ADVERTISEMENT

Herald Article on Aquinas

No, they played a team out of their class. I'm sure the 1A champ doesn't want to play the 8A champ. It's the same type of thing. Different level.

If you ask Pahokee folk they would disagree... They will play any of the other 7 champs tomorrow if you let them. #MUCKNEVERSCARED

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Sooo Carol City competed with IMG and loss by 10 you think their crying about it.. They would want another shot at IMG and STA is not running no clock on Carol City... Put Plant in 6a down here their not making the playoffs... Carol city played a great defense of match up with Lake Gibson... LG came to play but it's a reason Carol City still won... Just like BTW got up to play STA... Keep crabbing about STA and how unstoppable they are, but that was the same team they had last year that lost to Deerfield and this year lost to BTW... You won't have to worry about STA playing a dade school.... Can't wait till they lose a game down here again . I would love to here the excuse making you will be making....

You will here "well its early in the season bet they won't play them in the playoffs" Like it was said about BTW

If you ask Pahokee folk they would disagree... They will play any of the other 7 champs tomorrow if you let them. #MUCKNEVERSCARED
That's the thing with 181 he thinks everybody down here is scared of STA cause those guys up there are scared of STA smh... Ain't no pussy football down here... Rodger Harriet been at STA for 2 years now, how many undefeated seasons he hs with this super team of his?

Reactions: peezy28
You will here "well its early in the season bet they won't play them in the playoffs" Like it was said about BTW
Nope can't use that excuse cause just before they lost to BTW they beat Dillard 51-0... I know it was a preseason but you put up 51 points with your whole squad back

Sooo Carol City competed with IMG and loss by 10 you think their crying about it.. They would want another shot at IMG and STA is not running no clock on Carol City... Put Plant in 6a down here their not making the playoffs... Carol city played a great defense of match up with Lake Gibson... LG came to play but it's a reason Carol City still won... Just like BTW got up to play STA... Keep crabbing about STA and how unstoppable they are, but that was the same team they had last year that lost to Deerfield and this year lost to BTW... You won't have to worry about STA playing a dade school.... Can't wait till they lose a game down here again . I would love to here the excuse making you will be making....

IMG did not stop them from going to the state championship so MCC is not going to complain about it.

IMG did not stop them from going to the state championship so MCC is not going to complain about it.
No team stop them ... But they weren't complaining about their transfers and how they operate. They strap it up n played ball.

That's the thing with 181 he thinks everybody down here is scared of STA cause those guys up there are scared of STA smh... Ain't no pussy football down here... Rodger Harriet been at STA for 2 years now, how many undefeated seasons he hs with this super team of his?

I'll say this again. Any team that is allowed to recruit 50+ power 5 D1 prospects to a HS team should not compete with any public school team. Your opinion aside, I'm pretty sure all 75+ head coaches in 7A not named Roger Harriot agree with this position.

I'll say this again. Any team that is allowed to recruit 50+ power 5 D1 prospects to a HS team should not compete with any public school team. Your opinion aside, I'm pretty sure all 75+ head coaches in 7A not named Roger Harriot agree with this position.

Where is the line drawn then? How many public schools attract top level talent from their local areas idk like Aaron Murray and Orson Charles and Bo Peek? Are those okay because it's less than 40 I don't understand the requirements.

Where is the line drawn then? How many public schools attract top level talent from their local areas idk like Aaron Murray and Orson Charles and Bo Peek? Are those okay because it's less than 40 I don't understand the requirements.

The line would be very simple. Private schools compete in private school classes for titles. Public schools compete with public schools for titles. Can't get any easier. Have an open bowl game like Cali after the season if some team is chippy and up for the Aquinas challenge.

With thr caveat that if you receive 1 football transfer you have to play in the private league got it lol

Nope... all or nothing you recieve 1 Orson Charles

1 James Wilder

1 whop phyler

You play in open class

Fortunately your opinion is just like mine on this topic. Worthless. We'll see what happens when the athletic directors get together to discuss this with the FHSAA

JD i can tell you what will happen... Business as usual you will never see a public private split in Florida.

Fortunately your opinion is just like mine on this topic. Worthless. We'll see what happens when the athletic directors get together to discuss this with the FHSAA
JD i can tell you what will happen... Business as usual you will never see a public private split in Florida.
They way he's talking you would think he's talking about the 7a schools down here are complaining about STA too....

You guys need to step away from the talent comparisons and look at the schematics for a second.

Plant didn't get raped because of STA's talent, they got raped because they came into that came with a horrible scheme on defense. Schematically they never even gave themselves a chance. You can't cover STA's slot WR's with a Safety on an island, 9 yards off, with no help underneath from the Linebackers. That's the equivalent of playing Cover-0. STA picked this apart all game. It doesn't get much worse than Plant's intermediate pass defense against STA. I was baffled. They gave STA everything they wanted and took away nothing.

I moved to the West Coast from South Florida in August. One thing I've noticed about many programs on this side of the state is that they're far behind when it comes to the passing game. (specifically defending the pass) Teams just don't throw the ball over here like they do in Broward and Dade County, thus many of the defenses aren't caught up to speed. The look that Plant gave STA on defense, I've seen it numerous times since I've been over here. Don't get me wrong, there are some teams on this side that throw the ball well, but EVERYBODY in South FLA spreads it out and chucks the ball, so most of the defenses have a better understanding of how to line-up properly against it. Truthfully I think the defenses on this side are a little bit behind. And for that reason I think there's quite a few teams from South FLA that would beat Plant.

Not the same team jack leg. They had 21 transfers, I mean 21 BCS transfers this off-season. Do act like this is the same team as last year. I think what you guys are missing is that STA has taken it to a new level this year. Let me explain to you about these all-star teams like STA and IMG. They struggle the beginning of the year until they get things going. I'll post facts here shortly. But, stop talking STA last year they took it to a new level this year, so focus on this year and the future. Can you understand this? STA this year. IMG has basically been at this level for 3 years or 2. I'll post facts here shortly

IMG has been at this level for 3 years lost one game. Hey you keep saying Carol City played them. Not seeing it on max preps. Was it a scrimmage? Or kick off classic or something?

Some of us saw them this year and last year live in Orlando for the championships. From the one game eye test alone (2015, 2016) the consensus was last year's team looked stronger. So who Knows ? Of the eight champions they did appear to have the better all round team in Orlando. They are good in all phases of the game, but unbeatable they are not.

Reactions: DarterBlue2
Some of us saw them this year and last year live in Orlando for the championships. From the one game eye test alone (2015, 2016) the consensus was last year's team looked stronger. So who Knows ? Of the eight champions they did appear to have the better all round team in Orlando. They are good in all phases of the game, but unbeatable they are not.
Last year they where no where close to where they are this year. You probably think footballs are stuffed as well. 16' STA beat "15 STA by 3 scores.

15' STA 492 PF 159 PA
16' STA 571 PF 116 PA (5 running clocks)

15' STA play-offs 185 PF 34 PA
16' STA play-offs 213 PF 14 PA (2 running clock)

STA would running clock every team in every class at this point. Maybe a CC or LG is able to keep it reasonable, but I can't seen them scoring more than 10-14 against STA and you know STA is going to put up at least 28 against any team with a full game effort.

STA is not putting a running clock on everybody, certainly not the teams in Miami. Shoot, Southridge has more than enough talent to keep it respectable against STA. They are loaded.

JD's team just got destroyed he can't see through the woods... JD's team also made a ton of mistakes and didn't have the talent in the secondary to compete with STA but lets leave that part out of it... running clock everyone LMAO.

Reactions: 181pl
Last year they where no where close to where they are this year. You probably think footballs are stuffed as well. 16' STA beat "15 STA by 3 scores.
Hey man, you're just another condescending know it all. Who in reality knows nothing. How many championships have you seen over the years ? Ever been out of your region to watch high school football ? Out of state ? Many here have seen the great teams from Lincoln, Northwestern, Central, Lakeland, Bolles, Manatee, Bel Glades, St Thomas, and many more. We ain't blinded by the stats. We been there done that and moved on. Stop taking yourself so seriously young fella. You still got a lot to learn.

You said STA had 21 transfers this year? Yea this dude don't know what the bleep he's talking about... They basically had the same team this year just without Sam Bruce and Boss and a couple of oline men.... Can't take that dude seriously anymore.. He's stuck in that Sarasota area and think that 2016 Venice was the best team ever.... This guy is killing me lmao!!!

I agree about this team being better. Not sure about being by 3 scores. Last year was plagued with some big injuries though. With a healthy nick bosa would be hard to do anything against. Both squads would have a really tough time scoring IMO.

Thank you. You are proving my point that it is not the same team. They play in Texas vs a top 25 team. Let's see how they do.
So you guys think they should be competing against public schools?

You said STA had 21 transfers this year? Yea this dude don't know what the bleep he's talking about... They basically had the same team this year just without Sam Bruce and Boss and a couple of oline men.... Can't take that dude seriously anymore.. He's stuck in that Sarasota area and think that 2016 Venice was the best team ever.... This guy is killing me lmao!!!

Nah bro, they had quite a few transfers.

My buddy at Western lost his #1 offensive player to STA. Kid has offers from everybody in the country and barely gets the football.

You guys need to step away from the talent comparisons and look at the schematics for a second.

Plant didn't get raped because of STA's talent, they got raped because they came into that came with a horrible scheme on defense. Schematically they never even gave themselves a chance. You can't cover STA's slot WR's with a Safety on an island, 9 yards off, with no help underneath from the Linebackers. That's the equivalent of playing Cover-0. STA picked this apart all game. It doesn't get much worse than Plant's intermediate pass defense against STA. I was baffled. They gave STA everything they wanted and took away nothing.

I moved to the West Coast from South Florida in August. One thing I've noticed about many programs on this side of the state is that they're far behind when it comes to the passing game. (specifically defending the pass) Teams just don't throw the ball over here like they do in Broward and Dade County, thus many of the defenses aren't caught up to speed. The look that Plant gave STA on defense, I've seen it numerous times since I've been over here. Don't get me wrong, there are some teams on this side that throw the ball well, but EVERYBODY in South FLA spreads it out and chucks the ball, so most of the defenses have a better understanding of how to line-up properly against it. Truthfully I think the defenses on this side are a little bit behind. And for that reason I think there's quite a few teams from South FLA that would beat Plant.

I don't know your background CoachMacho but you either used to coach in SFL or are very connected....Don't be giving too much SFL HS Football trade secret away. ;)

Reactions: CoachMacho
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT