ADVERTISEMENT

Enhancements at UCF Stadium

Choctaw_fan

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2003
What is wrong with these people? They are ruining sports. Wait until the sun beats down on that sand in September and no one can bear to get near it. This is supposed to bring more people into the stadium. Add a few more seats and you can easily accomplish that. Many have said for years that the stadium was way too small.

I go to sporting events to watch the game. I always get there at least an hour early no matter if it's high school or the pros, football or any other sport. I don't need a beach or a swimming pool or a slide or any of these distractions to help me enjoy the game. If you need these things, send your tickets to me. Apparently, I would appreciate the chance to watch a game much more than you!

UCF Knights Build Beach Club

Add a few more seats? I don't think you understand the situation. They are not selling out or coming close. They are trying to attract more fans to their games. Adding more seats to an already empty stadium is not the answer. I do agree with you however that this isn't the answer either. Orlando metro has more Gator and Seminole fans than UCF fans. Also UCF students are typically not diehard football fans. If I were UCF I would use my resources to join a Power 5 conference and get more exposure. They are playing good football down there however playing in the AAC doesn't excite anyone. Their stadium is also very very very bland. They could use some sort of creative energy however I'm not buying this "beach" idea.

Brilliant Idea, you hire a few spirit minded co-eds to wearing skimpy bathing suits to serve, set up a cigar humidor off to one side, get a lawn sprinkler going and you're off an running.

Originally posted by AmstaffNole:
Add a few more seats? I don't think you understand the situation. They are not selling out or coming close. They are trying to attract more fans to their games. Adding more seats to an already empty stadium is not the answer. I do agree with you however that this isn't the answer either. Orlando metro has more Gator and Seminole fans than UCF fans. Also UCF students are typically not diehard football fans. If I were UCF I would use my resources to join a Power 5 conference and get more exposure. They are playing good football down there however playing in the AAC doesn't excite anyone. Their stadium is also very very very bland. They could use some sort of creative energy however I'm not buying this "beach" idea.
What they need are some big name opponents to come to Orlando. UCF was putting 20K in the Citrus Bowl, which really looked empty. When its a big game, the fans will come out. UCF's quality ooc games are usually on the road. Last year South Carolina was a good draw at home but again not enough of these games. Like you said, maybe they should put their resources into getting into the BIG12 but even that is a long shot for now.

Wait for it.................here comes the "Nobody will schedule us!" excuse..... patience.....
This post was edited on 1/27 7:58 PM by redfishron

Originally posted by Choctaw_fan:

I go to sporting events to watch the game.
It will be similar to FAU's deck. I like the idea. If you like watching football then it will probably be a little better because of the addition as it will only help with recruiting.

Nobody will force you into a bikini and make you visit the club. Continue watching your football from your normal seats! Nothing has changed for you.

A lot of ignorant responses so let me help you out.

First, how does putting resources get UCF into a P5 conference? UCF already have very good facilities and the school is pretty damn nice as well.

Second, scheduling is a problem and it is difficult to get P5 schools to UCF. Case in point, UCF had a deal all but done with Syacuse, fuse pulled out at the last second and scheduled usf instead. Why, UCF is viewed as a tough game where usf not so much. Other problems, conferences only want OOC road games scheduled with other P5 teams. The ACC recently approved BYU as a OOC road game saying they were equivalent to a P5 team even though they were 0-2 against the AAC last year.

Attendance, sorry to break it to you but in 2013, UCF attendance averaged 42,084 in a 45,000 seat stadium. There 11 P5 teams that had lower attendance than UCF and UCF was second only to ECU for non P5 schools. In 2013, UCF averaged 37,978 with a very weak home schedule.

Finally the need for the club. UCF has one club section with about 900 seats where you pay $2,500 for two seats plus GKC dues. That club section as been sold out for since the stadium opened and there is a waiting list for seats there that stretches years long. By adding more club seats it is a pure money generation program and those club seats will sell out quickly raising more money for UCF. As to FSU's stadium, before the loop hole was closed due to FSU using state funds to close in Doak Cambell, Doak looked very similar to Bright House.

This post was edited on 2/3 11:50 AM by Sir Galahad

Well, being an alum, and sitting in that section several times, I can tell you, it's like sitting in a roasting pan with the heat turned to 250, it's a slow burn. Surrounded by aluminum doing nothing but reflecting all that sun and lovely Florida heat back up in your face when most of our games are scheduled mid-day because our HBC is about 80 nowadays and he wants to be done in time for his afternoon nap/bedtime. I think the same person that made the additions/improvements to Tropicana field must've pulled the trigger on this one. Just wipes out too much seating. Where big time programs are adding seats to increase to 70...80...90,000 we're removing seats to make an area where people who have money to waste will 'maybe' waste their money... I guess you have to make all those wealthy engineer alums happy and comfortable in the squalor of a fake "beach" in the middle of a football stadium in Orlando (a good 45 minutes to an hour from any kind of coastline). This is a nice idea, if we were selling out and had a humongous stadium.... but no.

Cobra, you clearly have little business sense. It's about money just like every other school.

Sir Galahad, you have such a charming demeanor about you. I hope you get all these misinformed fellas straightened out.

Sir lala land, do the rest of the ucf alumni on this board a favor and stop posting. You're embarrassing us, you're too dense to understand why or how.

Originally posted by Bocefous70:
Sir lala land, do the rest of the ucf alumni on this board a favor and stop posting. You're embarrassing us, you're too dense to understand why or how.
So let me understand this. A person that has a rivals membership but never posts on UCF boards is calling out a 23 year season ticket holder who gives at the highest level to UCF. Yup, I'm embarrassing UCF. Let me tell you what embarrasses UCF, empty seats and a large alumni base. Where do you stand on that?
This post was edited on 2/5 7:19 AM by Sir Galahad

Originally posted by COBRACommand:
... Florida heat back up in your face when most of our games are scheduled mid-day because our HBC is about 80 nowadays and he wants to be done in time for his afternoon nap/bedtime. ...
That's some funny shit right there.

Originally posted by blackpopsicle:

Originally posted by COBRACommand:
... Florida heat back up in your face when most of our games are scheduled mid-day because our HBC is about 80 nowadays and he wants to be done in time for his afternoon nap/bedtime. ...
That's some funny shit right there.
You know how you can tell cobra is full of it and is not a real UCF fan, two of UCF's six home games were at noon, two the same number as the Gators.

I don't know what you want me to say. I'm a high school math teacher who graduated 2010 and donates $1000 a year to the school as well as buys season tickets. I don't feel the need to post on a ucf only board because I get all the news I need from the school. The only reason I posted on here to you is because your incessant rants that are not factual or sound make the rest of the alumni look bad. You think these people argue with you and dislike you because they're jealous? Share some of that peyote you're on. Every time you turn a normal talking point into an argument trying to prove our worth and value on the national stage you do the inverse. If you don't quit soon you're just going to keep our reputation on this board on a downward spiral.

So you only post here because of my posts, sure. As Ive said before, if I embarrass UCF by my actions I only wish there were 100,000 just as embarrassing. At least I attended UCF unlike 90% of all UF, FSU and UM fans including this board. I am an actual booster of my school and I keep my cheering to the stands and boards, I don't contact, tweet or whatever else you can do to steer kids to schools like some on this board.

At least I attended UCF unlike 90% of all UF, FSU and UM fans including this board.

No gripe with you Sir but really you don't have to be so condescending... LIke really there is no need for all of that. Your right the Big 3 have LARGE fan bases that have not actually attended the schools because they are Florida's premier 3 universities and many kids grow up loving those schools. I went to FAMU and FSU have degree's from both but I could have went to UCF and I still would have been an FSU fan because I grew up loving the teams.

The way your statement reads your a bad fan or not a fan if you root for a school you didn't attend (lets just forget about the people who are not even in college yet)

My wife went to UCF and we go to at least 2 games a year so I consider myself a secondary fan of UCF. I always root for them especially since they never cross our path. The problem is right now kids don't grow up just loving or being a fan of UCF, USF, FAU, FIU yet... UCF has become the upper echelon of that group and trying to pound down the door to the premier league (the big 3) and have been doing a pretty darn good job doing that lately but still kids are not growing up just being a die hard UCF fan... The UCF fanbase likely does have a higher percentage of people who are fans and attended than the big 3 because your fan base is alumni driven.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you I just ask try not to be too condescending. I understand you defending yourself though.

Originally posted by peezy28:
At least I attended UCF unlike 90% of all UF, FSU and UM fans including this board.

No gripe with you Sir but really you don't have to be so condescending... LIke really there is no need for all of that. Your right the Big 3 have LARGE fan bases that have not actually attended the schools because they are Florida's premier 3 universities and many kids grow up loving those schools. I went to FAMU and FSU have degree's from both but I could have went to UCF and I still would have been an FSU fan because I grew up loving the teams.

The way your statement reads your a bad fan or not a fan if you root for a school you didn't attend (lets just forget about the people who are not even in college yet)

My wife went to UCF and we go to at least 2 games a year so I consider myself a secondary fan of UCF. I always root for them especially since they never cross our path. The problem is right now kids don't grow up just loving or being a fan of UCF, USF, FAU, FIU yet... UCF has become the upper echelon of that group and trying to pound down the door to the premier league (the big 3) and have been doing a pretty darn good job doing that lately but still kids are not growing up just being a die hard UCF fan... The UCF fanbase likely does have a higher percentage of people who are fans and attended than the big 3 because your fan base is alumni driven.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you I just ask try not to be too condescending. I understand you defending yourself though.
Maybe so but its the trashing of UCF and their fans that is what brings this out. I get there are more fans of UF and FSU, I don't buy the Miami stuff. I'm a native Floridian, my father played football at UF, I played football in this state, dated a Gator Getter, married an FSU cheerleader, and my wife's family is directly involved with FSU athletics, I get it. What I won't put up with is fans of other schools trashing UCF about its attendance, facilities and such when the person bashing UCF never attended the school they cheer for and compare to UCF, never gives a dime to that school and has no idea what its like to grow a Div 1 football program with the restrictions being put on schools like UCF through conferences like the SEC.

UCF has accomplished more on the field in the past ten years than 90% of all the "P5" schools, without the $20,000,000+ a year from TV money. These people have no idea what UCF has to do to schedule teams to play at UCF, its not easy to convince schools to play at UCF when they know there is a good chance of losing. I remember when South Carolina played UCF two years ago. The USC fans were complaining about the game and why the game had to be played at UCF, I listened to a USC call in show where they were asking the AD why did USC have to go to Orlando for this game and why not jus schedule a cupcake to play at USC.

It's easy being a UF or FSU fan that is why so many are.

Hate to tell you but I live in Northern Virginia and have been able to watch many UCF games over the past few years, especially since they joined the AAC. They ARE getting the TV money. And, if they would regularly schedule the top three in Florida, they would get much more.

And I would have trashed any program in Florida that thought they needed to add a beach to their football stadium. I lived down there way too long to know that sand gets blazing hot in the sun. Besides, the stadium is an hour from a real beach.

Let's start applying some intelligent logic to what we put in football stadiums. Let's put comfortable individual seats instead of benches. Let's add more bathrooms for women. Sorry, we take longer! And, start selling alcohol because you're losing money when all the alcohol is being consumed outside at the tailgate parties.

Finally, do not charge an arm and leg just so you can pay millions to a coach. That coach isn't playing the games. Those unpaid recruits are. I'm not saying pay the athletes. I'm saying keep costs down so everyone can afford to go to the games. Because true fans will attend games whether the team is winning or losing.

Also SG, when UCF gets good enough where they start talking about the Big 4, and I think they're very close, then you may not want to enforce your personal view that seems like you're saying because you didn't go to a school, you can't be a fan.

You may be an expert on the business of this deal, but you're missing the point on the entertainment value of college football - you can bet your friends in finance, don't only want your money, but they deperatley want lots of other fans to come aboard who didn't go there. So, welcome them, because a vast majority of the people who did go to UCF, or other schools who have attendance issues, apparently aren't supporting them enough or they wouldn't have to use gimics to bring in a larger fan base.

Miami fans don't turn up because they've been spoiled and have been dissatisfied with the program in recent years. UCF, however has been up and coming, playing well and needs to start findig was to create the brand that bring people in, in a state that has an awful lot of comeptition for the entertainment $.

And I'll say it again, I love the idea with my moidfcations above (Note I mentioned they needed a garden sprinkler going Cobra and Choc! Cool that sand down.)

This post was edited on 2/7 12:20 PM by Silver King

Choctaw, I'm really trying not to sound condescending but you're making it tough. FSU and UF will not play at UCF unless UCF agrees to play the game at the citrus bowl and sit the gate. Why should UCF do that? UM has played at UCF once but UCF signed a 2 for 1 and will not do that again.

Originally posted by Sir Galahad:

...Maybe so but its the trashing of UCF and their fans that is what brings this out.....
SO full of sh!t. YOU are the one that always rolls in and starts stirring it up with horsesh!t claims and statements, trying to spin posts to hack up the big three, USF or the SEC in order to build SOME sort of positive reputation for UCF.

UCF, a school that has out performed any of the state uni's fielding football teams that have come to the party long after the top three paid their dues for fans, alumni or not.

You make bombastic claims that are either outright lies or impossible to prove one way or the other. You make bets that you won't honor, you insult people on a regular basis (not that that's a bad thing) and you generally alienate even those fans of UCF that try to support their team in a realistic, supportive way. I will give you this, you are the most proficient troll ever to drop a line through this board of semi sincere posters.

Most folks have a positive, although apathetic attitude about UCF because UCF generally beats who they should and loses when they should but nearly always its with a team that very few people give a popcorn fart about. The amazing thing is that most of the folks in here would be more supportive of UCF if they didn't have to wade through post after post from you that scream your position as President of Pri@knation. But, maybe that's the fun part for you and I'm a live and let live guy.
I would appreciate you shuttingTFU, though, if you will.

Here's an idea. Maybe UCF SHOULD start scheduling the big boys on their terms. Citrus Bowl, non-reciprocating road games, whatever. Why would they do it? How about so they can win a game against someone, ANYone that will make people stand up and notice.

Why on earth did UCF agree to move their game vs Penn St to Ireland?

How stupid was that?

UF was at home vs Idaho (and that one was rained out at night)

FSU was in Texas.

Miami didn't play until Monday @ Louisville

You had all of Central Florida to yourself, playing a big-name school and you move the damn thing 4,000 miles
away. You would have sold every seat if you played at home and probably would have drawn 60k if you played
at the Citrus Bowl.

You could also play Notre Dame. They'd come to the Citrus Bowl as a neutral site game. Hell, they moved their
2015 home game vs Boston College to a neutral site...FENWAY PARK. Fenway seats 40K less than ND's home
ballpark...and is 10 miles from BC's home ballpark. ND does this stuff for their fans around the country. They'd love to come to Florida to help them in their recruiting.

How is it gonna look in 2016, when Ole Miss and FSU play and outdraw you in Orlando? I think UCF would be
better off, playing FSU at the Citrus Bowl and being part of a 70k+ crowd in Orlando than being outdrawn in your
home city by 30K people. You'd get the air time...a big chunk of the gate and could expose yourself to many
more Central Florida fans.

You need to get off your high horse and become aggressive in your scheduling and continue to make inrods and
put yourself in position, in the event that the Big12 expands.

There are so many +3 nuggest in this that it's better than sitting down right now with a Jamacian Blue Mountain ground from bean coffee and the Sunday New York Times. Shudda been POY, nomsayin'

- SK a SSP

...the state uni's fielding football teams that have come to the party long after the top three paid their dues for fans, alumni or not.

You make bombastic claims... [Ed's notation: "bombastic," bombastic, we talkin' 'bout bombastic - wow. Nancy Grace don't even use that]

...ever to drop a line through this board of semi sincere posters. [Ed's notation: SSPs; the new Slap Nation]

Most folks have a positive, although apathetic attitude about UCF...that very few people give a popcorn fart about. [Ed's notation "apathetic" and "popcorn fart" used together - tell the truth you never saw that before]

...President of Pri@knation. [Ed's notation. not being of the .com era, finally figured it out, funny]

But, maybe that's the fun part for you and I'm a live and let live guy. [Ed's notation. Listen to Sly and the Family Stone]
I would appreciate you shuttingTFU, though, if you will. [Ed's notation: good supporting paragraph transition into a concluding paragraph]

Different strokes for different folks

...Maybe so but its the trashing of UCF and their fans that is what brings this out.....
SO full of sh!t. YOU are the one that always rolls in and starts stirring it up with horsesh!t claims and statements, trying to spin posts to hack up the big three, USF or the SEC in order to build SOME sort of positive reputation for UCF.

UCF, a school that has out performed any of the state uni's fielding football teams that have come to the party long after the top three paid their dues for fans, alumni or not.

You make bombastic claims that are either outright lies or impossible to prove one way or the other. You make bets that you won't honor, you insult people on a regular basis (not that that's a bad thing) and you generally alienate even those fans of UCF that try to support their team in a realistic, supportive way. I will give you this, you are the most proficient troll ever to drop a line through this board of semi sincere posters.

Most folks have a positive, although apathetic attitude about UCF because UCF generally beats who they should and loses when they should but nearly always its with a team that very few people give a popcorn fart about. The amazing thing is that most of the folks in here would be more supportive of UCF if they didn't have to wade through post after post from you that scream your position as President of Pri@knation. But, maybe that's the fun part for you and I'm a live and let live guy.
I would appreciate you shuttingTFU, though, if you will.

Here's an idea. Maybe UCF SHOULD start scheduling the big boys on their terms. Citrus Bowl, non-reciprocating road games, whatever. Why would they do it? How about so they can win a game against someone, ANYone that will make people stand up and notice.
Paid their dues, are you on crack? No team has paid their dues like UCF, none in this state. UCF started as an NAIA, jumped to Div III, then Div II, 1-AA and finally Div 1 where they were an independent. UCF had to move up from Independent status to the MAC, CUSA and now the American. No team in this state has had to earn their way up harder than UCF. Florida may have earned their way up in the SEC but they were still an SEC team, FSU played anyone, anywhere and won but it was much easier to schedule those games because teams did not have to worry about computer rankings and 100 channels of sports. Miami, well show me a time where Miami won without cheating and we can have that conversation.

UCF should not start scheduling UF or FSU on their terms, why when teams like Stanford, South Carolina, NCSU and Texas will sign one for one deals with UCF. Oh and as far as people noticing UCF, that is happening whether you like it or not.

Uh, no I'm not, you looking to buy some? I can hook you up, proper.

Try to focus here, son. You're still just trying to win an argument in a virtual space with a bunch of people who have no idea who you really are cause you hide behind a screenname.

So, if folks are beginning to notice UCF, then why are you shaking your limited supply of cerebral matter around trying to convince us of it? Here's the news, Cruz.

We STILL don't give a sh!t.
[/B]
Duck, seriously, we get it. UCF is getting better and one day they are going to beat some school that REALLY matters to most of the folks here in Florida that aren't concerned that their alma mater is a directional school.

BTW, you talking about paying dues? Get back to me in the year 2052, that's when UCF will have been paying their dues long enough.

Good luck in your attempts to sell ice cubes to eskimos.

This post was edited on 2/8 9:52 PM by blackpopsicle

Popsicle, that was a really lame attempt at being condescending to me but you clearly are not and never will be in a position to do so.

Annoying AND clueless You should get a special parking pass for everywhere. Help reduce your exposure. For the good of the general public.
Popsicle, that was a really lame attempt at being condescending to me but you clearly are not and never will be in a position to do so.

Hey, Duck, whatever gets you through the morning and on to your next errand. Get the order right, focus on your day job, try to get your personal life back on track.

Really, take a break from UCF. They've been in the off season for over six weeks. Take a break, you workaholic!

I got your condescension, right here.

I have to admit... It goes both ways. Sir can be condescending but many times when y'all are talking to him you take it there and he comes back with the crazy... Sure some of his posts are outlandish and you may not agree but there is a way to do it...

Look I don't care if you guys chew each others heads off or decide to meet somewhere in a back alley in Downtown Orlando to settle this or not that is up to you (this actually happened with 2 guys on another message board I post on). My only point is no one listens to anyone once you feel offended... Perhaps if you have a point to get across you shouldn't start it by offending the person you want to hear it.

It goes both ways.

This post was edited on 2/9 11:27 AM by peezy28

Easy, Peezy. Ain't no problem here. Evvathang's breezy cept Sir Greasy.

There is no way I could affect SG's demeanor or hurt his feelings. I could write an IEP for him, but persuading him to understand my posts enough to get the lesson without accomodations is way beyond my ability as an SSP.

Easy, Peezy. Ain't no problem here. Evvathang's breezy cept Sir Greasy.

There is no way I could affect SG's demeanor or hurt his feelings. I could write an IEP for him, but persuading him to understand my posts enough to get the lesson without accomodations is way beyond my ability as an SSP.
So let me understand this, two posts ago you were going personal on me and talking about my life and you're a school psychologist? That is some good stuff there.

This post was edited on 2/9 4:07 PM by Sir Galahad

SG, Maybe the IEP led you to the conclusion BP is a Psychologist. But, if you're working words therough the acronym "SSP" and somehow ended up with school social psychologist you may be wrong. Go up a few posts and see "SSP" defined as someone being a "Semi-sincere poster."

It's the start of a new cult on this board and you were instrumental in launching it. So as the self proclaimed Chairman of the board of SSP, I feel I must warn you that things may not be as they seem.

And congrats, I got my East Side Club tickets today after they assured me there would be girls and water sprinklers, but they explained the girls have to cover up with UCF White T-shirts over their bikini tops. Let's hook up for a cigar next time Miami plays there.

Originally posted by Silver King :

SG, Maybe the IEP led you to the conclusion BP is a Psychologist. But, if you're working words therough the acronym "SSP" and somehow ended up with school social psychologist you may be wrong. Go up a few posts and see "SSP" defined as someone being a "Semi-sincere poster."

It's the start of a new cult on this board and you were instrumental in launching it. So as the self proclaimed Chairman of the board of SSP, I feel I must warn you that things may not be as they seem.

And congrats, I got my East Side Club tickets today after they assured me there would be girls and water sprinklers, but they explained the girls have to cover up with UCF White T-shirts over their bikini tops. Let's hook up for a cigar next time Miami plays there.
SK, I assume he is a school psychologist or one of those people that give kids IEP's in school than a plan of learning that none of the teachers follow for the rest of the kids school years.

Would love to host you in the ECS but I will not be sitting in those as I still have my original four in the club section on the west side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT