ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching when talent isn't there

xcat1969

Dec 24, 2008
I'm finding this season a little amusing in that there is a boastful, loudmouth, arrogant jerk of a coach who is getting his comeuppance. He has scheduled patsy's the last few years in order to pad his resume and ran up the score whenever possible. But here comes karma...
This year the talent isn't nearly where is has been for his team and the patsy's are getting their payback. How good a coach is he now? At 0-2 the natives are already getting restless because he is publicly trying to place blame on kids not doing as they're coached and assistant coaches not doing their jobs. As long as the team was winning, people in the community were complacently accepting his boorishness, but now his behavior is suddenly becoming unacceptable.

Nice.

I've long said for me, the coach of the year isn't necessarily someone who goes deep in the playoffs or wins it all with studs year after year; it should be the guy that squeezes blood out of turnips, has the 165 lb guards and MLBs but still finds a way to win by utilizing the best of the talent he has, and having great assistants where a whole roster blends to a competitive group. But, that's not the world we live in.

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I've long said for me, the coach of the year isn't necessarily someone who goes deep in the playoffs or wins it all with studs year after year; it should be the guy that squeezes blood out of turnips, has the 165 lb guards and MLBs but still finds a way to win by utilizing the best of the talent he has, and having great assistants where a whole roster blends to a competitive group. But, that's not the world we live in.

This. Right here. Read it again.

This is what separates those that are in it for the ring and those that are in it for the game.

Rings are good though, just sayin.

Rings are good though, just sayin.

Not going to lie; a ring would have been be nice; two of mine played in three regional games and one semi-final (I played in two regionals and a semi). Charlotte, I don't see ever winning one, even though they've played for the Region four of the last eight years. Same for Ft Myers. And with free agency, I don't see Naples and Venice - who were fortunate to get theirs while the getting was good - returning anytime soon under this system.

It hasn't helped that for the past 20 years we've played in classifications that have had one or more teams ranked in the top 10 in the nation for most of those decades. Also doesn't matter that Charlotte beat STA and Manatee last time they played them - there was aways one of the other top dogs like the Wood waiting. Like Bruce Hornsby sings, "That's just the way it is." Still enjoy the heck out of it, and Friday's rainout, only the 2nd in the last 15 years or so, is one I'll never get back.

The point isn't what team the coach is using as a tool. It's the substance in between the lines that he is pointing out. The coach is a jackass and blaming everyone but himself, when it is the head coach that can't produce the game he wants.

Here is a coach that doesn't recognize accountability.

What coach? Who is this? "Look for cats that move around a lot."? Move where? What? Huh?

Those guys that move around a lot, tend to not tolerate ebbs and flows in talent. So they either go get it, or they blame things on everyone else and move on.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is down there. Who just lost two and gets led out of the tunnel by a jackass?

Reactions: Silver King
Damn, this is tougher than Nu'Trelle thought ..." nm " ... who he probbly talkin bout?

Nick Malone?
Norm Murphy?
Najee Mustafa?
Neal Mortenson?
Nightrain Moore?
NuQuasi Mullaffi?
Nipsy Miller?

Stop beating around the bush....you can't come on here and talk shit about someone and not be man(or women) enough to drop their name. Seriously I'm dying to know lol

So.....is it too hard to tell us who it is?
The two guys who moderator this forum are very well-connected, so you'll rarely see any names mentioned on here, Fla2014. The one from Orlando knows several dirtbag attorneys who specialize in libel cases; the one from Clearwater has a hitman outta Volusia on speed-dial.

Amataff I'm one of the 2 Neutral mentioned and I don't even know who they are talking about... Let it be known... if you want to put someone on blast as long as your not talking about their family or them in a derogatory way that has nothing to do with football I'm all for it.

I don't like hiding behind screen names and innuendo I'm an in your face type of person any poster on here who knows me personally (there's quite a few) will tell you that

Reactions: AmstaffNole
Amataff I'm one of the 2 Neutral mentioned and I don't even know who they are talking about... Let it be known... if you want to put someone on blast as long as your not talking about their family or them in a derogatory way that has nothing to do with football I'm all for it.

I don't like hiding behind screen names and innuendo I'm an in your face type of person any poster on here who knows me personally (there's quite a few) will tell you that

Hold up, Slick. Dont act like we're doing something wrong by holding the coach's name out. All these dudes that WANT them outed are the ones being shitty. (Yeah, that's what I said. Shitty)

Everybody knows that guy. At least the people that are close enough to it to know them. Most fans, especially in this forum, don't really want to know if coaches are assholes or not. All they care about is the win. And if they were told, they wouldn't do anything about it. Hell, the coaches won't because nothing will be done. Especially now, since the watchdog has had its teeth removed. If you really want to know, pay closer attention. And if you really want to know who I'm talking about, then ask me. It ain't hard to figure out who I am, and if you can't, I'll get in touch with you.

Blackpop... I don't care to know but I was agreeing with Manatee Magic
"Sometimes this forum can be too insider-ish and you basically can't understand anything"

and that is the truth many times its a few guys who know what is going and others are just like "HUH"...

I am just different if I have something to say about someone I will be direct and not cryptic... I really don't give a shiz about feelings sue me lol.

Also I don't know who you are... Don't think I've met you but I have met a lot on here so who knows.

Reactions: AmstaffNole
I have been trying to figure out who Blackposicle is for a few years now. I will probably never find out.

I have been trying to figure out who Blackposicle is for a few years now. I will probably never find out.
Head's up for jambun82: blackpopsicle's actual real name is contained in his screen name, but it's a cryptogram --- so you have to decipher it. Here's a helpful hint: You have to throw 2 of the letters out and one of them may represent the letter "W" -- which is rather fitting when you consider his coaching record.

Shouldn't take you long to figure things out ...especially if you know last names in the Jacksonville area reasonably well. Always important to get off to a good start ... so "start".

SK don't know who they're talking about either, but certainly understood the point. SK did know of a coach like that in his part of the downward facing banana who did't have a very good reputation with area staffs. That fellow won a bunch with lots of great athletes, but often acted like the south end of a north heading horse whie doing it. Karma sometimes has a way of dealing with such siuations.

Reactions: peezy28
Blackpop... I don't care to know but I was agreeing with Manatee Magic
"Sometimes this forum can be too insider-ish and you basically can't understand anything"

and that is the truth many times its a few guys who know what is going and others are just like "HUH"...

I am just different if I have something to say about someone I will be direct and not cryptic... I really don't give a shiz about feelings sue me lol.

Also I don't know who you are... Don't think I've met you but I have met a lot on here so who knows.
The point is, the profession has a few of those guys everywhere. Doesn't matter who they are, unless you end up on their staff when it goes south. Then you know for sure.

Reactions: xcat1969
Head's up for jambun82: blackpopsicle's actual real name is contained in his screen name, but it's a cryptogram --- so you have to decipher it. Here's a helpful hint: You have to throw 2 of the letters out and one of them may represent the letter "W" -- which is rather fitting when you consider his coaching record.

Shouldn't take you long to figure things out ...especially if you know last names in the Jacksonville area reasonably well. Always important to get off to a good start ... so "start".

Damn, Neut. you might as well spell it out for him.

No! Don't!

Alright screw it I give in which school are we talking about here?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT