ADVERTISEMENT

Another Manatee resignation

BD1982

Jul 19, 2010
http://www.bradenton.com/2015/02/03/5616584/longtime-manatee-high-assistant.html

thoughts?? Stability appears to be lost

Darn good coach there - Manatee always has speed galore and skills, but when he has those O-lineman cracking, Manatee's hard to contend with for anybody. Always hate seeing a guy leave the program he grew up in and loves - can't replace that easily.

Also noticed Coach played in my old conference the KCAC ten years after I did. He was a "Moundbuilder" at Southwestern College in Winfield, KS. Great career at Manatee Coach!

All of the coaches did the right thing last year by sticking with the program, rather than jumping ship then..........but this is the same scenario that played out with coach D, when coach Kinnan stepped down the 1st time...........ironic and/or troubling who's to say? This is however the second time coach Peebles has left the program. I will also add this.........prior to last year the last 2 Hurricanes teams after the 2011 state title team were abundantly talented yet finished each year with a big loud thud!

Gotta let coach Booth run this his way, ultimately the product on the field as well as the program as a whole moving forward will speak volumes about coach Booth's ability as a HBC. I was somewhat taken back by coach Booth pleading his case on social media last week? There were other forums where that could have been dealt with more directly...........not social media in my mind.

Go Canes Go!

I hope things settle down at Manatee one way or the other soon. Darn good program with a great history and I was looking forward to a few more playoff meetings over the next few years with them in 8A.

At the end of the day, it is Coach Booth's program to run for now. His success or lack thereof will be determined by the passage of time. As an alum of the school he should be afforded the opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT