ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Baldwin quarterback Jalen Hitchens
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“My team and I have been on a grind this summer building chemistry and learning more and more from our coaches everyday so that we can be prepared for this upcoming season.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“I feel that I have improved on my consistency as a quarterback and it’s just getting better the harder I work.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel as if my team will have a great winning season this year and have the potential to make a very far run in the playoffs.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think the toughest competition will be Baker County or Ed White but if we work hard and dominate, we can pull the win.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“N/A.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Ida Baker wide receiver Jordan Rizzo
“Well, me and my team have been putting in work in the off season. We don’t have a bunch of off days so we try to put in as much work as we can while also getting the proper amount of rest, but we are definitely improving as an overall team and individuals.”

“I believe my biggest improvement is my route running. I really worked on that to create better separation from the defenders while also putting in a lot of work in the weight room in the off season.”

“I believe our team will do pretty good this season, we definitely have the players to compete and we are only getting better this off season. This season should be a good one.”

“I believe Lehigh will be our toughest opponent. They are a very talented team with pretty high-ranked players including 5-star Richard Young at running back and 4-star Kelton Henderson.”

“I believe Richard Young will be our toughest individual to face, [he’s] a real hard fast runner, no real big hole in his game, [he] holds offers from every major school in the country. [He] should be a fun matchup coming this fall.”

Q&A with Cambridge Christian School quarterback Chris Stephenson
“We have been emphasizing making workouts and all summer activities a priority in order to build a foundation early so we can be successful when the season comes around.”

“My biggest improvement has been my improving mental strength during everything I do, whether it’s lifting or going over plays and teaching them to the team. Keeping my mind strong has helped me overcome any adversity that has been thrown and will be thrown my way.”

“I feel confident that we will successfully compete from start to finish in every game that we have this year.”

“I feel that if we prepare properly for every opponent then we should compete to our best no matter who we play.”

“I feel if we stay focused on the overall team and approach each team the way we need to then our guys will be prepared against any team we will face.”

Q&A with Mainland quarterback Damarcus Creecy
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Weightlifting with my high school, training twice a week with my QB trainers and throwing most of the week with my receivers after practices.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Accuracy when rolling to my left.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“No doubt.. State winners.”

“Osceola.”

“Not sure.”

Q&A with Westminster Academy quarterback Anthony Barbar
“This week we’ve been counselors at Westminster Academy’s football camp. It’s great to give back to our school and see the younger kids enjoy the game and learn to love it like we do. We’ve had great turnout at workouts all summer. We’ve been lifting, running and throwing. We’ve really pushed each other to get better.”

“I’ve worked hard on improving my footwork, timing with my receivers, and improving my knowledge of the game. This summer I’ve met with our defensive coaches to understand coverages better and take advantage of mismatches in the defense.”

“We had a very young team last year that is returning most of our starters. We’ve added a few new players and we’re all a year older with another year of experience. I’m excited to build on our success from last year and continue to bring back a winning culture to WA.”

“Each game will bring a different challenge. There are a few new teams on our schedule and we’re looking forward to the competition. We have talked about each week being a one game season.”

“Each team has impact players that can change a game. I love our guys and I’d take our guys over anyone we play against.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News