1 year of tuition, is more than most parents make in salary here in Florida. I also can't see how IMG would be able to make a profit offering full scholarships to any player. I do see where many of their recruits come from other states and even other countries. I would think that the combination of the extreme cost of tuition and possibly meeting their academic requirements might just eliminate most HS players in Florida from joining IMG. Bolles and STA have very high tuition costs and they seem to get some of the best players. So, maybe that is not a real problem for IMG.

I still believe that any HS team that schedules and plays IMG will be better for it. I don't see any difference in playing IMG and in playing Don Bosco or DeMatha, which some Florida teams do play from time to time. Why would teams play Don Bosco or DeMatha and fear playing IMG? When you play the best it just naturally makes your team better and I think that is the reason that Florida teams schedule Don Bosco and DeMatha. Regardless, IMG will have a full 10 team schedule in 2015. I am sure that Trinity Christian and CCC will once again be playing them. I am hoping that OTC puts them back on their schedule this coming season. We learned a lot from playing them.

Originally posted by gatorman-uf:
Michael O'Connor went to Penn State, transferring after one year still unknown where he is going.

My favorite story of "recruitment" is Jack Lightsey who transferred from Dr. Phillips to Armwood because football at Armwood offered him a better path to the Big Time. He went to Mercer.
That was by far one of the dumbest sh** moves ever... DP is a top notch program who see's plenty of scouts... Not only did they botch that but they enrolled their son at Armwood IN SEFFNER and they moved to a house on INDIAN ROCKS BEACH and enrolled their daughter at LARGO..

If your not familiar with the Tampa Bay Area let me draw you a map.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Indian+Rocks+Beach,+FL/Armwood+High+School,+12000+U.S.+92,+Seffner,+FL+33584/@27.8548657,-82.4569051,11z/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x88c2f998004c9aa7:0x7d4d3c45931d0448!2m2!1d-82.846561!2d27.8960019!1m5!1m1!1s0x88c2cbe398d0bfd5:0x12efe234a15e6b68!2m2!1d-82.295988!2d28.005565

I fail to see how a lot of these players are affording IMG. The price tag, for 1 year of tuition, is more than most parents make in salary here in Florida. I also can't see how IMG would be able to make a profit offering full scholarships to any player. I do see where many of their recruits come from other states and even other countries. I would think that the combination of the extreme cost of tuition and possibly meeting their academic requirements might just eliminate most HS players in Florida from joining IMG. Bolles and STA have very high tuition costs and they seem to get some of the best players. So, maybe that is not a real problem for IMG.

I still believe that any HS team that schedules and plays IMG will be better for it. I don't see any difference in playing IMG and in playing Don Bosco or DeMatha, which some Florida teams do play from time to time. Why would teams play Don Bosco or DeMatha and fear playing IMG? When you play the best it just naturally makes your team better and I think that is the reason that Florida teams schedule Don Bosco and DeMatha. Regardless, IMG will have a full 10 team schedule in 2015. I am sure that Trinity Christian and CCC will once again be playing them. I am hoping that OTC puts them back on their schedule this coming season. We learned a lot from playing them.
Few things here
1. The price tag your referring to is the 70K a year tuition... Coming from those in the know that is the "sucker price"

2. IMG will be on another level than Don Bosco and Dematha this year and for the foreseeable future. I think those schools along with the likes of STA and some of hte Public school powers in the nation can compete and beat them but with what they are bringing in they will be a COMPLETELY different team than the 1 OTC played 2 years ago... They had like 5 D1 guys then they have 5 D1 lineman and probably 26 D1 guys in total maybe more. Not just your normal D1 guys we are talking top of the line scholarship offer from every program in the nation pick your school type of guys.

3. I asked was OTC playing them because I know for fact that CCC has dropped them indefinitely. John Davis will not be scheduling IMG anymore.

This post was edited on 1/25 11:32 PM by peezy28

Just as I say that the #1 QB in the nation for the 2016 class from California is transferring there as we all suspected.

Proset... This IMG is like going from FAMU to FSU in 2 years.

While I understand there is a lot of money available from the management company (IMG's bread and butter), I'm having a hard time believing where they are going to recoup the investment.

IMG may have sponsors, but the one's I saw on their website all seem to be consumer products and I am having a hard time believing that their games are going to reach a wide enough audience to bring in high level ad dollars. Next, you have to wonder how they are going to cover expenses with tuition money when the players in the know are going to know about the so called "sucker price" there might be more parents looking to buy the dream in the country club sports, but the players getting poached from football, basketball and baseball teams damn sure ain't paying to go there. Wrong demographic AND I would speculate that most of them think they're hot sausage and are looking to get taken care of. Plus, today's brand of sports parent is looking for a payoff, not a 3 x $70k inverstment.

There just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for revenue to keep this money pit solvent. Somebody help me out with some solid intel. The last place I asked this question, dude that disagreed had a conniption and banned me.

Like I said there, mark it down SK. In five years they'll be out of business or the wheels will be falling off.

Few things here
1. The price tag your referring to is the 70K a year tuition... Coming from those in the know that is the "sucker price"

2. IMG will be on another level than Don Bosco and Dematha this year and for the foreseeable future. I think those schools along with the likes of STA and some of hte Public school powers in the nation can compete and beat them but with what they are bringing in they will be a COMPLETELY different team than the 1 OTC played 2 years ago... They had like 5 D1 guys then they have 5 D1 lineman and probably 26 D1 guys in total maybe more. Not just your normal D1 guys we are talking top of the line scholarship offer from every program in the nation pick your school type of guys.

3. I asked was OTC playing them because I know for fact that CCC has dropped them indefinitely. John Davis will not be scheduling IMG anymore.
I'm pretty sure that Trinity Christian will be playing them in the foreseeable future. TCA doesn't shy away from playing anyone. Hoping that OTC will go back to playing them regardless of how many D-1 players they have. I think Booker T and Miami Central have a dozen or more D-1 players each. So, I guess it isn't that strange to have a lot of D-1 players. However, HC Brantley and probably a few of the assistants will not be with the team in 2015. I guess the new HC has to decide who the out of district games will be against. I'm just eager to know who the new HC will be and who his assistants will be. I don't know why a a loaded team like Manatee wouldn't want to play IMG. Could become a Bradenton rivalry.

This post was edited on 1/25 11:33 PM by peezy28

Originally posted by redfishron:
While I understand there is a lot of money available from the management company (IMG's bread and butter), I'm having a hard time believing where they are going to recoup the investment.

IMG may have sponsors, but the one's I saw on their website all seem to be consumer products and I am having a hard time believing that their games are going to reach a wide enough audience to bring in high level ad dollars. Next, you have to wonder how they are going to cover expenses with tuition money when the players in the know are going to know about the so called "sucker price" there might be more parents looking to buy the dream in the country club sports, but the players getting poached from football, basketball and baseball teams damn sure ain't paying to go there. Wrong demographic AND I would speculate that most of them think they're hot sausage and are looking to get taken care of. Plus, today's brand of sports parent is looking for a payoff, not a 3 x $70k inverstment.

There just doesn't seem to be enough opportunity for revenue to keep this money pit solvent. Somebody help me out with some solid intel. The last place I asked this question, dude that disagreed had a conniption and banned me.

Like I said there, mark it down SK. In five years they'll be out of business or the wheels will be falling off.
I would take that bet on some suds or something. This "school" has been around for a long time before they decided to do a football program. I am sure they are not going to go broke trying to be a football power. They also make lots of money training players in the NFL and going into the NFL draft... One of those sessions probably is more than the cost of tuition for a year.

Somebody help me out with some solid intel. ... In five years they'll be out of business or the wheels will be falling off.
I would take that bet on some suds or something. This "school" has been around for a long time before they decided to do a football program. I am sure they are not going to go broke trying to be a football power. They also make lots of money training players in the NFL and going into the NFL draft... One of those sessions probably is more than the cost of tuition for a year.
Ok, that's solid information, thanks. But, hell, I'll make the bet, the beverage of the winner's choice when we meet up.

And I pay my gambling debts. Oh, yeah, I'm like that Auburn guy, Whelshers are two time losers.

Originally posted by redfishron:

Somebody help me out with some solid intel. ... In five years they'll be out of business or the wheels will be falling off.
Ok, that's solid information, thanks. But, hell, I'll make the bet, the beverage of the winner's choice when we meet up.

And I pay my gambling debts. Oh, yeah, I'm like that Auburn guy, Whelshers are two time losers.
Don't worry I pay up too and its not like I am betting my rights to post on here or something LOL. I am always down for suds and football talk so this is an easy bet... Of course I have no clue where your located but I get around the state during football season so it could happen. I'm a Tampa Bay Area guy myself.

Few things here
1. The price tag your referring to is the 70K a year tuition... Coming from those in the know that is the "sucker price" Yes they definitely do have people who pay that price to attend but this guy who actually works with IMG (legally) but is completely anti IMG as far as football goes was told if he wanted his son to play there the tuition could be dropped so that he is not paying much more than what he is currently paying at Berkeley Prep. So for ever 1 person who pays 70K tuition your probably opening up 2 full ride scholarships.

I'm pretty sure that Trinity Christian will be playing them in the foreseeable future. TCA doesn't shy away from playing anyone. Hoping that OTC will go back to playing them regardless of how many D-1 players they have. I think Booker T and Miami Central have a dozen or more D-1 players each. So, I guess it isn't that strange to have a lot of D-1 players. However, HC Brantley and probably a few of the assistants will not be with the team in 2015. I guess the new HC has to decide who the out of district games will be against. I'm just eager to know who the new HC will be and who his assistants will be. I don't know why a a loaded team like Manatee wouldn't want to play IMG. Could become a Bradenton rivalry.
Manatee will never play them. They have rivals already they do not want to legitimize this school also they know that they will steal their players. To tell you the truth man IMG is going to have a VERY hard time find games within 200 miles of Bradenton.

Honestly, my bro, you think with the financial backing their parent company has, that matters to them?High school is becoming a market - every year you see more televised games.

Maybe their goal all along been to gear up as one of the supreme high school football powers to play a national schedule against the best teams in the nation. That will flock great athletes to them.

We just hosted the 9th Annual Wally Keller Basketball tournemant in Punta Gorda two weekends ago.

The #1 Team in the country, Montverde with the #1 player, Ben Simmons, played Friday and Saturday afternoons - then on Monday night they were in an ESPN televised showcase game against a team from Vegas at the Baseketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Ma. That's a pretty tight scedule to make.

SK,

It is the AAU-ization of sports. I am too old to remember the days of Little League Baseball. You played on a team sponsored by a local business/church/union/department. You played maybe 14-15 games over 2 months, played in the playoffs, 1 and done. Season was maybe 3 months. After the season, the TOWN selected the best players for "travel" ball starting in 4th grade. Before that it was solely little league.

Now, baseball season is year round, these kids rarely play on local little leagues, but they still demand these fields for big weekend tournaments. Kids jump from team to team to find "the best fit". By the time these kids get to high school, these kids fall into two categories, kids who are burnt out on it or kids who see a future in it (which rarely ever happens).

The same is true for basketball, soccer, and volleyball. In basketball, it is all about showcasing against other "good" teams. High School coaches rarely get the chance to build players any more at the high school level.

So I won't be surprised if we get a bunch of IMGs in Texas, California, and the Midwest someplace.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT