ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 48-0 Clewiston

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Gotta love SW/Central Florida being the Lightening Capitol of the World. Delayed for an hour and a half, and Wavebb told me Ft Myers cancelled their game because of it.

Tarps had to scrap in this one last year to pull out a close win. They dominated tonight. We have some weapon options.

Yeah, I heard the lightning heading west over I-75 around 7pm and wondered how many games it would affect. Great to know you got to play and dominated.

NBC 2 said five games were cancelled. That sucks for kids dressed and ready to go, then get it called. I'm glad we got it in. Hopefully when you guys open up with the Pirates next week, the storms have already come through. Me, my old Running Back and oldest son (They both played at the same college; Bethel in Kansas, about 30 years apart) were pre-gaming with Capt Morgan in the Peace River off my dock around 4pm. When we got in the water it was glass calm, at 5 or so, a storm from the north rolled in. We figured it would be long gone by 7:30, but a couple more popped up.

Last edited:
We have them next week. Hope it isn't the same story/situation as last year. Had to travel back and scrap with them. Was a long series of events...

Hey CC, they were missing some guys, QB #5 was in a sling, and they were a little out of shape. But they have a huge O-Line that lines up in tight splits,thought they were going to try and run it down our throat. We got rained out for the first time ever at a game I was going to - Ft Lauderdale had a long trip for nothing to show from it. Heck, the all clear didn't sound till around 4:30am Sat morning. I don;t know how your alma matter (they won) got it in with Lemon Bay, must have stalled right over Punta Gorda. Good luck.

Hey CC, they were missing some guys, QB #5 was in a sling, and they were a little out of shape. But they have a huge O-Line that lines up in tight splits,thought they were going to try and run it down our throat. We got rained out for the first time ever at a game I was going to - Ft Lauderdale had a long trip for nothing to show from it. Heck, the all clear didn't sound till around 4:30am Sat morning. I don;t know how your alma matter (they won) got it in with Lemon Bay, must have stalled right over Punta Gorda. Good luck.
appreciate it SK. Right now we have a bye, in the second week, due to some scheduling snafu. apparently someone in the powers that be scheduled a team that doesn't even exist... I don't even know what to tell ya. haha.

Hell its looking dim for Friday night, I miss another high school football Friday and I may cut my rists and jump into Boca Grande Pass with the Hammerheads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT