ADVERTISEMENT

Canes to host Lincoln

twc2499

Oct 28, 2006
Manatee has finalized their 2015 schedule by adding Tallahassee Lincoln for week three. The Canes will host the Trojans. Manatee will host Venice this spring and Largo in the kickoff Classic before heading to Alabama to play Hoover in their season opener. Go Canes!

Originally posted by twc2499:
Manatee has finalized their 2015 schedule by adding Tallahassee Lincoln for week three. The Canes will host the Trojans. Manatee will host Venice this spring and Largo in the kickoff Classic before heading to Alabama to play Hoover in their season opener. Go Canes!
Largo has gone from Sugar to Sh*t since the coaching change unfortunately.

Who cares who Manatee is playing. This will be the last year they are a good football team. Word is Lang is going to IMG

Booth seems like a real stand up guy, but his intelligence is very very low. So far everything he said has not came true. He said he was coming in a program that was already established and he wasn't going to mess that up. Wow!!! Every coach except 1 is gone from when he arrived. And, I'm waiting for Stallard to reding shortly, but he's really not a football guy he just washed jock straps. So let's see the list of coaches that are gone. Goulash, Kinnan, Frazier, Phalen, Sandburg, RB coach, QB coach, OL coach. That is 8 coaches in 2 years. WOW!!

Stallard is the best Special Teams coach in Florida, and the Salt of the Earth by the way. So maybe you should shut your mouth. Booth is doing what is best for the program. He is getting rid of all the DEAD wait. 90% of the coaches he let go were all Negative and undermining. Just like they were to the last guy who was head coach there not named Joe Kinnan. Booth is the head coach and has the final say. PERIOD. All the Kinnan love is sickening to say the least......

So Nole are you saying if those coaches (dead weight) weren't there manatee would have won state this year? You know sense they undermined booth and ruined the team that went 12-2 and a final four appearance and might be one of the most over achieved manatee teams in recent history (6 returning starters from the year before, 5 defense and 1 offense)

goldfd last year's junior...(this years Senior class) consisted of a group of kids that as a collective JV squad saw all of 8 total points scored against them for the entire season, while averaging over 40 points a game on offense. They were undefeated as freshman too, destroying every team they played except a Palmetto freshman team......(which by the way was the only team to score on them during the JV season).

Last year's season to me was about an incredibly young but talented squad with huge issues at the QB position, that Coach Booth was able find an offense that would work despite the QB issues, to say nothing of the Joe Kinnan distractions that were still hanging all around................and ultimately make it work for a highly successful 2014 season. The real coaching job was in fact with the decisions coach Booth made with the offense and with helping the team over coming the outside distractions............don't even attempt to over state that the assistant staff had everything to do with that............
they didn't!!!

With Joe. his group of merry coaches 2012-2013 and with the superior talent he had assembled each of those season's, we saw each season end with a huge thud.

The rising juniors for this years team bring some pretty good above average talent. Add that to this years senior class & I can see why coach Booth chose to go after a fairly ambitious schedule for 2015, this team looks to be highly competitive! Of the losses at with the assistant coaches I was only sad to see coach Peebles leave.............the others made sense.........its coach Booth's team now and he should surround himself with a group of guys he feels completely comfortable with. It happens that way all the time in the business world when management shakeups occur, and it typically goes that way with most changes in coaching staffs when a new HBC comes onto the scene.

Coach Booth handled himself and the 2014 Manatee team extremely well in my mind...............despite all the distractions. I say give him another 3-4 years to truly develop an opinion on Coach Booth as a HBC. He did a helluva good job in 2014, that's reason enough to trust his judgment going forward!

Go Canes Go!
This post was edited on 2/14 3:55 AM by gatorman001

Gatorman you're giving me stats about a jv and freshmen season? Come on now you know there's a big difference between Wednesday and Thursday night lights compared to Friday night lights. As for the hc making changes, how do you know that the assistants didn't help with those decisions? You don't know cause you weren't there, you were in Georgia. And yes the hc can make decisions he feels is good for the program no one is denying that. People are just saying that the assistants helped the hc make the decisions for instances putting johnnie lang at qb so they could develop a qb, who don't forget was kicked off the team in week 1 but returned. The hc may deserve credit but there a lot of other people who deserve credit also

You talked about the schedule. This is the weakest schedule Manatee has ever had with the exception of Hoover. Can someone tell me who is. Coaching there now and what coaches are on the campus? What about this Rick Mills not being renewed in 2 years? Does that mean Kinnan will be back in 2 years? Manatee will probably be OK this year but I expect a big drop off the year after. I see a 5-5 or below in 2016. It will take Booth awhile to run the program in the ground. Wouldn't a good quality of a new coach coming in be that he could win the staff over? You guys have to be real about this. Last years team was kinnans with kinnanS staff. What's going to happen when Lang goes to IMG?

Let me tell you the difference between Booth and Kinnan last year. If you followed the games you would of seen that most of Manatees wins were won in the 4th quarter one in particular a very bad Sarasota team. If Kinnan was the coach that and many others would of been over with in the first 5 min of the game due to game planning and play calling. The reason Manatee won those 4 th quarter game is because the mindset Kinnan installed the previous years. I said before that Manatee will still be good this year due to the coaching they received in 2014, but I retract. I beleive that Manatee will lose at least 3 games this year and with them playing Venice in the spring, although Venice traditionally is not very good in the spring, I think they will be exposed early. Especially is Lang is at IMG, which I think is in the works. Johnny would be silly if he did not go to IMG, but that is my opinion. Either way both will not be at Manate past 2017. One thing I can't understand is why he wanted to go to Hoover and get spanked week 1 to make all of the faithful question him.

How would it benefit Lang to go to IMG? He's gonna have his choice of colleges to go to no matter what.

How in the world does this thread go from Manatee's schedule to players leaving and the coaching staff. I am tired of all the rumors of players leaving and why Booth did this and that. The only players that leave are the ones thinking they can get more playing time else where. Go to Palmetto and play Bayshore opening night while Manatee is playing Hoover in Alabama, go! As for the coaching changes Booth has the God given right to keep and not keep who he wants! My personal feelings is that these veteran coaches got so set in their ways that when change came they couldn't handle it. Joe Kinnan is not walking through that door so get over it! Coach because you bleed red white and blue and these kids you coach are your passion and importance! Otherwise, go somewhere else! Coach Booth is still learning what it is to coach at one of the top programs in the state. This is not Bloomingdale and he now knows that. He is going to have to step up his game if he wants to survive. He has plans that he is putting into place with the big help from Under Armour. He has the financial resources and support to keep this ship going in the right direction! Give him time! Otherwise, go support some other program! Go Canes!

This post was edited on 2/16 10:39 AM by twc2499

First of all Palmetto plays Ft Myers on the road week 1- Not Bayshore

2nd PHS isnt at the level to schedule teams like Manatee has been able to schedule but if you have followed their out of district schedule they surely dont run from local OUT OF DISTRICT competition (Venice, Manatee, Countryside, St pete Lakewood 2013/14) (Manatee, St Pete, Charlotte, Ft Myers 15/16).

3rd i dont know why you brought up Palmetto as a transfer home- most kids of late have been transferring to BRHS

This post was edited on 2/18 1:16 PM by BD1982

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT