ADVERTISEMENT

Slap Nation Roll Call

Broadway Joe

Jun 12, 2001
Where yall at gentleman? It's getting close to the playoffs...let's get this party started.

Slap Nation, I believe has seen its best days. Now days most are card carrying members of AARP, and are more in tune with what day of the week "Golden Coral" is offering senior discounts then engaging in the online perversity of Slap...........or so I've heard anyways?

Last edited:
You feeling froggy enough to call your shot like I did on January 12, 1969... The playoffs start this week!

I watched Joe, rack his knee at Tampa Stadium in 1971 against the Lions...(was my 1st Pro game), drunk guy at halftime about 3-4 rows back was making all kinds of bets with folks sitting around him, and some how or another my Dad ended up holding the money from all the bets......it was a eye opener for me! Never been around or seen that number of obviously inebriated individuals in one place or grown people throw money around like that on bets! I was 11 at the time.........

Which classifications are you interested in, in as far as picking winners?

Joe, saw you in the Orange Bowl 1969 when they bussed our 6-0 undefeated Charlotte Jr. High Hurricanes across the Alley for a pre-season vs the Fins. Remember, you hit Maynard for 75 yards on a flea-flicker first play of the game? And you were sporting that cool Fu Manchu at the time before shaving it off for the Schick Razor commercial. Thanks for coming up to us kids on you way off the field and asking "How did you guys like the game?" I never attended a pro game again without a camera.

Alas, now the Orange Bowl is in the same boat as Chap.23; little more than a memory of greatness.

Well, it's also gained quite a reputation as The Curse of the Orange Bowl for the Canes and Fins that haven't done jack- squat since the City of Miami and Manny Diaz's Mayor dad unceremoniously tore it down. I don't care if my buddy missed 3 NFL Passing records waiting in line to piss - I got to see Danny break all 5 that Monday night against the Cowboys. It was one of the most historic sports venues in America - even the Bay of Pigs veterans held a rally there.

The Orange Bowl had the hottest broads in the land! Only place I didn't wear the fur coat in January!!! I relocated to South Florida after my playing days. The old knees feel better!

• Love
Reactions: Silver King
Man, yall gotta go way back to the beginning. Florida Kids. Larry Blustein. Mr. High School, Steve Berry. They all know Broadway Joe.

Reactions: MarkECannon
he played for Bama and the Jets. He got drunk on TV and tried to kiss Suzy Kolber. He's retired now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT