ADVERTISEMENT

BTW vs Raines

Great win Zoe for the Tornado's. Their big game experience, over many successful seasons, pulled them though a great game where Jacksonville Raine's appeared to be the stronger team. Give credit to Booker T, but Jax killed themselves "all night long." They were in the red zone more then ten times and continually came up empty. Add 5 -7 turnovers and it became obvious that the championship stage was too big for them. Plus, plus to both the marching bands, they know how to entertain. Overall I had a great time.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Dan the band showdown was awesome wasn't it. You are correct on the Raines red zone. Awful display of either coaching or execution. I still believe Booker T was not the best team on the field but hung in there and took what they were given. Lot of points left on the 5 yard line for Raines all night. BTW never once got nervous as things didn't go well fo them in the first half and hung in there to take #4 in a row. And they are young. Young QB showed poise and got better every qtr.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
What made it worst for Raines BTW had 5 turnovers themselves and still won smh

Yep. Raines had BTW on the ropes but the red zone was their nemesis.

Good article. Four championships straight and the last 3 were with 3 different coaches.
Better coaching, better players, better competition in Miami Dade = wins for MC and BTW most of the time..... Teams that play better teams USUALLY prevail in title games.. South Fla teams are just better..

Better coaching, better players, better competition in Miami Dade = wins for MC and BTW most of the time..... Teams that play better teams USUALLY prevail in title games.. South Fla teams are just better..
I agree and disagree. In 2003 BTW played Armwood at Traz. The Wood got there late, Ice and Perriman stared Armwood down as they came on the field and said to one another," a typical Hillsborough county team". Well after the opening kickoff their minds changed quickly. Maybe typical in appearance but not in ability and execution (they obviously didn't watch film). Since that day Dade county has not taken any team from Hillsborough county area lightly. so with all that being said, it boils down to always being prepared and not over looking an opponent. Yes, Dade county teams are battle tested by the time the playoffs arrive? You better believe it!!

I agree and disagree. In 2003 BTW played Armwood at Traz. The Wood got there late, Ice and Perriman stared Armwood down as they came on the field and said to one another," a typical Hillsborough county team". Well after the opening kickoff their minds changed quickly. Maybe typical in appearance but not in ability and execution (they obviously didn't watch film). Since that day Dade county has not taken any team from Hillsborough county area lightly. so with all that being said, it boils down to always being prepared and not over looking an opponent. Yes, Dade county teams are battle tested by the time the playoffs arrive? You better believe it!!
Lesson learned in Miami Dade.... Great example.. like that..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT