ADVERTISEMENT

Does IMG win this week??? Predictions???

St. Joseph Regional from Jersey. One of the top teams in the nation this year.
IMG will win. It may be messy, but they will win.
Not many teams can do what AHP did at the start of the season and come out with a victory. IMG has different practice rules and they can run drills 8 hours a day then study 6. It's an Academy where the athlete's live on campus and are trained by the pros.
I kind of feel sorry for SJR since they will be playing at IMG. It is brutal there.

St Joe's of Montvale,N.J. Shocked if Joes beats them, but they are good so far this year at 4-0... Beat Bosco 17-7 first game, St Eds 24-22,DePaul,20-7 and someone else..

IMG average's 17 penalties a game with about 160 yards lost. That's why I said it will be brutal.

CAT, VERY GOOD POINT.. I saw the game against BC and IMG,BADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD... TRASH and lot of careless stuff,but they are loaded.. Joe's might keep it respectable, but????

IMG's defense is still catching up to the offense even though on paper there is more talent on defense. SJR will score a few TD's but they will never hold IMG to less than 40 points @ IMG.
Drummer, are you going to the game? Would love to read some first hand reviews from the game by someone that is at the field when they play.
IF I were not flying to Ohio this weekend I would have tried to make this game. It would be a fun game to watch. Several future NFL guys at IMG this year. A lot of talent from both teams in a good game.

IMG's defense is still catching up to the offense even though on paper there is more talent on defense. SJR will score a few TD's but they will never hold IMG to less than 40 points @ IMG.
Drummer, are you going to the game? Would love to read some first hand reviews from the game by someone that is at the field when they play.
IF I were not flying to Ohio this weekend I would have tried to make this game. It would be a fun game to watch. Several future NFL guys at IMG this year. A lot of talent from both teams in a good game.
I might go Cat, not sure yet???? Still trying to see if game will be streamed..

SJR by a touchdown.
Not a bad prediction, but SJR defense has not gotten better since Bosco.. They beat Bosco with an interception return for TD and bad hike by Bosco center.. If, for some reason, SJR defense really improves???? SJR not much against Bosco... Score IMG 42- SJR 21...

Why not just reply to the substance of the post and predict a score??? Rather than distract, add to the predictions....

I predict drummer will use a minimum of 4 question marks to stress the importance of his unimportant question.
Slick's annoying overuse of question marks (e.g., "???????") is exceeded only by his massive overuse of exclamation points (e.g., "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!").

It's all a cry for attention. He constantly demands it because in real life he is probably largely ignored.

Any and all replies are fine with him, even those that contain criticism. A reply gives Slick the opportunity to ignore the criticism - no matter the degree of validity - and tell others to stop being "distractive", "silly", "childish" or his particular favorite "majoring in minor things". It also gives him the chance to cry out, "just answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

P.S. Also gives him the opportunity to prove he's a dolt by quoting your post, then be unable to include his own remarks (check below) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Milquetoast
Slick's annoying overuse of question marks (e.g., "???????") is exceeded only by his massive overuse of exclamation points (e.g., "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!").

It's all a cry for attention. He constantly demands it because in real life he is probably largely ignored..

Any and all replies are fine with him, even those that contain criticism. A reply of any kind gives Slick the opportunity to ignore the criticism - no matter the degree of validity - and tell others to stop being "distractive", "silly", "childish" or his particular favorite "majoring in minor things". It also gives him the chance to cry out, "just answer the question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It appears your the one who needs attention. Why not just post a prediction ?? Wait, you may not know enough to do that.. Don't be concerned with me,rather reply to a stated post or shut up.

Last edited:
Dang it! Drummie says he won't respond to me anymore.

What a Gyp!

I want to poke the freak some more.

HIGH I predict that there will be at least 350 people at every game. 60 kids on each team (120). 25 IMG coaches (145). 8 coaches for the visiting team (153). 8 officials including the alternate (161). 3 guys working the chains (164). 3 ladies from the schools cafeteria to run concessions just in case some of the "fans" get thirsty(167). 4 members of the rescue squad, two in each ambulance (171). 33 family members of IMG players (200). 100 family members of the visiting team concerned for the safety of their child (300). 50 division 1 college recruiters coming to attend what they thought was an IMG night practice= (350). OK I think that's it, guys please help me if I left some out.

Nobody comes to the game because nobody cares to see the hand picked Division 1 college freshman team play against a high school. This is not interesting to fans of high school football. Now if they started their own National "super-team" league and played only against other "super-teams" then you could probably get some decent TV ratings but still very few would actually attend. Fans wait for the next year when they are playing college football then they will come by the thousands.

NOBODY CARES IF THEY WIN OR LOSE THEY ARE NOT A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. THEY ARE A FOOTBALLL PREP SCHOOL.

Is it hard for those college recruiters to concentrate on a few players when so many top prospects are on the field?

I would rather be on a team where my play stood out than be one of many. You have to feel sorry for those top players standing on the sideline. I only hope they get in every game!

Is it hard for those college recruiters to concentrate on a few players when so many top prospects are on the field?

I would rather be on a team where my play stood out than be one of many. You have to feel sorry for those top players standing on the sideline. I only hope they get in every game!

Starting to see this more and more. A coach I know called yesterday looking for film on a friend of the family. The kid had transferred from a team we had played to a local "prospect farm." Let's just call them the Pirates.
Turns out the kid can't get any good film cause he 1) isn't as good as he thought or the Pirate recruiters said he was. 2)Is 2nd string for the Pirates 3) The new coaches aren't worried about his film, they are just worried about winning by enough points.

Kinda feel sorry for the kid, but he made his decision to abandon his team mates. His folks got caught up in the sales pitch from the farm workers and now their kid is panicking.

This is what happens when people misjudge their priorities. If the kid had stayed, continued to develop around his team mates, he would have good film and those college cats would still be coming around to see him. But the mid major schools he is probably better suited for aren't going to see him. All because Mom and Dad wanted him to go to a "good" program, rather than a "good" University.

BTW, our team shut him down last year, so no film from us.

NOBODY CARES IF THEY WIN OR LOSE THEY ARE NOT A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. THEY ARE A FOOTBALLL PREP SCHOOL.
Hokey Hey: Nu'Trelle agree that IMG is completely irrelevant to HS football. Only thing Nu'Trelle would suggest on improving your message is changing the font to be like this:

"NOBODY CARES IF THEY WIN OR LOSE. THEY ARE NOT A HIGH SCHOOL TEAM. THEY ARE A FOOTBALL PREP SCHOOL."

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
The emails started rolling in to first-year head coach Todd Peterman when news broke in March that DeSoto -- one of the state's best programs -- had scheduled Florida's IMG Academy for the 2015 season. DeSoto hosts IMG at 2 p.m. Saturday.

"I did not know, when I scheduled them, what they were," Peterman said Tuesday. "I didn't know they recruited nationally. I just thought it was some private school out of Florida. Once I scheduled them, I got a lot of emails from coaches saying 'Why are you doing that?' I told them that I didn't know â“ know what I mean? I didn't know what they were."
South Grand Prairie coach Brent Whitson is a friend of Wright, IMG's new head coach. Wright coached at Tulsa (Okla.) Union for a season, while Whitson was at fellow Oklahoma power Broken Arrow.

He said that he wouldn't schedule IMG on principle, because playing the Florida school would legitimize their mission.

"It's about the importance and sanctity of Texas high school football," Whitson said. "I think that by playing them, you support them."

BUILD A FENCE & ISOLATE THEM. FREEZE THEM OUT.

THAT'S THE SECRET TO EXTERMINATING THEM. WITHOUT ANY GAMES, IMG DIES A MOURNFUL, PATHETIC DEATH.

Cat, according to Google, "IMG is a private athletic training institute for youth ". What teams should they play?? I say any high school that has guts, good talent and wants to play the best, hopefully, to get better. They could be a good measuring stick for some schools that WANT to play at that level. DON'T freeze them out, rather compete.. I,E, AHP, St Joes, BC, STA, Mainland, DLS and many others that want to play the best. St Joes', from what I heard, came to play, lost, but COMPETED...

They are ruining the concept of amateur high school athletics. Then there are the parents who overestimate their child's ability and think this school is the best path to a college scholarship. And, all the kids want is to play sports with their neighborhood friends.

IMG needs to either be abolished or lose their amateur status. They can, instead, be the NFL minor leagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: gambello
They are ruining the concept of amateur high athletics. Then there are the parents who overestimate their child's ability and think this school is the best path to a college scholarship. And, all the kids want is to play sports with their neighborhood friends.

IMG needs to either be abolished or lose their amateur status. They can, instead, be the NFL minor leagues.

Choc, your entitled to your opinion, which I respect, however does that mean that other teams who want to play them,can't?? I also agree that they have an advantage as you do, but, if another team wants to really play up, why not allow them to? I'am sure that the publics who play STA are not happy with the fact that STA " brings em in"... Publics in Jersey won't play certain teams but that dosen't mean that those teams should be, "frozen out" !! Of course,IMG does that on a different level but if team wants to play them then, that is their decision.. All of that said, IMG must play an independent schedule and playing some prep schools would make sense.. St Joes lost 24-12,what's the big deal and let's see STA and Mainland play them IMG.

Choc, your entitled to your opinion, which I respect, however does that mean that other teams who want to play them,can't?? I also agree that they have an advantage as you do, but, if another team wants to really play up, why not allow them to? I'am sure that the publics who play STA are not happy with the fact that STA " brings em in"... Publics in Jersey won't play certain teams but that dosen't mean that those teams should be, "frozen out" !! Of course,IMG does that on a different level but if team wants to play them then, that is their decision.. All of that said, IMG must play an independent schedule and playing some prep schools would make sense.. St Joes lost 24-12,what's the big deal and let's see STA and Mainland play them IMG.
Don't really thnk there's a problem then. We agree. Let schools that want to manufacture their teams (e.g., Don Bosco, STA, IMG, etc.) play among themselves, BUT divorce them from regular high schools (i.e., those that simply figure out which kids that go to the school want to try to play football, then try to coach them up).

You don't think it's appropriate to freeze someone out? How about if you're in an 8 school district that agrees to have a rifle competition. 7 schools show up with BB guns and the 8th school shows up with a 50 caliber machine gun, then claims it's not their fault that the other 7 couldn't figure out how to be competitive.

For most fans, the kinda programs that apparently give you an erection really don't have much to do with HS football. As such, we believe they should form their own league(s) with other schools that want to use 50 caliber weapons, maybe move up to cannons, nuclear weaponry, whatever is needed to give their fans a feeling of superiority.

Don't really thnk there's a problem then. We agree. Let schools that want to manufacture their teams (e.g., Don Bosco, STA, IMG, etc.) play among themselves, BUT divorce them from regular high schools (i.e., those that simply figure out which kids that go to the school want to try to play football, then try to coach them up).

You don't think it's appropriate to freeze someone out? How about if you're in an 8 school district that agrees to have a rifle competition. 7 schools show up with BB guns and the 8th school shows up with a 50 caliber machine gun, then claims it's not their fault that the other 7 couldn't figure out how to be competitive.

For most fans, the kinda programs that apparently give you an erection really don't have much to do with HS football. As such, we believe they should form their own league(s) with other schools that want to use 50 caliber weapons, maybe move up to cannons, nuclear weaponry, whatever is needed to give their fans a feeling of superiority.

An erection, come on, your better than that.... Not true and very immature and silly on your part. Horrible choice of words... Just stating a different point of view!! You and some others appear closed to another's opinion. Your castigating of other points of view and choice of words makes you appear foolish. WTF.... Freezing out was someone else's expression that I copied in an attempt to void his dissent on IMG too. Your bb gun comparison was fine and I agree with that one in that context only. There was and is, "no feeling of superiority" whatsoever in my statement, none, rather your interpretation of my statement...

I agree with Neutral. Back in the Midwest, private schools (who could legally recruit top players) played in their own league. Put IMG with StA and some of the other private powerhouse schools. The question is, do those other schools want to play IMG?

My primary concern is the higher risk of injury. If a college team plays a high school team, there are going to be injuries just because of the difference in player size. The same will happen when IMG plays other high school teams. People have often complained when a 2A team plays a 6A team. Why should this be different?

Freezing out was someone else's expression that I copied in an attempt to void his dissent on IMG too.
Nu'Trelle was the one you quoted. Your memory must be shorter than your ________.

No organization that operates with IMG's agenda should make any attempt to compete with an ordinary HS program. That's Nu'Trelle's opinion. Take it or leave it.

If STA wants to play IMG, fine. If Don Bosco wants to play IMG, fine. As stated previously, let these type of programs form an independent, inter-continental league. 99.9999999 percent of all HS football fans couldn't care less. Get it?

And if STA or Don Bosco or IMG won the title 5 years straight, 10 years straight or forever, guess what? Same deal. Most America truly wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other.

Sorry.

Reactions: Minerlipbiter
Nu'Trelle was the one you quoted. Your memory must be shorter than your ________.

No organization that operates with IMG's agenda should make any attempt to compete with an ordinary HS program. That's Nu'Trelle's opinion. Take it or leave it.

If STA wants to play IMG, fine. If Don Bosco wants to play IMG, fine. As stated previously, let these type of programs form an independent, inter-continental league. 99.9999999 percent of all HS football fans couldn't care less. Get it?

And if STA or Don Bosco or IMG won the title 5 years straight, 10 years straight or forever, guess what? Same deal. Most America truly wouldn't give a rat's ass one way or the other.

Sorry.

Sorry.

Sorry.

N.O., I knew who it was, but I just did not feel he was worth referencing, like you. You have an opinion, fine, but let others decide who they want to play. Some on this board feel omnipotent and that IMG should not even exist.... That is wrong as they can play anybody who will play them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT