ADVERTISEMENT

I have an honest question for the board

Honestly this has been the most active football season in quite some time.

Not a fan of the national board to be honest. Josh's board has a good mix of folks like here.

This board may be too intellectual for the average high school football fan; we probably need to dumb it down more. One recent newcomer comes to mind that has already started that process, so give it time MR HS and watch how it plays out.

More interest in high school football is the only way to drum up conversation, which has been lacking on here for some time.

Problem with HS football lately is that there is very little that is fresh, exciting, or different. Recruited up private schools win the majority of title. South Florida dominates otherwise due to a concentration of talent and lack of enforcement of transfer rules compared to other parts of the state.

It has frankly become quite boring and predictable. Gone are the days when there was parity between public schools around the state. In your area, the days of Nease and St. Augustine being real threats are long gone. Nobody from the panhandle has won in forever. Tampa is mediocre again. SW Florida, outside of Naples having a title or two, has no real shot. Even a program like Mainland can't break through.

Reactions: Roadkillav8r
The only real solutions are less classes and more real competition. I'm all for separating private and public schools with an "open championship" bowl game after the playoffs between the teams perceived to be the top 2 in the state (public or private), like in California.

I'd have 2 private school classes (the tiniest private schools should play in independent conferences and self-govern).

I'd have 3 or 4 public school classes.

Most of us on here post about our schools, there's just so much you can post - I've posted the Charlotte scores, good, bad and ugly, weekly for years. Means something to me not many others. This board actually covers SW Florida and North Florida more because of the people who stayed here - And 181 is right; SW Florida will probably never get a State Title because most of the good programs play in the same classification as the Stacked teams from metro areas where there are enough great athletes that can congregate at the hot school like STA, Central, NW in the day, BTW, Armwood. For about a decade Charlotte played in those classification where one or more of those teams were Top 10 or Top 5 in the Nation. Heck when we beat STA, we were ranked for the first time ever National ranking at 10 for a week till we lost in the next round.

You probably could have put the best at each position from Naples, Ft Myers and Charlotte this season and still not beaten Miami Central.

Reactions: peezy28
Not a fan of the national board to be honest. Josh's board has a good mix of folks like here.
yh, honestly there are a lot of jerks on the national board, only reason i go on is so i know what people have to say and to see of any cool out of state games happening, but i will say this board is not that bad, i do like joshuas board more, but thats bc i have been there and kinda built a friendship with basically everyone on the board so i generally post more on there and because its easier to get them to talk about columbia on there then on here

It's not as busy but I've seen it in worst shape than this.

I agree that only a few schools are dominating the state. That kind of takes the wind out of our sails. Maybe we need you on here more often, Mr HiSchool!

Most of us on here post about our schools, there's just so much you can post - I've posted the Charlotte scores, good, bad and ugly, weekly for years. Means something to me not many others. This board actually covers SW Florida and North Florida more because of the people who stayed here - And 181 is right; SW Florida will probably never get a State Title because most of the good programs play in the same classification as the Stacked teams from metro areas where there are enough great athletes that can congregate at the hot school like STA, Central, NW in the day, BTW, Armwood. For about a decade Charlotte played in those classification where one or more of those teams were Top 10 or Top 5 in the Nation. Heck when we beat STA, we were ranked for the first time ever National ranking at 10 for a week till we lost in the next round.

You probably could have put the best at each position from Naples, Ft Myers and Charlotte this season and still not beaten Miami Central.
Only Carol city had the chance but shit the bed on the 2nd round and if Norland had any life on their offense they would have definitely beat MC.....

The only real solutions are less classes and more real competition. I'm all for separating private and public schools with an "open championship" bowl game after the playoffs between the teams perceived to be the top 2 in the state (public or private), like in California.

I'd have 2 private school classes (the tiniest private schools should play in independent conferences and self-govern).

I'd have 3 or 4 public school classes.

I'm okay with this.... All though it'll just be STA winning 30 championships in a row. Might as well add IMG to the class lol

yh, honestly there are a lot of jerks on the national board, only reason i go on is so i know what people have to say and to see of any cool out of state games happening, but i will say this board is not that bad, i do like joshuas board more, but thats bc i have been there and kinda built a friendship with basically everyone on the board so i generally post more on there and because its easier to get them to talk about columbia on there then on here
Post some highlights of Columbia's season if you have access

Idk what your advertising budget is but try and get some banners for sponsoring teams maybe a focal team in certain areas of the state and get some radio ads on the high schools stations. This can be carried over into other sports as well. More exposure, more traffic, more conversations. Lord knows parents love to talk about there kids and schools. Let them know about the site. More people have smart phones and computer access now then when I joined 10+ years ago and this board was hugely active back then.

Honestly this has been the most active football season in quite some time.
Why was this year different ?? What teams made it active or was a special edition added?? There are already a few HS football message boards out there and when one is confined to one state what are you going to change??

Last edited:
Can't answer that, just more people have come back to the board with a few new people that weren't here in years past. Some folk who were ran off came back as well.

I honestly don't think singular message boards like this one will ever be what they were in the late 90's early 00's. Social Media has driven away much traffic IMO.

I honestly don't think singular message boards like this one will ever be what they were in the late 90's early 00's. Social Media has driven away much traffic IMO.

There it is. We have a winner.

Can't answer that, just more people have come back to the board with a few new people that weren't here in years past. Some folk who were ran off came back as well.

Bingo, social media... Merry Christmas peezy..

Why no post's on the 7/8-man team you're the HBC for this year, Mr HiSchool?

Go Canes Go!

I came on here when my son's coach told the team that their next opponent in the playoffs was trash talking them. I don't want the trash talk to come back but we definitely need someone from every school to give some info on their team. Even someone representing an area would be great.

Choctaw, I remember that back in the day kids actually used to post on here... NOw I would say the only "kids" that post are the same "kids" who were "kids" when the site was called floridakids.net LOL

So that would be Me, SPCJESS, and Kibid.

I'm one of those kids and I still type floridakids.net in new browsers lol. Started posting my junior year.

There may or may not have been a team in Jax that would post as fans of Baker Co., First Coast, and Raines that would trash talk themselves and get their kids WAY FIRED UP.

Teams that are winning for the first time in a few seasons will bring new people to the boards. Advertisement is always wise as long as it doesn't drag your budget under. Advertise in areas where schools are on a 6 or 7 win streak and about to play another decent team. You can always put up a banner at a schools website when they are on a run.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
My biggest issue is the transfer rules that favor the large metropolitan areas over more rural areas of the state. The same schools win year after year, statistically that is impossible so they must be cheating. In addition, I think panhandle teams have an increased travel burden imposed on them in the playoffs. Orlando may be the central part of the state but Key West only has one high school, so the Keys skew the geographic center in favor of southern teams. I can deal with travel but the transfer issue must be fixed. I still love seeing kids play football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT