ADVERTISEMENT

FAU, hope OSU paid you a lot to play this game...

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
...down 28-0 and your Stud running back gets his knee rolled up. And, it's only just half-way through the 1st Quarter.

Absolutley hate seeing these mis-matched games at any level - I don't think they do much for either team. After watching Miami and Florida, somewhat evenly matched teams last week, even as desperate as I am for college ball; I'm turning it off.

I also hate it for the not-ready-for-prime-time players' sake. FAU, how about putting some of that pay-off money away for that kid for after football when he's still dealing with that knee injury, long after you forgot about him?

The RB who was injured had a foot or ankle injury (not a knee). Per TV announcers, he originally signed with Alabama. played as a freshman, then dropped out of school, went to a junior college and was signed by Kiffen to play for FAU this year.

After quickly going down 28-0 in the first 10 minutes, FAU did much better - only giving up 14 in the last 50.

Yes many of these match-ups turn out to be completely lopsided, but not all of them. South Dakota State, an FCS school, gave Minnesota all they wanted on Friday night in Minneapolis and South Alabama stymied the Nebraska offense today in Lincoln until the Cornhuskers pulled away late with two TDs via defensive turnovers.

And who can ever forget about Appalachian State knocking off Michigan a few years ago when the Wolverines were ranked in the Top 10?

Personally, I prefer to see Ohio State schedule their early non-conference games against Ohio-based schools (e.g., Ohio U, Toledo, Kent State. etc.). This enables many Ohio kids a chance to realize a life-long dream, to suit up and play in front of 105,000 people in the Horseshoe.

Yeah, I saw by the score it settled down. Plus there were some upsets today. I guess we don't have to hear about Tennessee anymore...

For me the best two games to start this college season -- that went down to the last play -- were evenly matched teams like Gators and Canes or Oregon and Auburn.

The loser (not likely for any of those teams, but a statistical possibility) can still make the National Title game if they win out - like they used to say, if you're going to lose, lose early.

You also get your Georgia State and Tennessee games as well. Or your Wyoming Missouri.

I would agree though I would rather see FAU/FIU/FAMU/BCU playing the Gators than Towson or Tennessee-Martin

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT