ADVERTISEMENT

Handicapper

Handicapper is here. I have been tuning in here and there on this forum. Not overly surprised about the outcome of STA @ Venice. I have posting on the other board since March about the overall limited talent ( relative to recent years), struggles and what I feel challenges of STA , particularly offensively and any posters on the other board will attest to that.

TBH I am happy for Venice that they have proven one another, and their own HC wrong (in his own words to close last season), talking about how it is impossible to beat STA. Public schools beat or give STA tight games nearly every year in SFL. STA was significantly challenged this year versus very good teams, particularly offensively. Venice is a very good team that appeared to be at least as good as last year or better and Home. Again, not overly surprised they got the W. Many believe I am some STA homer, but that is not the case. In fact I saw two teams this year in Broward that were better, and 2 other teams that were as good or better. I do recognize great teams though and Venice has been a great team this year.

Congratulations to the Venice Indians and BOL in Orlando. Venice will likely be seeing a better offense then STA in Bartram Trail but I think Venice could put a 50 spot up on them as well. Now go finish the job!

Last edited:
But STA has over 20+ power 5 conference guys. How can they be limited on offense? Is the coaching that bad?

Overall, STA much more talented last year. I don't know if it was depth or starpower/talent... But you look at the last two years compared to this year. The 2016 stable of RBs for example versus this year. Who was the Trevon Grimes of STA this year? Not to use QB Jake Allen as another example but Allen runs circles around the SO QB STA had going.

Should they be doing more with that talent. Absolutely. I have no problem admitting Venice did more with less. You saw the game, you know the positions on STA that were weak, you know the offensive playbook is nothing special. Remember, I'm the one that kept stating on here that public schools can sometimes compete with and once in a while upset STA.....Please just take my word STA is not a Broward County All Star team and they never have been. They are still a great team in terms of depth but were not as star studded this year.

I stated multiple times on the other site for nearly a year, that STA was vulnerable this year. I don't play favorites with teams and was never in it to bash Venice. Last year, Venice did not match up well with STA. This year Venice was home, improved, hungry and they faced a down STA team. I don't say that to take away from Venice's great win for the program. I hope you would agree throughout this year STA seemed more vulnerable and ripe to get beat then usual?

Here is the game if anyone is interested:

Reactions: Columbiahighfan
Overall, STA much more talented last year. I don't know if it was depth or starpower/talent... But you look at the last two years compared to this year. The 2016 stable of RBs for example versus this year. Who was the Trevon Grimes of STA this year? Not to use QB Jake Allen as another example but Allen runs circles around the SO QB STA had going.

Should they be doing more with that talent. Absolutely. I have no problem admitting Venice did more with less. You saw the game, you know the positions on STA that were weak, you know the offensive playbook is nothing special. Remember, I'm the one that kept stating on here that public schools can sometimes compete with and once in a while upset STA.....Please just take my word STA is not a Broward County All Star team and they never have been. They are still a great team in terms of depth but were not as star studded this year.

I stated multiple times on the other site for nearly a year, that STA was vulnerable this year. I don't play favorites with teams and was never in it to bash Venice. Last year, Venice did not match up well with STA. This year Venice was home, improved, hungry and they faced a down STA team. I don't say that to take away from Venice's great win for the program. I hope you would agree throughout this year STA seemed more vulnerable and ripe to get beat then usual?

Here is the game if anyone is interested:

That's entire game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT