ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 63 - North Miami 33

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
This was one bizarr game; N. Miami has a very good passing game, and a great wideout #1. They went up 7-0, Tarps ran back KO, made a stop, then scored in a few plays. By the end of the 1st it was 21-21 and lots of penalties.

The 2nd qtr produced a single Tarpon score, and the Tarpons racked up 111 yds in penalties by the half think Miami had close to 100. 28-21 Half

By the end of the 3rd the Tarps had a running clock at 56-21. Tarpon Q Dee Hicks had a 95 yard TD run, Maleek Williams had a 72 yd TD run, and D Price had a 75 yard TD run and 75 yard KO return against a pretty fast Miami team. It ended up 63-33, Miami scored twice against the bench the last was the last play of the game. Tarps had to have 150 yrds of penalties. Refs were throwing them like rain at both teams. Even when the clock was running didn't think it would ever end with the flags right to the last play.

The Tarpons had a 3rd and 61 at one point; never seen that in my life.

Paper this morning: "The teams combined for 1,109 total yards — and, more to Waldrop’s attention, 306 penalty yards, with his team drawing 16 flags for 163 yards and one untimely ejection."

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Silver King, what were some or most of the fouls being called by the officials?

Sounds like everything since it was called on both teams.... Flag happy

Zoe, that Q went through pretty good progressions and had a nice touch on the ball, and #1 was a great looking receiver (he had three bombs and around 400 yards passing), the little back 6 was shifty. And there were a couple of very huge DTs and a LB who looked very good. They scored on their first possession in about three plays with a beautifully thrown bomb.

Now they took the field pretty cocky, the Pioneer coach was overheard telling his team before they took the field, "This is going to be quick and painful" for the Tarpons. They scored quick, the second half went quick because of a running clock and it did get a little painful.

Silver King, what were some or most of the fouls being called by the officials?

Jambun, in my many years as a participant, youth coach and spectator of the game, I've always been philisophical about penalties; you're going to get bad calls, some really bad ones, and some that cost you games. But, it usually evens out in the wash. Refs have bad plays just like anybody on their field or anyone coaching on the sidelines. With that said, please note I didn't say the refs called a bad game. But they sure called a slow one.

Its like they say; if you had replay and could see everything, you can probably call a penalty on every play. The bad call I saw that benifited us, was one that didn't get called - we are running a guy off the field, and they snap the ball and he's 8-yards from the sideline in complete view of the side judge. No call, but they sure didn't miss anything else that occurred.

How many times do you see (distributed among both teams): three Intential Grounding calls? or 2 or 3 Chop blocks. There were lots of holding, a facemask against the offense, three unsportsman, leading to an ejection to one of our kids (I was OK with that). And, for all the throwing, they had one push off, but I don't recall a single D-interference until the last play of the game.

The Tarpons are usually a very disciplined team, I can't ever remember a Tarpon team that approached this amount of penalties; so I mentioned it. I also know the HC is probably addressing it with his team right now at films, and will be reminding them all week.

Silver King, that definitely sounds like a lot of penalties, and that certainly slows up and prolongs the game. Most of the fouls that you described to me sound like impact fouls, and ,sometimes unfortunately, those type of fouls have to be called no matter the circumstance. Sometimes, you just have football games like that.

I thought it was still August and it was a yellow rain.
SK, don't believe I'm familiar with yellow rain. Is it similar to a "Golden Shower." Have seen a few of those over the years. Generally the unsuspecting target is washing his hair with closed eyes. " Now why they want to do that?" #stillavirgin...I think:)

Zoe, that Q went through pretty good progressions and had a nice touch on the ball, and #1 was a great looking receiver (he had three bombs and around 400 yards passing), the little back 6 was shifty. And there were a couple of very huge DTs and a LB who looked very good. They scored on their first possession in about three plays with a beautifully thrown bomb.

Now they took the field pretty cocky, the Pioneer coach was overheard telling his team before they took the field, "This is going to be quick and painful" for the Tarpons. They scored quick, the second half went quick because of a running clock and it did get a little painful.
Most teams from down here are cocky lol.. Starts from lil league..

Yeah,we had to go through the region when we won a Pop Warner National tite in 2003, saw a lot of it. But kind of a classy move too. A team we beat came to the title game to cheer us on and watch us win it for FL. The cocah was a cool guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT