Chaminade-Madonna
Deerfield Beach

Boyd Anderson
Flanagan
Piper
Miramar
Dillard

McArthur

Others to watch: Cardinal Gibbons, Blanche Ely, Cypress Bay, Stoneman Douglas, Western, Coconut Creek, Hallandale,

Agree. HC Eddie Brown has been great over there. Very athletic particularly in the secondary. The likely tasks at hand are :

Round 1: Carol City/Miami Central/Northwestern
Round 2: Carol City/Miami Central/Northwestern
Round 3: Mainland

Boyd will have their hands full come playoffs. Very challenging year for 6A South.

Reactions: Dave Lackford
How do you think STA does against Miami Dade teams rather that Broward teams?? Decent, well coached teams give them trouble... Their OOS teams, with few exceptions appear well chosen and are limited.. Also Broward, how will AHP do against BTW and Colquitt?? I may watch them play BTW??

Well, I believe STA only plays BTW this year out of Dade. BTW will be very strong . A lot stronger than last year when STA shallacked them. I think STA still gets the W though.
Dade overall may be a tad stronger than Broward this year. Last year Broward was stronger than Dade.
STA did lose their long time DCord. to Fort Pierce Central this year. I am not sure if that will play a role in their success this year. Bishop Gorman is very well coached and their technology and facilities make STA and IMG look second rate.
Overall, STA is playing Bishop Gorman and several very good FL teams. Two 2015 State Champions and teams that could (have) dangerously upset them and possibly spoil there season.

2016 AHP on paper is the better team than 2016 Colquitt. Not even close. The question is, are they ready for 10,000 cowbells, possible home cookin' calls and a team that feels they were robbed last year of a National title? Just something to keep an eye on that game about is Colquitt County HC Rush Probst. He is currently appealing a suspension for headbutting a player (with a helmet on). Probst coaching that game really could be the difference of CC hanging around. If you asked me now though I would comfortably lean AHP.

AHP versus BTW ....Pre-season game at AHP. I like BTW's chances in this one for sure. BTW the following week has STA in their first regular season game. I believe BTW will come out guns blazing and really want to get one of the two games versus STA and AHP. Nothing to lose mentality. AHP on the other hand travels to Colquitt County the following week for their first official game. Is it possible AHP will be a bit conservative versus BTW (if they can get away with it) in order to try to get the W but at the same time not reveal too much since their next two games are versus @ Colquit and Don Bosco? Both of those teams are well coached and will break that film down to a science.

Skilled position speaking, BTW should be fine versus AHP and STA but how much have they matured and will the incoming transfers toughen them up a little? How much have the O/D lines improved? Based on last year versus the big boys, they will need to have improved a lot - not just a little bit if they want to be in the National hunt.

AHP versus BTW is set for 8/19 @ 7:30
Deerfield Beach versus Chaminade Madonna is set for 8/19@ 7:00

I live close to both of them but I will likely catch the AHP/BTW game.

The following day (8/20) @ 12:00 noon you have IMG and Carol City. I believe that is in Miami. Keep me posted if you will be attending any. Very exciting weekend for preseason games in SFL!

Last edited:
Well, I believe STA only plays BTW this year out of Dade. BTW will be very strong . A lot stronger than last year when STA shallacked them. I think STA still gets the W though.
Dade overall may be a tad stronger than Broward this year. Last year Broward was stronger than Dade.
STA did lose their long time DCord. to Fort Pierce Central this year. I am not sure if that will play a role in their success this year. Bishop Gorman is very well coached and their technology and facilities make STA and IMG look second rate.
Overall, STA is playing Bishop Gorman and several very good FL teams. Two 2015 State Champions and teams that could (have) dangerously upset them and possibly spoil there season.

2016 AHP on paper is the better team than 2016 Colquitt. Not even close. The question is, are they ready for 10,000 cowbells, possible home cookin' calls and a team that feels they were robbed last year of a National title? Just something to keep an eye on that game about is Colquitt County HC Rush Probst. He is currently appealing a suspension for headbutting a player (with a helmet on). Probst coaching that game really could be the difference of CC hanging around. If you asked me now though I would comfortably lean AHP.

AHP versus BTW ....Pre-season game at AHP. I like BTW's chances in this one for sure. BTW the following week has STA in their first regular season game. I believe BTW will come out guns blazing and really want to get one of the two games versus STA and AHP. Nothing to lose mentality. AHP on the other hand travels to Colquitt County the following week for their first official game. Is it possible AHP will be a bit conservative versus BTW (if they can get away with it) in order to try to get the W but at the same time not reveal too much since their next two games are versus @ Colquit and Don Bosco? Both of those teams are well coached and will break that film down to a science.

Skilled position speaking, BTW should be fine versus AHP and STA but how much have they matured and will the incoming transfers toughen them up a little? How much have the O/D lines improved? Based on last year versus the big boys, they will need to have improved a lot - not just a little bit if they want to be in the National hunt.

The following day (8/20) @ 12:00 noon you have IMG and Carol City. I believe that is in Miami. Keep me posted if you will be attending any. Very exciting weekend for preseason games in SFL!

Broward, great review, boy can I learn from you.. Thank you.. I went to Bosco and have some knowledge, but not as much as you.. Bosco is trying to get home and home with Hoover??? I don't think STA will play them again.. Would love to see Bosco play among others, BTW, MC, Miramar,Columbus and Colquit... BG is very good and have a great QB...

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper

Agree with most of what you post.. Just a few thoughts though... As far as AHP vs Coulquit, BH you know the kids from down here.. They will not be attimdated by 10,000 fans and cowbells... Trust me half of them deal with worst things in a everyday life than cowbells... Plus that last year game against IMG should be proof in the pudding... As of BTW they've got stronger in both DL and OL... I can tell you now they have 4 legit D1 starting oline... I was in shock... That's including the transfer from Norland... BH their legit... DL they were good but small last year.. They got some transfers in so they should be good.... I tell you this STA will not dominate the line of scrimmage like they did last year.... The wild card for me is QB... You know how I feel about the STA qb... As far as IMG vs CC if it's down here then that means it's at Traz and I will attend that game!!

Agree with most of what you post.. Just a few thoughts though... As far as AHP vs Coulquit, BH you know the kids from down here.. They will not be attimdated by 10,000 fans and cowbells... Trust me half of them deal with worst things in a everyday life than cowbells... Plus that last year game against IMG should be proof in the pudding... As of BTW they've got stronger in both DL and OL... I can tell you now they have 4 legit D1 starting oline... I was in shock... That's including the transfer from Norland... BH their legit... DL they were good but small last year.. They got some transfers in so they should be good.... I tell you this STA will not dominate the line of scrimmage like they did last year.... The wild card for me is QB... You know how I feel about the STA qb... As far as IMG vs CC if it's down here then that means it's at Traz and I will attend that game!!

I would say "out of their element" rather than intimidated I guess for AHP at Colquitt. I would guess the atmosphere at a Colquitt County game will have more people, a little more enthusiastic and into the game than that of a IMG cookie cutter atmosphere.

I am aware BTW got a lot stronger on the OL and DL and agree they will not dominate the LOS. I just am not sure it will hold up for 4 quarters. You know as well as I do that depth could be a factor. What will happen when STA brings in a fresh wave of backup 2* lineman with fresh legs trying to prove themselves?

Reactions: Zoe Boy
I would say "out of their element" rather than intimidated I guess for AHP at Colquitt. I would guess the atmosphere at a Colquitt County game will have more people, a little more enthusiastic and into the game than that of a IMG cookie cutter atmosphere.

I am aware BTW got a lot stronger on the OL and DL and agree they will not dominate the LOS. I just am not sure it will hold up for 4 quarters. You know as well as I do that depth could be a factor. What will happen when STA brings in a fresh wave of backup 2* lineman with fresh legs trying to prove themselves?
Your right but this ain't gonna be no 7a district STA will be going against lol.... Them boys are improve BH...

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Your right but besides bishop will STA see another team with full of ATH on the field that good and fast as them...??
Doubt it -speed wise. As good? Deerfield Beach is getting close. BA, Miramar, and Flanagan will not have slouches athletically out there. That does not always win football games though....
If that were the case BTW would not have lost to Columbus 13-40 last year. Then again, I could point out that Hallandale last year was loaded with speed and talent as well and had STA on the ropes.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
Doubt it -speed wise. As good? Deerfield Beach is getting close. BA, Miramar, and Flanagan will not have slouches athletically out there. That does not always win football games though....
If that were the case BTW would not have lost to Columbus 13-40 last year. Then again, I could point out that Hallandale last year was loaded with speed and talent as well and had STA on the ropes.
Your right but that team was too young last year.... Like I said after they played North Marion in the kick off classic they should start the freshmen qb n take their lumps which they did ..... That Hallandale team could of blowed out BTW too... Lol... I forgot they play DFB well they got 5 good games

Can BTW go undefeated and will STA beat BG???

I think BTW has a 50/50 chance of going undefeated. STA, Central and Columbus are hard games. Jackson won't be a pushover either. In the playoffs Cocoa and Glades Central will fight hard but I don't see them beating them.

STA may be very slight underdogs @ BG but I would not bet against them. Biggest concern for STA in my opinion will be the loss of the longtime Defensive Coordinator. Will the transition of the new DC be smooth?

I think BTW has a 50/50 chance of going undefeated. STA, Central and Columbus are hard games. Jackson won't be a pushover either. In the playoffs Cocoa and Glades Central will fight hard but I don't see them beating them.

STA may be very slight underdogs @ BG but I would not bet against them. Biggest concern for STA in my opinion will be the loss of the longtime Defensive Coordinator. Will the transition of the new DC be smooth?

Broward, why couldn't STA beat Bosco who those years had 7-4 and 9-3 teams.. IMO Bosco out defensed and outsmarted them. Special teams won the first game but those STA teams destroyed all others during that period.. Held STA to 10 and 7 pts.

Broward, why couldn't STA beat Bosco who those years had 7-4 and 9-3 teams.. IMO Bosco out defensed and outsmarted them. Special teams won the first game but those STA teams destroyed all others during that period.. Held STA to 10 and 7 pts.
STA was shut down that second game played at West Point, NY. Like you said outsmarted, better gameplan, locked them down defensively....hungry underdogs at Home. Sometimes teams just go through eras where they have another's number. Could it have been an ideal defensive Bosco coaching style that matched up perfect against what STA would bring?
Odds are the teams that Bosco lost to would not have been able to compete with STA ,and there are likely teams STA played that would have beat those Bosco teams as well. Just one of those things HS Football that we talk about ....I have heard everything from STA is "scared" of Bosco to conspiracy statements that I won't repeat on this board.
There are local teams down here that sometimes go through stages where they own STA as well. I think Miramar won 4-5 games straight in recent years versus STA and Deerfield Beach may have had a run as well. So I am not overly surprised the most heralded private in NJ history out of a very strong league have a 2-0 run going against STA. We all assume the ball is in STA's hands now to rekindle that rivalry - hopefully we get another in the near future!

STA was shut down that second game played at West Point, NY. Like you said outsmarted, better gameplan, locked them down defensively....hungry underdogs at Home. Sometimes teams just go through eras where they have another's number. Could it have been an ideal defensive Bosco coaching style that matched up perfect against what STA would bring?
Odds are the teams that Bosco lost to would not have been able to compete with STA ,and there are likely teams STA played that would have beat those Bosco teams as well. Just one of those things HS Football that we talk about ....I have heard everything from STA is "scared" of Bosco to conspiracy statements that I won't repeat on this board.
There are local teams down here that sometimes go through stages where they own STA as well. I think Miramar won 4-5 games straight in recent years versus STA and Deerfield Beach may have had a run as well. So I am not overly surprised the most heralded private in NJ history out of a very strong league have a 2-0 run going against STA. We all assume the ball is in STA's hands now to rekindle that rivalry - hopefully we get another in the near future!

Broward, great post and I agree.. Bosco likes to come to Fla because it's close and the competition is very good.. I saw both games and as you said,"Bosco may just have their number"... They didn't have MC number but overall they have a decent OOS record.. I will be at that game against AHP and I think Bosco will have their hands full with that bunch.. Bosco usually plays pretty good defense so it should be an alright game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT