ADVERTISEMENT

Casullo gone

181pl

Aug 24, 2006
Tampa
st. Thomas coach Rocco casulo has either been fired or has resigned. This is per a news release from the Sun Sentinel.

Fired? Wow...I guess winning the state championship 31-0 wasn't enough!

Originally posted by BStreak:

Fired? Wow...I guess winning the state championship 31-0 wasn't enough!
It was good enough but his personal issues got in the way... No he didn't touch little boys or girls but he may or may not have "issues" that need to be dealt with before he comes back to coaching

For those that don't know him (and I don't really know him that well) He's a tiny bit CRAZY and a little bit WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!... Hard to say what encouraged the move...

Rocco could not beat Bosco, lost to a down Bosco team the first time and got beaten good at West Point.. That game was really a 31-7 loss.. Had it been at Bosco ,would have been worse.. No, STA said "we won't play at your place,we want a special venue for our kids" !! Arrogant bastards !!! One of STA'S players thanked Bosco, before the game, for letting ,''US PLAY YOU AGAIN" !! Your welcome. Alumni was pissed !! How do you like Bosco now STA ???
This post was edited on 1/17 10:20 AM by Drummer61

Drum, if you're trolling, good luck. Not many STA defenders around here since 'Canes left years ago. That being said, they're still a consistent Top5 Florida team damn near every year, but you know that already.

Day, not trolling and glad no STA's here..Did not know and thanks.. Yes they are consistent and play a weak schedule. Between canes and the West Point conduct of their players, they stink !! Arrogant bunch.

Originally posted by Drummer61:
Day, not trolling and glad no STA's here..Did not know and thanks.. Yes they are consistent and play a weak schedule. Between canes and the West Point conduct of their players, they stink !! Arrogant bunch.
What do you consider a weak schedule? American Heritage, Miramar, Royal Palm Beach, East Lake, Osceola. All tough teams that were blown out by STA. Let's face it Don Bosco has 14 state championships and were national champions in 2009 and 2011. STA has 7 state championships and were national champions in 2008 and 2010. STA can't be national champions every year or a powerhouse and I would assume that Don Bosco has had its down years. If it makes you feel good to put a beat down on STA then what can I say. Wasn't winning the game enough for you? You have to add insult to injury.

Don't be hard on these out of state guys who come to the Nation's best high school football state when they beat a Fl team and crow. Up or down year, can you blame them after such an accomplishment? I mean Schiano held camps here and had Rutgers advertising on billboards in Miami, so they know...

Drummer forgets that Bosco isn't even the best team in Bergen County anymore, they have been passed by Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, and St. Joseph's. The days of the Iron Man being national champs is over. Hoffman, Campanile, and Partridge have all know Bosco's game and have surpassed it.

I wish PC would come down here, I remember the days of Pappa Campanile and his teams. The man did more with less every year.

gatorman, your right that Bosco is no longer the best in Bergen.. National titles may be over,however Bosco was never supposed to beat STA twice either..With two teams that were not up to past standards they held a pompous and arrogant bunch to 10 points and 7 points.. State champs both years ??? PC had a good team and would do fine down here. Partridge just quit at Paramus Catholic and was hired at Rutgers.. That league now in No Jersey has some teams that are good and play all over the country..
This post was edited on 1/19 4:21 PM by Drummer61

Pro set, STA Broward schedule with teams like Plantation, Northeast, So Broward and others are weak.. RPB,East Lake and Osceola were not much and where were they ranked nationally??? Royal Palm stunk as I saw them play and live one mile from the school..No insults just facts and opinion.. Have lived in Palm Beach for 20 years and know a little about Fla HS football..

Silver, most smart guys know the best hs football is played here.. Whose crowing now !!!! Nothing new and I've lived here a little more that 20 years. I am not crowing, rather that Bosco, my old team, is 4-1 against the best state. Beat STA with two below par teams and got wiped by a great MC team.. No crows, but who has a better oos record of about 26-4 and play all over.. Since 1999 Bosco has been a decent program, played some great teams, DLS, Prattville, MC, Manatee, STA, Mission Viejo and others.. Whose done more??? No crows !!!!
This post was edited on 1/19 4:22 PM by Drummer61

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT